NEurope

Just found DatA on Spotify.

Haven't listened to him in a while and I can't stop listening to '7 Months to Forget'.

rapture_recto_myspace.jpg

It's actually making me euphoric.

Do you ever listen to songs just for one bit of the song?

I live for the occasions I hear "It's cloudbusting Daddy", sung by Kate Bush in Cloudbusting near the end, in a lovely deep voice.

And the bit in Saelopur by Sigur Ros where he sings deeper randomly. My favourite musical phrase ever.

Justice remix of Fatboy Slim's 'Don't Let The Man'.

The one bar where everything goes quiet and it's only the chords for the keyboard. Bliss.

The bassline at the end of DVNO by Justice makes me juice!

The breakdown in Can't Not by Alanis Morissette, where it's her combatting the recorded male voice just by herself, her voice rising in passion as the male voice rises in anger.

So good.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs playing 2 dates at Shepherds Bush.... Must get tickets. O_O

The new album is alright. Although it gets a bit samey after the first few...it's not "fiery".

Radiohead really are brilliant, just listening to their greatest hits and it's just class. So many songs that I just forget about that are awesome like "high and dry" "my iron lung" etc

Radiohead really are brilliant, just listening to their greatest hits and it's just class. So many songs that I just forget about that are awesome like "high and dry" "my iron lung" etc

Truth spoken : peace: I've been listening to them a lot recently, to all their albums and while their best albums are easily The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A as far as consistency goes; I have started to warm a lot more to In Rainbows, it's very different in style from the rest which it's better and worse for i.e I prefer older Radiohead tracks mainly but there is something about their latest work thats decent but in a different way.

My favourite tracks from them are Fake Plastic Trees, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, No Surprises, High and Dry, Creep, Kid A, Treefingers, Idoteque, 2+2=5, Myxomaosis, A Wolf at the Door, Pyramid Song, You and Who's Army?, Knives Out and a few more besides which I can't name off the top of my head atm.

But yeah they are quality imo. :)

Radiohead are quality, I have to say.

:bowdown: Thom Yorke, Johnny Greenwood, Will Greenwood, Ed O'Brien, Phil Selway :bowdown:

Goddamn, those guys make some awesome music...

----------------------

It's time for another of Villan's Vintage Videos :smile:

Whenever people all over the world think about British music, they will always think of the same world-conquering bands. But there will always be one band who will always stand out above the rest. This band had the attention of the whole world back in the 1960s, and their influence and legacy just won't die.

I'm talking, of course, about The Beatles.

The Beatles - Hey Jude - 1968

Radiohead, I love. Too many amazing songs to have a favourite. Street Spirit probably because I used to hear it all the time when I was younger. Otherwise, Paranoid Android is also awesome.

Okay, this song needs ATTENTION.

The Presents - If I Know You

Strange and awesome video.

Fixed the tag as it doesn't work in HD.

Anyway good song and yeah odd video. Would be interesting to try and see if you could recreate that though.

That video was nice.

I love how Love.Angel.Music.Baby is the quintessentially satisfying pop album to listen to. It has awesome beats the whole way though, Gwen Stefani's voice, and every song is decent, and uncliched.

Stil holds up 4-5 years after it was released against newer pop shit. It's so...sharp, while being smooth too.

Of course her second album was shit.

That video was nice.

I love how Love.Angel.Music.Baby is the quintessentially satisfying pop album to listen to. It has awesome beats the whole way though, Gwen Stefani's voice, and every song is decent, and uncliched.

Stil holds up 4-5 years after it was released against newer pop shit. It's so...sharp, while being smooth too.

Of course her second album was shit.

Nothing can defend the atrocity that is 'Hollaback Girl'. The rest of the album ain't too bad though.

Is there another artist that evokes such respect from just the mere mention of his name than The Boss?

I think not.

Truth spoken : peace: I've been listening to them a lot recently, to all their albums and while their best albums are easily The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A as far as consistency goes; I have started to warm a lot more to In Rainbows, it's very different in style from the rest which it's better and worse for i.e I prefer older Radiohead tracks mainly but there is something about their latest work thats decent but in a different way.

My favourite tracks from them are Fake Plastic Trees, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, No Surprises, High and Dry, Creep, Kid A, Treefingers, Idoteque, 2+2=5, Myxomaosis, A Wolf at the Door, Pyramid Song, You and Who's Army?, Knives Out and a few more besides which I can't name off the top of my head atm.

But yeah they are quality imo. :)

The Bends is my favourite album by them, never gave the new album much of a chance but didn't like it on the 1st few listens.

Them and The Beastie Boys are the only bands who I need to see and haven't yet seen.

Weeeee, turns out what I thought was a complete collection of Muse songs was missing about 20 songs. I shouldn't neglect them so.

All patched up now.

Nothing can defend the atrocity that is 'Hollaback Girl'. The rest of the album ain't too bad though.

Is there another artist that evokes such respect from just the mere mention of his name than The Boss?

I think not.

I don't see what's wrong with Hollaback Girl. It's very catchy and oomphy, with fun lyrics. It's not saccharine or fake tough or whatever...it just is. I like it.

I'm with Paj (you should make shirts!)

it's a good tune. It amuses me.

Yeah. Amazing album all round.

I don't see what's wrong with Hollaback Girl. It's very catchy and oomphy, with fun lyrics. It's not saccharine or fake tough or whatever...it just is. I like it.

I believe the line is:-

"Let me hear you say this shit is bananas, B A N A N A S"

I believe the line is:-

"Let me hear you say this shit is bananas, B A N A N A S"

That's one of the loveliest things about the song though. Actually an interesting lyric to hear.

I love Cool the most off that album.

I hate Sweet Escape in comparison.

I agree. Hollback is just stupid fun. Rich Girls never sat right with me though.

And while I respect Springsteen the nickname 'The Boss' makes me do anything but respect him. I'm not aware of its origins but it sounds like the nickname an under-sexed frat boy would give himself.