NEurope

Theres no point even saying that stuff you said if its about music you dont care about. I dont like any artist on your last fm so i dont comment on any of it when you post. Aimed at people who like rock/post-hardcore/metal or whoever

I've seen Thursday live (my first proper gig), so I have a tiny bit of memory associated with them, so I listened to the track you said was awesome.

Fuck off, Joanna Newsom. Worst voice in music.

She's absolutely brilliant. I find her voice magical. On her first album (i.e the one people who aren't fans base everything on) there are tracks I never listen to though, as it's sometimes too much. But that's fine, as her second album, YS exists.

She has control, fully in this one. It's stunning. Like listening to the stories the hills have to tell you. Just..wow. (Not her voice, the actual songs)

But her voice, the songs, the cover...it's like being transported to a medievel time and place. *sighs wistfully*

5 tracks. 1 hour long album. Diamond of an album most people will never know the greatness of.

Listening to it again now, her voice is very different to the first album. Less "child-like". It's...wow. *stops, to listen*

Dyson, it's not really you, though, is it? :bouncy: Bit off the hook and rad.

Very few people who post here actually do it to seek opinion, it's normally just to say who is awesome and post some spiritual ramblings about how the artists songs complete them as a person.

Applyng to me after my YS post now! :p

Theres no point even saying that stuff you said if its about music you dont care about. I dont like any artist on your last fm so i dont comment on any of it when you post. Aimed at people who like rock/post-hardcore/metal or whoever

regardless of what you're in to- that was twaddle.

Can anyone recommend me any new Autechre albums? I have the first 3 now and I'm unsure which one I should get next.

Can anyone recommend me any new Autechre albums? I have the first 3 now and I'm unsure which one I should get next.

I've not followed that guy for a while. I kinda appreciate what his gig is, and I like some of his tunes but quite often he leaves me feeling really unsettled and weird. His sound is truly strange.

regardless of what you're in to- that was twaddle.

I disagree.

Although with my sig It'd be shocking if I didn't.

I prefer Full Collapse Thursday anyway

Anyway, your point is irrelevant, because Ys by Joanna Newsom is one of the best albums in the last 10 years.

Neeext.

Dyson, it's not really you, though, is it? :bouncy: Bit off the hook and rad.

Saying something like that, or liking music like that? My music taste sure has its' twists and turns; I'm a man of varied tastes. Sometimes quirky voices do it for me, see Crystal Castles for an example of that. Joanna Newsom was given to me on a big data cd of bands I might like, it also came with OK Go, TV On The Radio, Islands, The National,a good mix of stuff. I just couldn't stand her voice.

Unfortunately, and I know it'll pain you to hear it, but it's the same with Polly Scattergood for me as well. Nitrogen Pink just makes something inside of me curl up in a ball and shield my inner ears.

I agree with Dyson here. I personally cannot stand Joanna Newsom's voice. That said I do enjoy Sprout And The Bean, but more because of the beautiful harp compositions rather than anything else. Why is the fact that a voice as unique as hers is extremely subjective, such a problem to accept Paj? It really pisses me off when you and Chair go on superiority rants. I don't know if you two mean to, but a lot of the time you really do seem like you're looking down your noses at other people's music choices. That's my perception of it all anyway.

I can see that her voice is divisive, I even said it was with me. The first album is only ok for me, as it's so hit and miss (her voice).

But that doesn't mean that her second album isn't by all accounts outstanding. Credit where credit is due.

Unfortunately, and I know it'll pain you to hear it, but it's the same with Polly Scattergood for me as well. Nitrogen Pink just makes something inside of me curl up in a ball and shield my inner ears.

Oh yeah you said that before. I do get that it's not your kinda voice. (Though a lot of Pollys songs on her album are unexpectedly...normal. I noticed anyway. Considering there's a few songs of hers that wouldn't suggest so.

n.b I wouldn't say Alice Glass has a quirky voice. Seems normal to me (excellent in the context of Castles stuff).

I agree with Dyson here. I personally cannot stand Joanna Newsom's voice. That said I do enjoy Sprout And The Bean, but more because of the beautiful harp compositions rather than anything else. Why is the fact that a voice as unique as hers is extremely subjective, such a problem to accept Paj? It really pisses me off when you and Chair go on superiority rants. I don't know if you two mean to, but a lot of the time you really do seem like you're looking down your noses at other people's music choices. That's my perception of it all anyway.

I'm sure it does often come across as that. Sometimes greatness can't be denied. YS is very much an example of that. I'm not talking about her as an artist, more that album. (Again not the one the casual listener will have even heard)

In my defence, I don't make the sort of sweeping statements like Chair does. Such as the Little Boots/topshop one. I have an opinion on things I find vaccuous and dull, and after I've listened to the stuff, I'll comment. Hopefully not in sweeping statements. I know what it's like to unconditionally love an artist who doesn't make stellar music (Tori Amos at points! :p), so I do try to justify what I say (most of the time).

But then how else am I to respond to "Fuck off Joanna Newsom. Worst voice in music.". If that's not a sweeping statement what is? I could have said that about.... *thinks* Viva La Vida by Coldplay (First thing that came to mind that Dyson likes :)), and he could respond like I did, only about Viva La Vida. (If he felt it was truly an amazing album)

::shrug:

Oh yeah you said that before. I do get that it's not your kinda voice. (Though a lot of Pollys songs on her album are unexpectedly...normal. I noticed anyway. Considering there's a few songs of hers that wouldn't suggest so.

The random iTunes thing was awesome and did introduce me to a lot of new music I liked, and I was willing to give all the songs a decent chance. Scattergood originally gave me a very meh feeling, but in the end I just couldn't handle her voice. The same thing happened when listening to Newsom's album - though, I can't remember which one of hers I had. (It had Peach Plum Pear on it, the only one I remember for being so fucking irritating. If it was Ys then I must disagree with your statement of unquestionable greatness but if it was album 1 then I may check out Ys to see if there's any improvement).

n.b I wouldn't say Alice Glass has a quirky voice. Seems normal to me (excellent in the context of Castles stuff).

Not so much her voice, but the way she uses it. I do wonder if she'd be a good singer at all. I'd like to think so.

In my defence, I don't make the sort of sweeping statements like Chair does. Such as the Little Boots/topshop one. I have an opinion on things I find vaccuous and dull, and after I've listened to the stuff, I'll comment. Hopefully not in sweeping statements. I know what it's like to unconditionally love an artist who doesn't make stellar music (Tori Amos at points! :p), so I do try to justify what I say (most of the time).

Yeah, credit where credit's due, I suppose this is true.

But then how else am I to respond to "Fuck off Joanna Newsom. Worst voice in music.". If that's not a sweeping statement what is? I could have said that about.... *thinks* Viva La Vida by Coldplay (First thing that came to mind that Dyson likes :)), and he could respond like I did, only about Viva La Vida. (If he felt it was truly an amazing album)

::shrug:

To be fair that was a huge overstatement though not necessarily a sweeping statement. Her voice doesn't sit right with me but she has talent in using it, music like Alice Glass, except hers, for some very bizarre reason, does.

Ouch, picking out the Coldplay choice, now I feel like 99% of everyone else in Great Britain :heh: Actually I havn't given the album a listen, I adore the song though. I should get hold of it at some point. If you'd have used Muse as an example I may have been more defensive here :heh:

If you'd have used Muse as an example I may have been more defensive here :heh:

Damn right, don't be afraid what your mind conceals, you should make a stand, stand up for what you believe. :smile:

We all have different taste in music and while I think it's good to give stuff that you wouldn't have normally considered listening to a chance, sometimes it's just best to stick to what you know that you really like. : peace:

The same thing happened when listening to Newsom's album - though, I can't remember which one of hers I had. (It had Peach Plum Pear on it, the only one I remember for being so fucking irritating. If it was Ys then I must disagree with your statement of unquestionable greatness but if it was album 1 then I may check out Ys to see if there's any improvement).

As I said, YS has 5 tracks. All 7 minutes -16 minutes long. So when people listen to her casually, they'll listen to tracks from Milk-Eyed Mender (like you did).

YS is beauty. Much less erratic. :grin:

Right,I might give Ys a listen just to see if it works out. Milk Eyed Mender was horrific x_x

Right,I might give Ys a listen just to see if it works out. Milk Eyed Mender was horrific x_x

The fact that I, while liking her a lot, concedes that it's a hard listen (it's good but disharmonious, not sure that's a word), means that YS is definitiely better. Easier to listen to, and much more rewarding. (imo)

I was just messing. I quite like Uffie. She manages to pull of a sound that could potentially be infuriating.

Edit: Loving this,

FrankMusik - When You're Around (Boys Noize Remix)

It's taken me far too long to remember that the original was Golden Brown, heh. But anyway, I really like this, kind of addictive.

I was in a bit of a shit mood, and giving The Best Damn Thing a listen always gets me out of it because it's just so "OMFG WOO LIKE MEN SUCK WOO YEAH, I LOVE MEN BUT ROAR THEY SUCK" (Or in simpler words..it's like the records on crack).

I just love how ridiculously hyped this song is. It's just oddly satisfying to play when blaring out of your Hi-Fi speakers at some ridiculous volume.

"I wish you were her, you left out the 'e', you left without me...and now you're somewhere out there with THAT BITCH SLUT PSYCHOBABE I HATE YOU WHY ARE GUYS SO LAME?".

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Slaggis

cicadaroulette.jpg

Cicada is releasing a new album 'Roulette' in May!!

He's quite a cool remix but if you can find the 'Charlie Fanclub' Remix. It is awesome.

Edit!!!: Sod that remix, was a bit shit really. The 'Charlie Fanclub' Remix is good though. This is the original track:

Got this stuck on repeat.

Really love it.

I not too sure why, but I reckon this is something Haggis might like. Chorus is catchy. More so on the original version but the NAZIS!! at YouTube have blocked that video...

On Spotify though. Somewhere on my playlist as well which has grown massively.

Edited by Daft

On Spotify though. Somewhere on my playlist as well which has grown massively.

Why have I heard this song so many times before? Never knew it was Frankmusik.

---

Shock! I'm coming around to Lady GaGa. The production on her album is wonderful. The few jokes she tells me are intriguing, but she needs to be anally rectified in general.

There are some sexual moments. Like the "bridge" in "I Like It Rough"...some songs in general.

She needs the balls to make a less commercial album, more piano and stuff. It's painfully obvious she's better acoustic with a decent but strange song than she is running around singing crap.

I find the plastic shit she wears nice to look at. She's still a bit fugly with all that fake tan and eyelashes.

^ you're not the only one coming round to Lady GaGa. Someone needs to bitch slap some sense into me because I'm seriously considering going out and buying her album and it's totally not the kind of album I'd go out to buy and not the kind of music I'd normally listen to, even though my tastes are broad, yet I'm liking her stuff. Also, I personally find her stunning. She reminds me of people I know, like a cross over between two of my friends. It's very spooky.

^ Both of you need a nice, tasty bitchslap. Return some damn sense. :nono:

Lady GaGa is crap. Full stop.

^ Both of you need a nice, tasty bitchslap. Return some damn sense. :nono:

Lady GaGa is crap. Full stop.

Do you have her album?

She annoys me immensely, as she prevents herself as some sort of revolutionary, when her lyrics are either mediocre or bad. However, the production on all her songs are priceless. She has a good voice, but this isn't evident on the album (...!).

The Fame, Poker Face, Boys Boys Boys.. and some other tracks are great fun. Others are either ok, blah or meh etc.

My latest Mix-CD I'm making:

1. Glass - Bat For Lashes

2. Mushaboom - Feist

3. The Con - Tegan and Sara

4. Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros

5. Skinny Love - Bon Iver

6. Hyperballad - Bjork

7. 5 Years Time - Noah & The Whale

8. I'm Beginning To Think You Prefer Beverly Hills 90210 To Me - Fight Like Apes

9. Anywhere I Lay My Head - Scarlett Johansson

10. Number 24 - Polly Scattergood

11. Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie - Joanna Newsom

To break away from my strange want to buy Lady GaGa's album, I have been listening to Collapse by Saosin thanks to Burnout Paradise and have to say it's pretty good. I thought Saosin were some heavy metal band and I don't where this perception came from but it's gone after hearing that song. Might delve into their back catalogue and see if anything else takes my fancy.

^ you're not the only one coming round to Lady GaGa. Someone needs to bitch slap some sense into me because I'm seriously considering going out and buying her album and it's totally not the kind of album I'd go out to buy and not the kind of music I'd normally listen to, even though my tastes are broad, yet I'm liking her stuff. Also, I personally find her stunning. She reminds me of people I know, like a cross over between two of my friends. It's very spooky.

See, I don't get this. If you like it, then buy it. You can't help what you like, so if you like it then why deprive yourself of it? Personally, I love the album. It's got some utterly addictive beats, and it's damn fun. (All in my own opinion, of course).