NEurope

Camille-Music Hole

Not quite as good but still musically wonderful.

The iTunes exclusive performances off the album are my favourite.

It's just amazing the sounds she and her backing singers can make without any instruments.

Of course Le Fil is way better, because she sounds way more natural singing in French than English, but Music Hole is lovely - it would be wrong to not admit that.

-----------

I read an interesting article which drew parallels between Metal music and the Queer/Drag culture.

Some of it made loads of sense, like the whole leather and chains thing which Judas Preist did (taking influence from gay S&M) but then the rest of the content was bullshit, obviously written by an overzealous gay metal fan.

While I'm on the topic, I hate how the gay community literally worships Kylie. Like, I do love that famous dress, and most of X is lovely, and the video to Come Into My World is the most great thing I've ever seen in my life, but realistically Madonna is way better.

ok, seriously. You HAVE to stop using 'literally' to describe everything or I'm going to start editing your posts with pictures of roadkill.

I think we all need to remember something. The best album released this DECADE is Incredibad by The Lonely Island.

"I'm on a boat"

"Jizz in my pants"

"We like sportz"

"Dick in a box"

So many classics.

ok, seriously. You HAVE to stop using 'literally' to describe everything or I'm going to start editing your posts with pictures of roadkill.

Stop lying.

:heh:

I read an interesting article which drew parallels between Metal music and the Queer/Drag culture.

Some of it made loads of sense, like the whole leather and chains thing which Judas Priest did (taking influence from gay S&M) but then the rest of the content was bullshit, obviously written by an overzealous gay metal fan.

Part of that was because Rob Halford, singer of Judas Priest, is gay. I think the outfits were a bit of a ploy to make you think whether he was or not. Plus because of him, leather became synonymous with heavy metal.

That means this whole parallel you mentioned was simply because the frontman of one of the most famous pioneer bands of metal music is gay. His flamboyant behaviour on-stage caused it all.

He'll always be a metal god, though, and he has a Brummie accent thicker than Ozzy Osbourne's. :bowdown:

Part of that was because Rob Halford, singer of Judas Priest, is gay. I think the outfits were a bit of a ploy to make you think whether he was or not. Plus because of him, leather became synonymous with heavy metal.

That means this whole parallel you mentioned was simply because the frontman of one of the most famous pioneer bands of metal music is gay. His flamboyant behaviour on-stage caused it all.

He'll always be a metal god, though, and he has a Brummie accent thicker than Ozzy Osbourne's. :bowdown:

Yeah of course, that was what a fair amount of the article was about, but that doesn't mean there isn't a link between heavy metal leather and S&M.

The author was like "Why isn't Halford a gay hero? Why isn't Judas Priest played in gay clubs?" and I was thinking "Because the overwhelming majority of gay men are so superficial in their tastes that they can't think outside the bubblegum-pop decorated box".

Do it.

I think we all need to remember something. The best album released this DECADE is Incredibad by The Lonely Island.

"I'm on a boat"

"Jizz in my pants"

"We like sportz"

"Dick in a box"

So many classics.

Quoted for truth.

"I'm on a boat"

"Jizz in my pants"

"We like sportz"

"Dick in a box"

So many classics.

word.

Sweet they are on Spotify, I did not realise. :yay:

Its amusing how a decent enough tune can cover up the most benign of lyrics. Crystal Castles vs Health's 'Crimewave' is a nice enough song but looking at the lyrics... http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/gossipgirl1/crimewave.htm

:/

(this was more just an outloud musing as I was looking at it for my dissertation)

Yes indeed. Though if Crystal Castles are about the lyrics, then the Wii is about hardcore gamers.

Oh yeah, so much better than Last.fm for discovering music. Plus, it scrobbles, so itunes has just become useless to me. It's all I've been using for music, for the past few weeks.

Loooove.

Anyone fancy briefly explaining this Spotify thing to me so I can judge whether to get an account? I do rather love Last.fm so hmmm

In other news this week I discovered what a ridiculously awesome song Crosstown Traffic by Hendrix is...

Anyone fancy briefly explaining this Spotify thing to me so I can judge whether to get an account? I do rather love Last.fm so hmmm

In other news this week I discovered what a ridiculously awesome song Crosstown Traffic by Hendrix is...

It's layed out like itunes, sort of. Yo can make playlists and stuff too. There's no purchase or anything either. All you do is search an artist, and then if they are on there (most are) you can play them as much as you want. That's basically it.

There's artist radio, so it plays similar artists, it recommends others to you that are similar and all this is payed for by listening to a 30 second audio advert from time to time (maybe every few hours/days)

It's layed out like itunes, sort of. Yo can make playlists and stuff too. There's no purchase or anything either. All you do is search an artist, and then if they are on there (most are) you can play them as much as you want. That's basically it.

There's artist radio, so it plays similar artists, it recommends others to you that are similar and all this is payed for by listening to a 30 second audio advert from time to time (maybe every few hours/days)

Wow this is awesome!! Quite alot of stuff not on there but I guess that'll improve over time...

It's like itunes combined with last.fm, this is great!! Ooohh and it scrobbles!!

Pick Of The Day: Who's Your Enemy (Live) by Black Cherry

I just love the fact the lead woman could be in a shite RnB band, but isn't, and choses to do brilliant music instead.

I'm back from my shitty long weekend.

I listened to PCD by The Pussycat Dolls out of interest (my sister got it for Xmas, amongst others), and It has a few remarkable tracks.

I won't lie, a lot of their singles are awesome, and a lot are shit.

-----

Lady GaGa is awful. She need a swift kick, and to stop harping on about how arty she is. Cause...she's just not. [/from ages ago]

The Pussycat Dolls ...are awesome, and a lot are shit.

-----

Lady GaGa is awful.

Keep your story straight :heh:

I fucking loathe the PCD.

Keep your story straight :heh:

I fucking loathe the PCD.

Well don't quote stuff out of context...

I hate the fact they're manufactured etc, and that the main (only?) singer was brought into the group just to aid their singing career etc, rather being a dancer in whatever show they were part of before.

That said, whatshername Sherzinger has a decent voice and they have some good pop songs, that I wasn't aware of until I listened to the album itself.

However they murdered, quartered and threw off a cliff Tainted Love, Feeling Good and Hot Stuff.

Any reccommend me some rap? I love Tupac and quite like Dr. Dre and Eminem, but the last two have so many fillers on their album it's quite annoying. The Beastie Boys are also alright, as are NWA. 50 Cent can eat shit and Public Enemy I can't take seriously.

Anyway, some solid rap albums please. I like angry and heavy stuff but none of that shitty filler with over-the-top-bullshit that most gangster rap has.

This video is deeply disturbing. The song isn't that great.

Matt & Kim - 5k

If someone were to stab me to death, I would want it to be Matt &/or Kim. They just look so happy, and not in an especially manic way.

Any reccommend me some rap? I love Tupac and quite like Dr. Dre and Eminem, but the last two have so many fillers on their album it's quite annoying. The Beastie Boys are also alright, as are NWA. 50 Cent can eat shit and Public Enemy I can't take seriously.

Anyway, some solid rap albums please. I like angry and heavy stuff but none of that shitty filler with over-the-top-bullshit that most gangster rap has.

Whilst not a genre I normally listen too a few artists I can recommend are The Streets because Original Pirate Material is awesome, Plan B, M.I.A. and JME although I don't think many of them you'll be into or fit what you're looking for.

Plan B - Who Needs Actions

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

JME - Serious

Broadcast Yourself
Audio