NEurope

Wah, my last.fm has recently been invaded by Japanese music... :eek:

I try using Radiohead to counteract, but I end up fighting on both sides of the war! :shakehead

I'll probably get abuse for this but I just got myself the new Get Cape Wear Cape Fly album and am about to give it a listen. It's up on iTunes for anybody interested.

I love GCWCF.

I liked sam's first outing, but his second, ehh i think he's trying a tad too hard to be the same the second time round, so i'm not really sure if i like it to be honest.

I was just going through some PJ Harvey videos on Youtube, and I was watching this.

I never before realised how good she is.

I mean, that's a fucking awesome performance, and she doesn't even have a band to back her up.

Been listening to Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos for god knows how long. Absolutely fantastic, probably one of my favourite songs by any artist. I particularly love the left hand piano around the bridge, for me it's perfect.

Chairdriver's musical Hall of Fame

ABBA

Antony & The Johnsons

Bat For Lashes

Bjork

Camille

Cat Power

Eva Cassidy

Joan As Police Woman

Joanna Newsom

Kate Bush

PJ Harvey

Portishead

Regina Spektor

Róisín Murphy

Siouxsie & The Banshees

Basically those are the people I'll get angry if you say they are bad.

I liked sam's first outing, but his second, ehh i think he's trying a tad too hard to be the same the second time round, so i'm not really sure if i like it to be honest.

I've never heard the new album, I'm only familiar with The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager, so...

Chairdriver's musical Hall of Fame

ABBA

Antony & The Johnsons

Bat For Lashes

Bjork

Camille

Cat Power

Eva Cassidy

Joan As Police Woman

Joanna Newsom

Kate Bush

PJ Harvey

Portishead

Regina Spektor

Róisín Murphy

Siouxsie & The Banshees

Basically those are the people I'll get angry if you say they are bad.

My taste in music seems to be quite different from most of the people that visit this thread/forum.

My taste in music seems to be quite different from most of the people that visit this thread/forum.

What do you like Demuwan? :D

Been listening to Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos for god knows how long. Absolutely fantastic, probably one of my favourite songs by any artist. I particularly love the left hand piano around the bridge, for me it's perfect.

Though it's lost it's shine due to overplaying etc, it's indeed an amazing song.

I was literally addicted to Tori for about 6 months (see my last.fm), but now I've finally freed myself. She's still one of my favourite artists, but Bjork pips her to the post, and PJ Harvey is just behind her.

That aid, those are just solo females...I never really tend to compare different type of act. Placebo is pretty high up, as is Garbage and Goldfrapp.

I have to say, I've recently got into people who I always sort of knew were good, but it felt cliche to listen to, like David Bowie. How wrong I was. Love The Rise...From Mars! Ramones, too are good, but his voice grates after a while, as he actually can't sing.

Listen to some Patti Smith.

You will like Patti Smith.

'Horses' is her best LP. Oh yeah.

And if you haven't heard The Fall then you haven't heard music.

I've never heard the new album, I'm only familiar with The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager, so...

Searching for the Hows and Whys came out recently, I downloaded it last night. Seems pretty good so far, but I've only listened to the first half of it.

What do you like Demuwan? :D

A lot of everything really. (that helps:heh: ) Tbh I listen to whatever takes my mood and Im pretty open minded about different

music so feel free to request stuff.

Mainly these days Jazz,Smooth Jazz, Acid Jazz expecially, Sade,Jamiroquai,Nujabes,Tribe called Quest, Massive Attack etc.

I like Reggae also and Ska (Matisyahu, Bob Marley, Damien Marley etc.)

I also like Hip-Hop a lot but not you're mainstream stuff.(Akon,Tpain, Souija Boy:shakehead ) But people like K-os, Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, Common,Nas etc. Also like some UK stuff Kano,Sway,Wiley.

I like also Rock not so much Indie a bit of Metal also (Alexisonfire,Enter Shikari,Bloc Party, Muse, Hard-fi, RATM, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay a bit:heh:

Also like instrumental rock and anything with a good beat as I love playing the drums.

I like (Sean Penn, Jose Gonazales, Stevie Wonder, Micheal Jackson *who doesn't*)

Also listen to Soul, RnB, Funk like Erkah Badu,James Brown Chaka Khan, Living Colour.

Sometimes I listen to Classical to calm down, or relax or if Im working.

Oh Yeh I also got quite into Garage and Dance in the 90's *dunno why* so like that even though don't really listen to it that regularly.

Theres probably other stuff I just can't remember right now:heh:

What about you? Whats your musical taste?

Anyone heard of Fandangle?

What you do in your spare time is not of our concern.

Listen to some Patti Smith.

You will like Patti Smith.

'Horses' is her best LP. Oh yeah.

And if you haven't heard The Fall then you haven't heard music.

Yeah, Horses is the next (old) album I need to buy, after Hounds Of Love by Kate Bush.

I've only heard good things about Patti Smith, so I'm looking forward to hearing her.

Anyone heard of Fandangle?

yea my mates band is supporting them in tjs newport (called estevez)

dont like that sort of music really

Anyone heard of Los Campesinos! I feel I should pimp them a bit, although they're getting quite big now anyway. But the lead singer is a member of another forum I belong to and has spent the last couple of years posting updates about the bands progress, pretty interesting stuff.

Myspacelinkage

Listening to Special D - Come With Me.

Inside of me, there's a tiny tiny chav, thet just wants to be loved. Thankfull many years of private schooling and good music has crushed him into almost nothing.

I love "Everywhere" by Michelle Branch (New album out this year, woo). I love it when a song describes exactly how I feel. It makes me feel better in a way, not sure why.

(Opening Verse)

"And when I wake you're, you're never there

But when I sleep you're, you're everywhere

You're everywhere"

(Last Line)

"You're in everyone I see. So tell me...do you see me?"

^^ It's better when a non-cliched lyric relates to you.

----

Listening to Hercules & Love Affair's ST album.

Love it.