NEurope

I'm loving "I'm Not Dead" by Pink and "Cross" by Justice. I've been listening to them both all day.

You better have listened to the 2 P!nk albums previous to that. They're abosulutely amazing compared to I'm Not Dead.

I loved Justice live, but the tracks I have just sound empty when compared...one day i'll get the album.

You better have listened to the 2 P!nk albums previous to that. They're abosulutely amazing compared to I'm Not Dead.

I loved Justice live, but the tracks I have just sound empty when compared...one day i'll get the album.

I'm Not Dead is P!nk's best album, IMO.

And yeah, Justice is way better live.

---------

Tegan and Sara are playing in Glasgow again in June. I might need to see them again.

I went to see La Xula once, and the bass was so much that I felt sick :D

I saw Sunn0))) in december - now that is taking noise to a whole new level!

I've got Missundaztood and I'm Not Dead. I'm not sure which I prefer if I'm honest. They both have their great tracks though Missundaztood had better singles. I didn't paticularly like "Stupid Girls" which turned me off the album when it first came out, but I thought I'd give it a try after hearing "U + Ur Hand" and I'm glad I did.

"Don't Let Me Get Me" is such a great self hate anthem, and I love "Respect".

Edit: I just found "Try This" in my CD collection. How strange, I've never listened to it bar "Trouble". Is it worth giving it a try? I know it got some pretty average reviews.

I'm Not Dead is P!nk's best album, IMO.

Please tell me you did not say that.

It's like plain wrong to think that. There are a few good songs on it, but there are better versions of the same style on Missundaztood or Try This.

Every track on Missundaztood is worth listening too. They all stand up.

The same is true on Try This, with the songs being less angsty, and more upfront.

I'm Not Dead is a bit of a mish-mash of ok songs with mediocre ones. Theres 4 songs on it that truly stand up to her previous standards.

Wait...do you even have any other P!nk albums?

----

I hate talking about artists I haven't listened to in ages/i'm over.

... Comparing Pink albums to work out which is best is like standing in a field trying to decide which cow pat looks tastiest... Not impossible to decide, but ultimately you're talking about shit.

Fuck RAC make so many good remixes...

Does anyone else find their primary method of finding new bands is through remixes?

Indeed, it's really starting to grow on me, I particularly love the drums and keyboards in language city and especially the second half of kissing the beehive.

Heh, actually it took me several months to get into the band in the first place so I should definitely give it more time.

I think what I miss the most are the vocals from the original album which are more prominent in "Bang Your Drum"

Yeah, the vocals were definitely a big part of the first album. There was a certain madness and desperation to them that was brilliant. Have you listened ever to Frog Eyes or Sunset rubdown? The other projects that Spencer Krug is involved in (the guy with the more mad, high pitched voice in Wolf Parade in case you don't know). Check out some of their stuff, it's a lot more surreal and crazy:

- Frog Eyes

- Sunset Rubdown

Definitely get the album 'Random Spirit Lover' by Sunset Rubdown, it's brilliant.

... Comparing Pink albums to work out which is best is like standing in a field trying to decide which cow pat looks tastiest... Not impossible to decide, but ultimately you're talking about shit.

Haha nice one Jay. So so true.

been listening to alot of stone roses today and some fugazi - great band.

Both awesome bands. I wanna be Adored is up there with the best opening tracks to an album.

Both awesome bands. I wanna be Adored is up there with the best opening tracks to an album.

yeh definately, shame that they got done over by their record label.

You know whats awesome? Slaughter of The Soul by At The Gates. Epic riffage.

Turns out, Rufus Wainwright is nice music at 1am. Haven't listened to his stuff in ages.

Zimmers Hole, check 'em out. Byron Stroud, Gene Hoglan, Jed Simon (all formerly of SYL) and The Heathen on vocals. Devin Townsend produced it too, its just awesome. Nathan Explosion does guest vocals on a song too.

Been listening to Pendulum's new album - very good :)

Same, it is! I didn't really think I'd like Pendulam until a few months ago when a mate played me their other album. Blood Sugar= Win. I shall definitely buy it when it comes out.

Ok, this seems to be the proper place for it.

Who originally sung 'feeling good'?

Ok,

I tried ituning anthony and so forth but no such luck :(