NEurope

I think Billie Jean is alright, but hardly revolutionary. I prefer a lot of his other hits. Except Thriller. That's a bloated turd.

I really am not a big fan of Billie Jean. I think Smooth Criminal takes it for me too.

I really am not a big fan of Billie Jean. I think Smooth Criminal takes it for me too.

You used to be so cool dyson :( What do people here think of the alien ant farm version of SC?

You used to be so cool dyson :( What do people here think of the alien ant farm version of SC?

I really like it, or at least used too. I've not heard it in months, need to give it another listen.

Just heard Alexisonfire's new single. Sounded like Gallows new song in parts :/ but it should grow on me. Not much screaming either :(

Link, go. They got a new album out soon, then?

Alexisonfire and Mad Caddies are playing leeds and reading. Good times are to be had in the lock up tent :D

Woot @ Alex. Never heard Mad Caddies - they similar?

In fact, I'll open this a bit. In particular, I've been listening to Silverstein alot recently, mainly "Discovering the Waterfront". Really love songs like this:

Smile In Your Sleep

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Defend You

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Something about the flow of the singing and music, broken up by the screaming, that I really like.

I already listen to Silverstein, Brand New, Alexisonfire, Senses Fail and Taking Back Sunday, but what other bands are out there that are similar?

Haha, it's what made me discover the original if I'm honest. Parents weren't really big MJ fans (neither am I to be honest) so I wasn't really exposed to it. I loved it, think I bought the single or someone bought it for me or I had a gift voucher or something. Ahh, maybe it was a promo copy. God, I don't know.

Anyway I liked it :heh:

Placebo - For What It's Worth. New single from their forthcoming album, "Battle for the Sun".

Never thought I'd hear brass in a Placebo song. :)

Edited by somme

Yaaaay seeing them at Reading Festival. Should be interesting.

Placebo - For What It's Worth. New single from their forthcoming album, "Battle for the Sun".

Never thought I'd hear brass in a Placebo song. :)

0000030303_350.jpg

Polly?

: peace:

Hmm. Not overly taken with their new song/stuff in general. We'll see how the album fares. Tbh, Meds wore off (ooh play on words?) pretty quickly. Not that into many of the songs. Way prefer their first two albums.

If anyone is interested here is my brothers new band. He made this music video for his coursework i think at Uni. The Cheap Rhapsodys :)

New MM track :D (Metal kicks in at 2:19)

Seriously, Stemage is so damned talented! What the hell went wrong with his album? Couldn't he just have kept shut and let it be all instrumental? :(

It's great to see one of the best metroid tunes finally get a MM adaptation. But I must confess I'm disappointed. Especially since the last two were so good.

Seriously, Stemage is so damned talented! What the hell went wrong with his album? Couldn't he just have kept shut and let it be all instrumental? :(

It's great to see one of the best metroid tunes finally get a MM adaptation. But I must confess I'm disappointed. Especially since the last two were so good.

I enjoyed it, I've always loved that piece of music, it was one of my favourite parts of the game too, I still get shivers down my spine when hearing that track as it's just so damned good. : peace:

I don't think I've heard the other adaptations so I can't comment on how this one fares in comparision but yeah the guy is obviously talented, whats that about non-instrumental bits though Oxigen? Don't tell me he sang over the top of a Metroid track? :shakehead

I enjoyed it, I've always loved that piece of music, it was one of my favourite parts of the game too, I still get shivers down my spine when hearing that track as it's just so damned good. : peace:

I don't think I've heard the other adaptations so I can't comment on how this one fares in comparision but yeah the guy is obviously talented, whats that about non-instrumental bits though Oxigen? Don't tell me he sang over the top of a Metroid track? :shakehead

Nã. Besides Metroid Metal he's an "artist" called Stemage, and he released a CD, with great instrumentals, but kinda ruined it by singing, lol.

As for the rest. Downed Frigate Orpheon is perhaps my favourite Metroid music, and I was expecting it to be devastatingly good, and it just pales in comparison to some of his other pieces. Check it:

The MP3 theme/Bryo is his best. Incredible. The downed Frigate theme is good, until the metal part starts, for some reason.

Nã. Besides Metroid Metal he's an "artist" called Stemage, and he released a CD, with great instrumentals, but kinda ruined it by singing, lol.

As for the rest. Downed Frigate Orpheon is perhaps my favourite Metroid music, and I was expecting it to be devastatingly good, and it just pales in comparison to some of his other pieces. Check it:

Oh I see... *breathes sigh of relief* for some reason I thought he had maybe added vocals to a Metroid track, which would be a damned tragedy Imo. :heh:

I will check out those other Metal covers as the music used in Metroid games is some of the best. :)

Little Boots is finally about to release her album.

LittleBootsHandsPack_small.jpg

1. New In Town

2. Earthquake

3. Stuck On Repeat

4. Click

5. Remedy

6. Meddle

7. Ghosts

8. Mathematics

9. Symmetry

10. Tune Into My Heart

11. Hearts Collide

12. No Brakes

I notice no Love Kills.

ATP vs The Fans stage times are out and there are no major clashes. Hurrah! Friday night is basically amazing; Grouper, Casiotone, HEALTH, Andrew WK, Devo, Pink Mountaintops; Jesu; Fuck Buttons; Edan.

Total party!!

.....REALLY? Wow never heard anyone say that before. Smooth Criminal is an amazing song, I like his vocal style in it and the 10 minute video for it is just breath taking. That said, I feel Billie Jean is the most perfect song ever to have been made and probably the only song that will never age. That base line....:heart:

Don't get me wrong, though. I love Billie Jean, too. Timeless. But it's all down to personal taste and I bloody love the music in Smooth Criminal.

I quite liked it back when it came out, but it doesn't compare to the original.

Speaking of Alien Ant Farm: I bought their debut album back in the day. It was alright. But it hasn't aged well.

I think Billie Jean is alright, but hardly revolutionary. I prefer a lot of his other hits. Except Thriller. That's a bloated turd.

It's a well-known fact that the majority of people who say that are scared of Vincent Price's evil laugh at the end. :heh:

Maybe this should go in the captions thread...

2140394321_5b68181ede.jpg

French people are weird. : p

Looks like I'm gonna have to compile me a top 10 list, though it's gonna take me a while. Quite surprised no one has put Billie Jean in their lists yet :|

Been listening to Lupe Fiasco a lot recently. His music is so thought provoking and relaxing. Incredible artist.

Good stuff, Lupe is awesome. Got all his albums, one of the few rappers I genuinely love.

Little Boots is finally about to release her album.

LittleBootsHandsPack_small.jpg

1. New In Town

2. Earthquake

3. Stuck On Repeat

4. Click

5. Remedy

6. Meddle

7. Ghosts

8. Mathematics

9. Symmetry

10. Tune Into My Heart

11. Hearts Collide

12. No Brakes

I notice no Love Kills.

yes!

when?

Lol.

I'd love to know the logic behind that photoshoot. :p

That's busy P, the leader of Ed Banger records. And you know who the other two are.

Ta. Was curious myself who that guy was. I like the photo and want to be able to say more about it but...hmm. Im stuck on 'like'. Entertaining. I'll throw that word in there too.

And yeah, when is Hands due? (although she should definately go back to brunette)