NEurope

Interpol last night.

Completely fucking baddass gig. I was nay further than 15 feet from the stage , and they played some of the tightest, sweetest and most absorbing live music I've ever seen. There were moments when it was all I could do to stand there while the music just washed over me, grinning like a catatonic village idiot. I swear, the crescendo to Pioneer to the falls actually gave me a semi.

Incubus are on hiatus atm arnt they? like quite a few of their songs. One of those bands il end up loving in a few years and being completely confused as to why i didnt give them a real chance :P

Nah they're just not recording/touring or anything. I would imagine their next album to come out sometime next year.

Been listening to some fantastically cheesy songs today courtesy of a friend of mine. It got me thinking of some of the best "Thats so terrible..but I LOVE it" songs.

I'd say mine would have to be:

I love it, so over the top it's brilliant.

--

"He Said She Said" - Ashley Tisdale. Laughable, in a good way.

I am loving having my old music back again. I went from a lame 25GB of music to a fantastic 82GB.

I got rid of quite a bit of the old music, there was way way too much punk on there and a few other things that were quite unnecessary. Alot of this music is stuff I was into for a few weeks 5 years ago, so there was no real reason to have it any more. I am very pleased to realise that on the whole my lusical taste has grown, rather than shifted from one genre to another.

so far joyfull rediscoveries - JJ72 - Otis Redding - Gorillaz

I cannot wait to delve deeper into al the music.

I am loving having my old music back again. I went from a lame 25GB of music to a fantastic 82GB.

I got rid of quite a bit of the old music, there was way way too much punk on there and a few other things that were quite unnecessary. Alot of this music is stuff I was into for a few weeks 5 years ago, so there was no real reason to have it any more. I am very pleased to realise that on the whole my lusical taste has grown, rather than shifted from one genre to another.

so far joyfull rediscoveries - JJ72 - Otis Redding - Gorillaz

I cannot wait to delve deeper into al the music.

It is not possible to have too much punk.

Sorry! I do not mean to offend, I am just gradually finding it very samey. Which is a pity, as i did really like it and I saw some really great bands.

I just dont feel the adventure in the guitar work and the drumming, and since I cant hear lyrics there''s not much in it for me anymore. I cant hear beautifull, rippling guitars from Explosions in the Sky and think 'well maybe its time for some anti-flag!

Similar but a whole lot better;

Have to agree with Paj here. Professional Widow is one of the most fantastic songs I've ever had the fortune to hear.

Nah they're just not recording/touring or anything. I would imagine their next album to come out sometime next year.

Which is hiatus? :P

Hiatus is more of a "split indefinately" isn't it, basically with the chances of reformation quite small? While Incubus are just on a break, and have every intention of making a new album?

I know that basically sounds like the same thing.

Similar but a whole lot better;

PICTURE PERFECT. OH HONEY BRING IT CLOSE TO YOUR LIPS.

I just love that song, and love how the famous remix is completely different to the original song.

Hiatus is more of a "split indefinately" isn't it, basically with the chances of reformation quite small? While Incubus are just on a break, and have every intention of making a new album?

I know that basically sounds like the same thing.

Its pretty confusing but i consider hiatus as a break from being in the band but will one day get back together. Indefinite hiatus is where the band go on a break and wont get back together. Pretty confusing but i think Incubus will be back one day :).

Dont think iv listened to any band in this short space of time as i have with Thrice. Loving all their albums atm. Leeds fest will be epic

Bloc Party's new song Mercury is getting A LOT of mixed reviews.

I Love it! Mercury merr merr mercury!!

We should set up a n-e mixtape exchange

YES!!

... Yes! We should totally. I'm making a thread.

Holy crap, Sebastian Tellier's Sexuality album.

I haven't heard anything quite so beautiful in a long time.

souljaboytellier.jpg

Everyone go get. :smile:

I need a few new bands to get into. I've been recently getting into the Smashing Pumpkins and Joy Division a hell of a lot more. I think Transmission has been my most played song this week.

Could anyone recommend me something similar to these bands? I want to exxpppand.

Interpol, man. All about the interpol.

I'm already into Interpol, you sucka.

You should know this!

probably, yes.

Dare of the Dan, I'm disappointed in you.

Maybe some lesser known bands, but quality bands. Ones that in five years time, I'll still be in love with.

I need a few new bands to get into. I've been recently getting into the Smashing Pumpkins and Joy Division a hell of a lot more. I think Transmission has been my most played song this week.

Could anyone recommend me something similar to these bands? I want to exxpppand.

I'm not the best person for this as I'm not into said bands myself, but my brother seems to have fairly similar tastes. I can't imagine I'll suggest anything you don't already listen to, but going off my brother's playlists you might enjoy Depeche Mode, The Cure, Siouxsie & The Banshees or The Smiths. The fact that even I've heard of all these bands doesn't bode well, though...

I actually came in here to say thanks again for the suggestions of Mogwai and Explosions In The Sky. They make good instrumental backing tracks for when I'm at work, writing, or browsing the 'net, which is pretty much exactly what I was after.

I'm not the best person for this as I'm not into said bands myself, but my brother seems to have fairly similar tastes. I can't imagine I'll suggest anything you don't already listen to, but going off my brother's playlists you might enjoy Depeche Mode, The Cure, Siouxsie & The Banshees or The Smiths. The fact that even I've heard of all these bands doesn't bode well, though...

I actually came in here to say thanks again for the suggestions of Mogwai and Explosions In The Sky. They make good instrumental backing tracks for when I'm at work, writing, or browsing the 'net, which is pretty much exactly what I was after.

I like all those bands, especially The Smiths. I think I may have to listen a bit closer to them, as I'm not overly as familiar with them as I am with other bands. But, good suggestions. Ta. :)

No probs, great bands. Brilliant, infact.

Dare of the Dan, I'm disappointed in you.

Maybe some lesser known bands, but quality bands. Ones that in five years time, I'll still be in love with.

Boris.

I recommend starting with their album Pink.

Boris.

I recommend starting with their album Pink.

I'll check out some of their stuff. What other bands would you compare them to?

Speaking of Explosions, Aimless, I've just put on First Breath After Coma, and its so beautiful. :)