NEurope

I don't like Muse, seriously, the only thing that could match their soporific effect is a hammer to the face, and no, in this instance, that isn't a good thing.

I like Muse, but I dont know if they are my favourite British band. My favourite british band are probably The Cure or Radiohead but probably The Cure.

I love the drums in the song. So much.

I just generally love Tegan and Sara.

Not that big a fan of Nineteen. Other than the line "I felt you in my legs before I ever met you".

Just heard them covering Dancing in the Dark. Not bad. Makes me want to listen to Pete Yorn's version, wonder if its on youtube.

And as far as British bands, ones I like (but am not claiming to be the bestest ever or anything before anyone gets their panties in a twist); McFly, The Twang, The Enemy, The Beatles...and I know theres more but I can't be bothered to find my ipod.

Personally I class Muse as the best British band.

Who's with me?

Best live act certainly :smile:

Radiohead are by far my favourite British act (unless I can include Pink Floyd, in which case it's a narrower margin). Just out of intrest Bard, do you have a favourite song from In rainbows?

I don't like Muse, seriously, the only thing that could match their soporific effect is a hammer to the face, and no, in this instance, that isn't a good thing.

Yeah, the part when they're playing and there´s no singing i usually go: "Hey this is ok"

And then the singing part starts and i go temporarily deaf because of horrible moaning

Electrelane, Pre, Chrome Hoof, The Fall, Von Sudenfed (to a certain extent), Nik Void, Battles, Throbbing Gristle, Camera Obscura just a few of the British acts better than Radiohead, and therefore worthy of being cared about.

The only one you named that's actually any close to Radiohead's brilliant career is Battle, and they're not even British...

They're alright.

I bought "Boys For Pele" and "From The Choirgirl Hotel" by Tori Amos today.

Love them both. I'm on a craze for Tori Amos.

I just ordered Cary Brothers album, had to import though. I've noticed the Uk doesn't get alot of good stuff from the US.

Man. I fucking love Porcupine Tree. Anyone with me on that?

They're okay. Seen em live a while ago (last minute thing, replacing my friend's ticket). I was about half the age of everyone else there though.

They're okay. Seen em live a while ago (last minute thing, replacing my friend's ticket). I was about half the age of everyone else there though.

Great great band, not particularly energetic though, so it might be hard to get into if you heard them for the first time at a live show. I can't stop listening to "Lazarus." I need to get their back catalogue, only got about 10 songs, but they're all fantastic.

Man. I fucking love Porcupine Tree. Anyone with me on that?

Steve Wilson is a God. I love the man.

Have every single cd by them starting with The Sky Moves Sideways.

In Absentia is their greatest work, as far as I'm concerned...

Can't believe nobody mentioned the Arctic Monkeys to be contestors for the title. Sure, they are nowhere near as artistic as Radiohead (and probably hated just for being popular), but their powerful catchy tunes make them one of my favourite British listens.

Im really loving Air today. Great background music. Had it on while ironing earlier. I also want to use it in a scene I'm writing, just trying to decide which song. Thinking maybe Run. Want to use Alpha Beta Gang in another scene, but the particular one I am writing at present is a downtrotten one.

Can't believe nobody mentioned the Arctic Monkeys to be contestors for the title. Sure, they are nowhere near as artistic as Radiohead (and probably hated just for being popular), but their powerful catchy tunes make them one of my favourite British listens.

I have to agree, the Arctic Monkeys are just... awesome.

The View and also great. Some others:

The Enemy

The Fratellis

The Rumble Strips

Blur

Gorrilaz

The Good, The Bad and The Queen (You can tell I'm a Damon Albarn fan...)

Also, does anyone remember Sandi Thom? I'm glad she's been forgotten about... (I think)

Im really loving Air today. Great background music. Had it on while ironing earlier. I also want to use it in a scene I'm writing, just trying to decide which song. Thinking maybe Run. Want to use Alpha Beta Gang in another scene, but the particular one I am writing at present is a downtrotten one.

Air are really good. I haven't heard much, but most of the stuff is so tranquil and atmospheric. Love em.

Also: Arctic Monkeys suck fat, hairy, man balls.

My guitar teacher taught Sandi Thom to play the guitar.

And that's as close to fame as you'll ever get.

Air are really good. I haven't heard much, but most of the stuff is so tranquil and atmospheric. Love em.

Also: Arctic Monkeys suck fat, hairy, man balls.

*sigh*

i agree with you, a couple good songs yes (perhaps vampires abit strong of a word, i bet that you look good on the dancefloor, Brianstorm, fluresent lights) but the rest of the time they are crappy, ryhming annoying voices

Sadly your wrong :(

They are pretty shitty, and cant be compared to radiohead on any level except they they are both british bands. thats where it stops.