NEurope

Are you thinking of her? :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2503278593_36d535192e_o.jpg

I also love this picture for some reason! really vibrant.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2062/2490120637_b316ecd6be_o.jpg

Not sure why I like them so much. :D I listened to more of the album again today and I feel the weakest song on there is traffic Lights it just doesn't grab me. Though I have grown to love Impacilla Carpisung. :grin:

Yeah thats her :). Mmmmm... :)

Anyone else like/seen Last.Fm beta?

The new features rock? You can erase people off your charts now! (Thank god, bye bye Britney Spears :o )

It's not been fully launched yet though.

You could remove tracks before but it was removed two years ago.

I took Flinky's advice, and downloaded The Bends.

People should take his advice more! :heh:

Oh, and I've just got Searching for the Hows and Why by Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. It's rather good...

Yeeees. The Bends Owns Your Face and Your Mama.

It's a truely great album.

Also, I agree with Waste of Oxygen: Get Cape's first album is the shizzle.

Yeeees. The Bends Owns Your Face and Your Mama.

It's a truely great album.

Also, I agree with Waste of Oxygen: Get Cape's first album is the shizzle.

I only have his cover of D.A.N.C.E by Justice. It's good, but I dunno about a whole album of him. I'll have to check out more of his stuff.

Debate time, Peons.

I reckon that Radiohead are now better than The Beatles.

Discuss.

NB. Anyone who says that either are shit, in any way, shape or form is wrong and can fuck off.

I've never really gotten into Radiohead that much.

I don't think anyone could surpass The Beatles at this stage. They're just a nice every-person band (by and large) and if you put on The Beatles in a room full of a cross section of people most will enjoy it. Couldn't say the same for Radiohead. That may change in say 40 years time when it would have been 80 years since The Beatles were around and most original fans and their kids will be dead/near but I think The Beatles shall, for a long time, remain in the zeitgeist.

Besides. The Beatles are known around the world. I don't think Radiohead has made as much an impact as The Beatles did across the whole world.

(and if you're talking about quality of music, yes Radiohead may be technically better (although how much of that is due to technological advancements...) but come on, its the freakin' Beatles. They're music may be simple but they can get away with it :P)

I dislike the Beatles. Only song I truly like is Penny Lane, I think. That kinda creepy sounding one. Admittedly I haven't delved past the well-known songs (there's loads though), but then who does for artists they don't like?

I vastly prefer Radiohead. I know Beatles isn't trying to be "deep" like Radiohead I suppose is, but I don't enjoy it for just entertainment's sake either.

Dunno, I seem to be in a very small majority.

St.Vincent's album, Marry Me is very good. Apparently there's an older, 70's solo artist called St.Vincent, but I'm talking about the band that debuted last year.

-----

I listened to some Iron Maiden today, just to say I had, and to see If I liked it. I didn't. I prefer Metallica.

I listened to some Iron Maiden today, just to say I had, and to see If I liked it. I didn't. I prefer Metallica.

They're not even in the same level. Iron Maiden are... "ok". Try Fear Of The Dark and The Trooper, they're the best Maiden songs, IMO. And I don't like them all that much.

Machine Head's latest album is one of the best albums iv ever heard never mind metal albums. Awesome x 10

Beatles > Radiohead, just because of pablo, the beatles made every album amazing, radioheads pablo honey and hail to the thief just wouldn't cut it...

Scum by Napalm Death is where it's at for metal.

Nah, the next one... From Enslavement To Obliteration.

Machine Head's latest album is one of the best albums iv ever heard never mind metal albums. Awesome x 10

Don't be silly.

Beatles > Radiohead, just because of pablo, the beatles made every album amazing, radioheads pablo honey and hail to the thief just wouldn't cut it...

Every album before Rubber Soul was rubbish. By that logic, Radiohead is much better. But they aren't, because not even OK Computer and Kid A reach the heights of Sgt. Peppers and Revolver.:)

Hail to the Thief is awesome. 2+2=5, Myxamotosis, There There, The Gloaming...

They're not even in the same level. Iron Maiden are... "ok". Try Fear Of The Dark and The Trooper, they're the best Maiden songs, IMO. And I don't like them all that much.

Personally I prefer Maiden over Metallica. Those two songs are awesome, personally favourites also include Iron Maiden (self titled song) and 2 Minutes to Midnight.

Going to see them at Twickenham tomorrow should be one hell of a gig.

I'll check out those Maiden songs later.

Tricky is coming to the Edinburgh festival next month, but tickets are like 18 quid. Santogold is only 8. I might only go to one.

Tricky might be a more...interesting experience.

Hail to the Thief is awesome. 2+2=5, Myxamotosis, There There, The Gloaming...

Take away 'The Gloaming' and add 'Go to Sleep', 'Where I End and You Begin', 'A Punchup at a Wedding' and 'A Wolf at the Door'.

Hail to the Thief is a great album, I almost feel guilty for ignoring it for so long.

Tricky might be a more...interesting experience.

Most definitely. Tricky is the wise choice.

Not that Santogold isn't good, she is, but... Tricky is Tricky, man. :heh:

Take away 'The Gloaming' and add 'Go to Sleep', 'Where I End and You Begin', 'A Punchup at a Wedding' and 'A Wolf at the Door'.

Hail to the Thief is a great album, I almost feel guilty for ignoring it for so long.

Same here.

And I never fully appreciated The Gloaming until seeing it live. Same with Like Spinning Plates.

Most definitely. Tricky is the wise choice.

Not that Santogold isn't good, she is, but... Tricky is Tricky, man. :heh:

I know. I listened to Pre-Millenial Tension on a loop at various times today. I need his other albums, too!

Is his new one out yet? Anyone know?

Thing is, I don't think my friends will cough up money to someone they don't know :indeed: . Even though his stuff's amazing. :bowdown:

-----

I find that the Sugarcubes material deteriorated the more albums you check out. Mainly due to that Eimar (sp?) guy interrupting Bjork with random crap.

The Gloaming is incredible. seeing it live on sunday was a revelation: I really felt that it was a song written for performance as it gained so much on the stage.