NEurope

Well don't quote stuff out of context...

Haha sorry I didn't meant to put it that out of context, having just re-read. How I wanted it to seem is you praised one crappy band and criticised a similar band.

Just me with too much time on my hands ^_^

Preview of Bat For Lashes new album, Two Suns.

Clickity here for video/audio

Very reminiscent of Kate Bush (normally a cliched statement of "strange" women, but I have an informed opinion).

OMG! :o

omgomgomgomgomg!

Do want. love her. :heart:

*coughs*

So yeah I've not been listening to much music today but I have been listening to the Lonely Island. :laughing: too funny!

the best hip hop artist i've heard in ages is Pharaoh monch

the guy is just fucking superb. he's got passion and anger but he's not gangsta rap- the dude is an ex child soldier and is, quite rightly, anti violence and tears the macho glorification of gangsta rap to ribbons.

Preview of Bat For Lashes new album, Two Suns.

Clickity here for video/audio

Very reminiscent of Kate Bush (normally a cliched statement of "strange" women, but I have an informed opinion).

98% of the time when someone is compared to Kate Bush, they are no-where near as good.

I just love the fact Kate Bush is an amazing dancer, is properly educated (got 8 O-Levels or whatever), can play instruments, has a lovely voice AND makes brilliant music.

That said, Bat For Lashes is a gem, hidden in the rough rough seas.

Whilst not a genre I normally listen too a few artists I can recommend are The Streets because Original Pirate Material is awesome, Plan B, M.I.A. and JME although I don't think many of them you'll be into or fit what you're looking for.

Plan B - Who Needs Actions

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

JME - Serious

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Plan B is amazing

Love the album and he's pretty good live as well.

I don't think many people like Polysics here, but I do. A lot. Anyway, the video for their new single that is due for sometime in March!

I just love the fact Kate Bush ... is properly educated (got 8 O-Levels or whatever)

A lot of people have that...I have 9...:heh:

A lot of people have that...I have 9...:heh:

Yeah, but back in the days when exams were actually hard that meant alot.

Like, my mum always goes on about how when Wuthering Heights came out people couldn't believe that Kate Bush was 19, had so many qualifications and had chosen to go into music.

The day Justice and SoME died/sold out? Although arguably this is what SoME do. lol

Not SoME!! For the love of God! Not SoME....

And before anyone goes there, Daft Punk doing a GAP advert was awesome.

Juliette Lewis rocks.

OH MY GOD

Collabarative Playlists on Spotify have to be THE greatest things ever invented, ever! Such a great idea! Anyone up for an NE collabarative playlist?

Tracks of the day

DLZ - TV on the Radio

Dice - Finley Quaye

And YAYA seeing Asobi Seksu on Thursday :)

Collabrative Playlists?

tell me more, tell me more! :)

Basically you can make a playlist that you share with other people, so you can all add songs to it and share music like that :) Rather cool way to recomend music to each other

OH MY GOD

Collabarative Playlists on Spotify have to be THE greatest things ever invented, ever! Such a great idea! Anyone up for an NE collabarative playlist?

Tracks of the day

DLZ - TV on the Radio

Dice - Finley Quaye

And YAYA seeing Asobi Seksu on Thursday :)

I was seriously a few minutes away from posting the same thing. I already have one from another forum, so it would be ace.

We NEED one.

spotify:user:josh_is_daft:playlist:1XiwxmjrJgv8GYVKnSCcmq

(Just put it in the search bar of your spotify...also the smiley equates to the : and p...Plus the random space needs removing after the "K". My god, this is annoying)

Right. Add away.

(Edited with proper link)

Edit by Ashley

Sorted it out for you.

I was seriously a few minutes away from posting the same thing. I already have one from another forum, so it would be ace.

We NEED one.

(Just put it in the search bar of your spotify...also the smiley equates to the : and p...Plus the random space needs removing after the "K". My god, this is annoying)

Right. Add away.

ADDED! :grin: I hope. Well Ladytron is in it so it must be you! :)

I would use Spotify, but I like the physicality of owning music myself. It's why I like buying CD's and stuff, despite exclusivbely playing music using iTunes an my iPod.

I would use Spotify, but I like the physicality of owning music myself. It's why I like buying CD's and stuff, despite exclusivbely playing music using iTunes an my iPod.

You are aware you can do all that, and have Spotify...right? Do it.

We NEED one.

Right. Add away.

Sweeet. Anyone whos having problems: click quote Haggis' post and use the address from there.

YAY aweosme. Listning now :)

Know what ya mean. I often buy CDs even if I have them downloaded. Counted today, I have over 150 albums...

You are aware you can do all that, and have Spotify...right? Do it.

It's less fun though.

Plus I hate being spoiled. I avoid trailers for things I like the sound of etc, so I try never to listen to a full album before I get it, unless I'm really dubious about if I'll like it or not.

I'll of course end up getting it soon anyway...but still.

It's less fun though.

Sometimes, I feel you're just disagreeing for the sake of it. :p

But still, what about stuff you want to give a listen, but don't really feel compelled to buy? Surely this is the perfect (legal) way to do so?

Ah the age old Spotify conundrum...

Should I? Shouldn't I?

It is a dilemma. At first I laughed openly in my friends face! Well I say laughed but it was over a MSN conversation so it was more like I typed HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I pounded the keyboard like a confused walrus saliva spilling on the keys from my twisted manic face. Surely this spotify could not actually be any good? I thought to myself...

I said to my friend "No Scrobble, No Sale!" he said there was the ability to use scrobble...! Suddenly my twisted evil face contorted into a different poistion, it was that of disbelief and excitement. Last.fm scrobbling started forming in my mind as I saw lists and lists of new artists plays scrobble down my profile page. I quickly recovered from this bout of madness and asked politely whether he could sent me an invitation. He obliged and the world of spotify was opened to me.

At first I hardly used it, maybe the odd song I didn't have, then it grew into the odd album. Then I kept searching for different artists and spotify rewarded me with the treasure and delights of Mogwai and Shakira!

My love for the program soon grew and now I have playlist after playlist of artists I wouldn't even dream of! (Fleetwood Mac)I'm thankful to this mighty creation as it has opened my ears to a whole new world of music I previously would not have listened to!

Now I understand what you are saying Paj but even if you use it for the odd song to listen to it is good. Plus NE playlist. I'm sure you could add some good stuff to that! :) I wish I could afford to buy all these great albums (Camille) but I do not have that much money and an't afford everything and so spotify allows me to listen to these!

Right now Spotfiy has me gripped in its neon claws but I don't mind as I'm lovingly hugging its razor sharp edges (Sometimes does not come up with the artists I search for). It may be painful but man I'm not letting go.

EDIT: Woah that was longer than I thought.. I'm also unsure why I typed that. :p

Now I understand what you are saying Paj but even if you use it for the odd song to listen to it is good. Plus NE playlist. I'm sure you could add some good stuff to that! :) I wish I could afford to buy all these great albums (Camille) but I do not have that much money and an't afford everything and so spotify allows me to listen to these.

That's the reason summed up, basically. Like you say, if I had enough money to buy all these albums I would, but I don't. This way I get to enjoy music, without going bankrupt.

I could have just said that! but no I had to turn it into an epic story of love and...waffle basically. It's past 12 in the morning, forgive me! :p

EDIT: Having given Sky Larkin a proper listen I'm liking the sound. :D

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Been listening to this John Mayer song a lot lately. For some reason is fills me with a strange sense of optimism. Which is a great achievement, i'm normally a cynical bar steward.

Just listening to the Fightstar cover of "Hide and seek" by Imogen Heap.

I actually quite like Fightstar and think they get a bit of unfair stick but this is awful.

I borrowed:

Moon Safari - Air

Storytelling - Belle & Sebastian (I love the cover)

Our Love To Admire - Interpol

from the library today.

Not listened yet.