NEurope

Completely mental music video

sigh

Is that not an awesome music video? I was just searching youtube and had no idea there was a video for it. My mate wants to go into the local forest and do that lol. I love this band!

It's not completely mental and its not an awesome video.

Your mate sounds crazy btw...

From the sounds of it I'll have to manually split some songs when I get Viva La Vida or Death and His Friends as three of the tracks contain two songs. I don't really get why they've done that.

Or you know, just listen to it as they intended.

I will be. Just that instead of a few seconds pause it'll change to the next track. So I'll be able to listen to the album normally plus I can just listen to individual songs.

How do you know its a two second pause? Most likely it will be continuous.

I have to listen to albums in order, lest there is a bridge between two songs.

Like the bridge note between 5 Years and Immature on Homogenic makes both the songs so much more special to me.

------------

I'm on a Rid Of Me binge. I just can't stop listening to it. In my opinion PJ Harvey's best work.

Interestingly, I love every track apart from Highway '61 Revisited (which is a cover of Bruce Springsteen IIRC) and 50 ft. Queenie (which was released as a single).

Best plan is to just not listen to Coldplay.

That's very true. I remember them saying, "We've done the best album we can, there's no point trying to best it." Yet here they are...still going...still making ears bleed.

I'm on a Rid Of Me binge. I just can't stop listening to it. In my opinion PJ Harvey's best work.

Interestingly, I love every track apart from Highway '61 Revisited (which is a cover of Bruce Springsteen IIRC) and 50 ft. Queenie (which was released as a single).

That's the album that took me the longest to get into, not my favourite. In fact if I had to pick at worst it'd be that album, although I do love some songs from it...such as the title track and Dry.

Her first album, Dry is one of my favourites as is Uh Huh Her and...well all the of them. Brilliant lady. I want to marry her...or better yet record a song together.

That's the album that took me the longest to get into, not my favourite. In fact if I had to pick at worst it'd be that album, although I do love some songs from it...such as the title track and Dry.

Her first album, Dry is one of my favourites as is Uh Huh Her and...well all the of them. Brilliant lady. I want to marry her...or better yet record a song together.

I don't like Uh Huh Her as much, and I haven't properly listened to Dry yet. I like Sheela-Na-Gig though.

Yeah, I'd love to work with her aswell. The originality of White Chalk cements her status in my mind as one of the best female musicians alive .

Have you ever actually tried looking at any of his Cubist or Surrealist period works whilst attempting to interpret them as a cultural and politicall manifesto? Or were you just looking at them for visual gusto? Because art isn't about being pretty or sounding nice and pleasent, it's about having something to say and getting that across to the viewer/listener/reader. Now, I'm not attempting to insult you, as I altogether believe we're on the same boat and all, but maybe you just haven't lost enough time looking at things from a contextual point of view. :blank:

yes I did, i studied art history in high school for more than 2 years, and modern contemporary art in college for 1. I know why he did it, especially the history behind Guernica. Don't assume you are better by believing that most of us no nothing except video games.

And BTW you probably didn't read my whole post, as I said that alot of people were afraid to say it looks shit, just like most of the music scene now.

yes I did, i studied art history in high school for more than 2 years, and modern contemporary art in college for 1. I know why he did it, especially the history behind Guernica. Don't assume you are better by believing that most of us no nothing except video games.

And BTW you probably didn't read my whole post, as I said that alot of people were afraid to say it looks shit, just like most of the music scene now.

Didn't pretty much everyone think impressionism was shit at the time?

No one is afraid to say Bjork is shit - however, they should be, because I will always think of them as a lesser person.

Didn't pretty much everyone think impressionism was shit at the time?

No one is afraid to say Bjork is shit - however, they should be, because I will always think of them as a lesser person.

Bjork is shit

Saw it coming. As for coldplay...i like the new stuff, but too little too late really

DomJcg, you were one of the only people who knew what skub was. That earned you a lot of respect.

So please explain.

DomJcg, you were one of the only people who knew what skub was. That earned you a lot of respect.

So please explain.

I responded to his statement, it's like saying don't eat the cookie, course i will.

=]

p.s. declare independence is her best song IMO

Speaking of bjork, what are those kooky drum/lighty thingys she has?

Bjork is shit

Saw it coming. As for coldplay...i like the new stuff, but too little too late really

This post is injustice in written form.

A middling like for Coldplay mixed with a claim to hate Bjork.

This kinda thing should get people thrown in jail.

God, i expected some flaming, but read my cookie post please =]

DRUMS PEOPLE WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS! they were all nice and green and pink and stuff,

I don't find anything wrong with either Bjork or Coldplay.

Actually I did read your whole post and even told you not to take me wrong (as I believed we were on the same boat), but apparently you're the one who didn't read my whole post. I was just saying that maybe you needed to study it again. And now you've just charged yourself with the task of explaining me why it sucks. :) Because if you did study it, surely you have some reasons no to like it.