NEurope

Malcolm Middleton was a damn near perfect gig. Absolutely fantastic. But now I have a dilemma. On Tuesday do I go see Gogol Bordello or Múm. Probably should go to Gogol seeing as it's closer and I have an interview the next morning.

My brother's bought the In Rainbows boxset. It had 2 CD's, a lyrics book, an art book, and In Rainbows on vinyl. It's pretty good. :smile:

Malcolm Middleton was a damn near perfect gig. Absolutely fantastic. But now I have a dilemma. On Tuesday do I go see Gogol Bordello or Múm. Probably should go to Gogol seeing as it's closer and I have an interview the next morning.

I've only heard one song from Múm I think but I can tell from that song that they're probably very good and worth going to. =D

Never heard of the other group though...

My brother's bought the In Rainbows boxset. It had 2 CD's, a lyrics book, an art book, and In Rainbows on vinyl. It's pretty good. :smile:

better yet, the whole of RH's music on a memory stick for 70 pounds, worth it? hmm, its debatable

I ordered the Radiohead in Rainbows discbox but still haven't got.

Really, really couldn't care at all for the Radiohead back catalog boxset.

who here likes bloc party?

ive been listening to their music alot recently :D

I like them.

Flux is a brilliant track although I'd rather not see them focus entirely oon creating music of that style.

I like them.

Flux is a brilliant track although I'd rather not see them focus entirely oon creating music of that style.

i canny remember the names of the tracks.. i just know the tunes

but gregs had the newer album constantly on the cd player in the car and ive started to listen to them via my ipod

its all good :D

Me MBAM! : peace:

I been a fan of them since hearing the first song which is "banquet" by them. :)

Been listening to Vertical Horizon all day, both Everything You Want and Go. I really would have thought i'd get bored of the acoustic rock sound, but I can't get enough of it at the moment.

Good band, worth a listen.

Dilemma:

I really want To Venus And Back and Strange Little Girls by Tori Amos, though i'd have to order them to get them on CD (Not stocked here/too expensive).

I could however, download them off iTunes (I want to pay...) for my upcoming Holiday in like 2 days, where i'm away for a month.

Should I DL them? I prefer having them on Cd, even though I only ever listen to MP3. It's just a collecting thing really.

Dilemma:

I really want To Venus And Back and Strange Little Girls by Tori Amos, though i'd have to order them to get them on CD (Not stocked here/too expensive).

I could however, download them off iTunes (I want to pay...) for my upcoming Holiday in like 2 days, where i'm away for a month.

Should I DL them? I prefer having them on Cd, even though I only ever listen to MP3. It's just a collecting thing really.

I tend to download (for free) themn buy the CD/Vinyl. It's the best way IMO as not only do I get the music as soon as I want but the artsist/label tends to get their money eventually.

I been following Bloc Party for quite some time now, was listening to some of their stuff before silent alarm was released in 2005. In fact I remember buying banquet, little thoughts and Helicopter in 2004 when they just released them as singles! I still have them too :bowdown:

Going to their gig on friday at alexandra palace (bad venue but meh I will go there for Bloc Party) This will be the 7th time I have seen them : peace:

Ok so maybe im a bit obsessed or something but they are such a great band live. I LOVE THEM! Im even a member of marshalls (their fanclub) and got tickets to the secret fans gig in Brighton which was awesome in such a tiny place!

Going to their gig on friday at alexandra palace (bad venue but meh I will go there for Bloc Party) This will be the 7th time I have seen them : peace:

Haha, im going on sat.

I hate alexandra palace, its horrible to get to and from, and pretty crap inside.

I advise you get there early and near the front for foals who are fucking epic live.

Haha, im going on sat.

I hate alexandra palace, its horrible to get to and from, and pretty crap inside.

I advise you get there early and near the front for foals who are fucking epic live.

Yeah I have been there a couple times, it always reminds me of an old school hall. I don't know why bands like playing there.....

Im gonna drive there this time as last time I went was a nightmare getting home, getting the bus down the hill to the tube etc gah fuck that again, im gonna drive, plus I have a wedding the next day so good idea I don't get too wrecked! :)

When people finally wake-up I would appreciate some feedback on these - I made them myself:

l_63511c85bc4119650f5d49055f0dc26d.gif

1 . He's a Liar - Needs bass but I don't have one handy. 'Tis nice and fast.

2. And We Hope - Another fast one. Only finished mixing it about an hour ago.

3. An Elegy - Finished this yesterday. Slow, and some might say; "depressing". About drug addiction.

4. The Wolf Another nice fast one. Finished this about 2 hours ago, will touch up verse vocals tomorrow.

5. Pick Me Up - One of my personal favourites.

If they don't load, right click and save as, sometimes it plays up.

If you want to download the rest of the new demo (as it currently stands) simply go to http://www.evaliaband.tk You can download the first demo album there as well.

Fanx and all that.

When people finally wake-up I would appreciate some feedback on these - I made them myself:

l_63511c85bc4119650f5d49055f0dc26d.gif

1 . He's a Liar - Needs bass but I don't have one handy. 'Tis nice and fast.

2. And We Hope - Another fast one. Only finished mixing it about an hour ago.

3. An Elegy - Finished this yesterday. Slow, and some might say; "depressing". About drug addiction.

4. The Wolf Another nice fast one. Finished this about 2 hours ago, will touch up verse vocals tomorrow.

5. Pick Me Up - One of my personal favourites.

If they don't load, right click and save as, sometimes it plays up.

If you want to download the rest of the new demo (as it currently stands) simply go to http://www.evaliaband.tk You can download the first demo album there as well.

Fanx and all that.

I listened to all of them once and am listening to them again. Don't know yet which one I like most, but I prefer the faster ones it seems. The slow one is a bit -too- slow to my tastes.

I really like 'And We Hope', cause it's nice and fast and it's easy to recognize and possibly sing along with (always a good thing in songs, in my opinion). I like the songs, and think they will definitely grow on you when listening to them more than once.

Also, they kind of remind me of Placebo, but I'm not sure why.

'Tis probably my voice ;) Has a mild Molko twang. Thanks a lot for listening. :D

'Tis probably my voice ;) Has a mild Molko twang. Thanks a lot for listening. :D

Heh yeah, it probably is your voice, plus the style/feel of the music kinda feels the same too.

And you're welcome! I enjoyed listening to them. =D

Just bought Britney's new album...

I have mixed feelings about it, but I think I'm getting into it slowly...

I thought that Evalia had a Placebo feel too.

Somme you're the singer?

Yeah and play most of the guitar and arrange the drums.