NEurope

Oh no I've got shit music taste... who the hell cares? I like what I like even if it isn't some piece of lyrical/musical splendour that will transcend all of time. If it's catchy and a bit of fun then I'll usually like it.

It's not as if I'm ridiculously close minded and wont listen to new things. I've downloaded quite a lot of stuff after people have made suggestions in here (e.g. Tegan and Sara), but to be honest most of the times the things that are suggested aren't really my cup of tea. I mean, sure it's pretty good but I'd rather listen to the fun "shit" music any day!

Enjoy what you like mate, who gives a shit what anyone else thinks.

Now this is a tune.

Link in case Youtube box doesn't work.

Oh don't worry I do, it's just a little annoying when people talk down to you and act all high and mighty just because they have a "superior" music taste.

Well all other music was made null and void when Daft Punk came along so it doesn't matter what anyone listens to. :heh:

On a more serious note, I hear rumours of a new Danger remix coming soon. About time, I've been going mad waiting for new Danger.

I haven't made my mind up on Cut Copy yet. The Whitest Boy Alive is stealing my sound waves.

---

Matt & Kim are awesome.

Loving this song. Posted it on my blog.

Love this video. If anyone can play the drums, be my friend so we can recreate this video in real life. I want to play in a fridge!! :heh:

Oh don't worry I do, it's just a little annoying when people talk down to you and act all high and mighty just because they have a "superior" music taste.
Yeah I know it's bullshit! because half the time I think their "superior" music is utter shite!

Like what you like! and the more embarressing it is, the louder it goes!

---

Matt & Kim are awesome.

Loving this song. Posted it on my blog.

Love this video. If anyone can play the drums, be my friend so we can recreate this video in real life. I want to play in a fridge!! :heh:

Well that was quite special...

My friend Nick has drum skills but I don't think he'll fit in a fridge. I'll get back to you on that :p

This (DJ Harry - All My Life) came on shuffle today. A nice lil' song (although there is no video to watch unfortunatly):

Oh no I've got shit music taste... who the hell cares? I like what I like even if it isn't some piece of lyrical/musical splendour that will transcend all of time. If it's catchy and a bit of fun then I'll usually like it.

It's not as if I'm ridiculously close minded and wont listen to new things. I've downloaded quite a lot of stuff after people have made suggestions in here (e.g. Tegan and Sara), but to be honest most of the times the things that are suggested aren't really my cup of tea. I mean, sure it's pretty good but I'd rather listen to the fun "shit" music any day!

Yeah I know it's bullshit! because half the time I think their "superior" music is utter shite!

Like what you like! and the more embarressing it is, the louder it goes!

My heroes.

Florence and the Machine are quite possibly the worst band I've ever heard. There seems to be far too many people in this thread who think only bands or artists that aren't that well known are good. Obviously, it's all subjective and people will like what they like, but as someone who can play many instruments, I find it quite amusing you can call the music of coldplay shit, yet praise Billie Piper.

Eddage, you like what you like mate, your musical taste is no worse than any of the so called Guru's in this thread.

I find it quite amusing you can call the music of coldplay shit, yet praise Billie Piper.

Personally I was just enjoying an ironic trip down memory lane. Last night was the first time I've listened to that song in over a decade, and I can't imagine I'll be doing so again anytime soon. Coldplay are, to me, musical drivvel. Plus a lot of the hatred comes from whatshisface who needs to be kicked in the cumf.

The Whitest Boy Alive is stealing my sound waves.

Is their new album any good? I don't really know them that well myself, but my sister does (I got her the other album for Christmas). =)

Listening to Moby's Last Night. Really should've picked this up earlier, heh. Loving it so far, even though I'm only on song 5 (out of 14). X3

Also hoping my parents will get me some more new albums for my birthday. Put the new Antony and the Johnsons on my list (as well as the previous EP) and really can't wait to listen to it!

Hmm.

Only thing in the Brit awards I listen to is Radiohead. Seasick Steve I've heard of and seems quite good but I've never properly listened yet. Everything else is bollocks imo!

Found another awesome Matt & Kim video for anyone who's interested.

Is their new album any good? I don't really know them that well myself, but my sister does (I got her the other album for Christmas). =)

I'm really enjoying it. I haven't heard their first album actually. :heh:

Some of the new songs are on their myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/thewhitestboyalive

Check out 'Island'.

What's so shit about Coldplay? Far from the best band ever, but certainly listenable imo.

What's so shit about Coldplay? Far from the best band ever, but certainly listenable imo.

They pretty much set the standard for mediocrity. Anything below them is bad, and they're on the verge of acceptance, but they still suck, mainly due to the fact that they ruin songs with potential.

That was quite nice. If I had an elevator I'd play that in it. Calming and gentile enough to not be too 'alarming', but with a fun body-moving beat to it. (I dont think that makes any sense...)

In other news that you'll be happy of; Daft Punk has just knocked Ben Folds off my top 10 most played artists ever on last.fm. Giving HAL a listen now.

They pretty much set the standard for mediocrity. Anything below them is bad, and they're on the verge of acceptance, but they still suck, mainly due to the fact that they ruin songs with potential.

This.

Viva La Vida as an album is a step in the right direction, because it sounds different from their previous stuff, but still it's so generic and mediocre.

Why not just listen to Radiohead, who basically do the same thing, but WAAAAAAAY better?

And Coldplay remind me of a generic English person.

I love No Angel by Dido as an album.

This song, Honestly OK, is lovely to hear on my ears. I love the lovely atmosphere that comes with it.

I never quite got the comparisons between Coldplay and Radiohead. Radiohead are one of the best rock groups ever and coldplay, like OW said, do nothing that even bears a passing resemblence to the ambitious, forward thinking and eclectic style Radiohead possess. They just peddle the mumsey middle ground and have never warranted the comparison.

I am fucking addicted to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson. It's like what So What by P!nk would like, if it were actually a brilliantly shameless pop song, that flowed well.

---

Coldplay are just generica. I feel no reason to listen to them when a song of theirs comes on iTunes. They don't even have a token famous track that it generally acceptable, it's all roughly the same deal.

They aren't bad, but they aren't good. As others have said.

-----

I can't be arsed listening to Sarah Mclachlan. I like the overplayed song Angel (used in X Factor sad moments etc), and I keep being recommended her as I love Tori Amos and stuff, but I'm not really interested in just a piano-girl.

I love her song with Delerium though. Her voice works on cheesy trance songs.

I love Yeasayer.

Literally causes an ambiance in my head, which many people want back into.

Forgot about them, yeah it's a sublime album.

I am fucking addicted to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson. It's like what So What by P!nk would like, if it were actually a brilliantly shameless pop song, that flowed well.

Haha, I love that you seemed to hate it, and now love it. I mentioned the same thing, about it obviously being better than "So What". It's nice to see she'll finally be "popular" again. She said her album was a "mix of everything...one song even has some british punk influence". This should be interesting.

Oi! I like So What.

Actually I thought it sounded like vomit at first but the third time I heard it I liked it. Plus the video is funny.

Oi! I like So What.

Actually I thought it sounded like vomit at first but the third time I heard it I liked it. Plus the video is funny.

Hey, I'll defend P!nk through hell and highwater (usually), but it just clunked along so many times during it's length it was exruciating.

This Kelly Clarkson song is like the rockier, louder, faster, better version of that. It actually sounds like a "rock star". (while still being pop-orientated)

Doesn't stop Coldplay being shite though.

Quite liked the 1st 2 Coldplay albums, and pretty much most of the singles they've released since then. never understood why people randomly decided to hate them.

Hey, I'll defend P!nk through hell and highwater (usually), but it just clunked along so many times during it's length it was exruciating.

This Kelly Clarkson song is like the rockier, louder, faster, better version of that. It actually sounds like a "rock star". (while still being pop-orientated)

Agreed completely. It's totally Power Pop, but it still manages to sound...rock tinged. She has one hell of a voice, no doubt.

It's number one on US iTunes as we speak.

Incase someone hasn't heard it: