NEurope

I finally bought "In Rainbows." It makes me happy. Some beautifully simple guitar genius going on. I wish there was another British band half as worth listening to.

Personally I find Radiohead a bit boring. Might download In Rainbows though since its so cheap.

Personally I find Radiohead a bit boring. Might download In Rainbows though since its so cheap.

Nah, they're not outrospective or poppy, so you might find it boring at first. you have to listen to right way to "get" them. Gee...that didn't sounds pretentious at all.

I bought Freemason's "Univited" (just beacause I've always loved the song, and this dance cover is cool), Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love", great ballad-y song, and it's so funny clearing all their stock. Obviously no.1.

And I bought a Ltd Edition Picture Disc '45 of "Let Me Know" by Roisin Murphy

It is quite powerful, is Jeff's version. As well as the version used in an episode of Scrubs (Series 1, Episode 4: My Old Lady), but I prefer Jeff's because Guitar owns Piano in my humble opinion.

That nearly had me in tears (the episode).

Love the song, fantastic.

That nearly had me in tears (the episode).

Love the song, fantastic.

It's not so much the intrument as the way it's played. The song's fairly easy to play but the feeling Jeff has when doing it is awe inspiring.

Grunge is so awesome, I've discovered Soundgarden's Superunknown album last week and it's freaking great.

That is a great album, you should get Badmotorfinger too which is also a great album. Other great "grunge" bands are Pearl Jam, Pixies, Sonic Youth, Smashing Pumpkins and ofcourse Nirvana. If your looking to get into Pearl Jam try albums ten and vs, sonic youth - daydream nation and pixies doolittle and surfer rosa. My fave pumpkins album is probably gish their first album which is fuckin ace.

cant say ive heard of em.

Well, if you like metal, then it's like saying you've never heard of Chuck Norris.

Whitechapel fact no.1

Whitechapel don't use dischords because they don't know what to do, they use them because they want to hurt you.

:heh:.

I finally bought "In Rainbows." It makes me happy. Some beautifully simple guitar genius going on. I wish there was another British band half as worth listening to.

yeah. I can't actually think of another British act I actually give two shits about. There's the odd album like Jamie T that I like but other than that, Indie and bands in general have gone to shit last few years.

I need to buy the entire Tori Amos back catalogue. I have American Doll Posse, but it's been slammed by the critics, and understandably so. Just forgettable, and drags on.

yeah. I can't actually think of another British act I actually give two shits about. There's the odd album like Jamie T that I like but other than that, Indie and bands in general have gone to shit last few years.

British acts I like:

PJ Harvey

Muse

Radiohead (10 years ago)

Er ... that's it.

Jamie T is teh worst pile of crap ever, a few years ago i saw him live with an acoustic bass and no band, it was win, no he has a band and is shit.

There are loads of good English acts atm.

Electrelane, Pre, Chrome Hoof, The Fall, Von Sudenfed (to a certain extent), Nik Void, Battles, Throbbing Gristle, Camera Obscura just a few of the British acts better than Radiohead, and therefore worthy of being cared about.

I've got all of Kanye's stuff now, so i noticed.

Why is Graduation so much different? Missing out the funny little skit bits, and no 21 track album.

Ahh i love all his albums. My fav tracks from the first two are Jesus Walks, Never let me down, ALL falls downs, Hey Mamma, Drive slow and touch the sky. God the sheer variety there is in that list is crazy.

Ashmat, i can see you liking Drive Slow from Late Registration actually. its awesome.

Bat For Lashes is awesome. She's British. Prefer to Radiohead.

Siouxsie Sioux too.

Ahh i love all his albums. My fav tracks from the first two are Jesus Walks, Never let me down, ALL falls downs, Hey Mamma, Drive slow and touch the sky. God the sheer variety there is in that list is crazy.

Ashmat, i can see you liking Drive Slow from Late Registration actually. its awesome.

Touch the sky, jesus walks, all falls down, touch the sky, gold digger.

It's those i keep replaying, i do try to leave the album running though.

Touch the sky, jesus walks, all falls down, touch the sky, gold digger.

It's those i keep replaying, i do try to leave the album running though.

They are the only songs that I like from him.

I've totally gotten into Farjill lately. The music is kinda like electronic noise, but with melody and a bit of structure.

Check them (him?/her?) out.

Electrelane, Pre, Chrome Hoof, The Fall, Von Sudenfed (to a certain extent), Nik Void, Battles, Throbbing Gristle, Camera Obscura just a few of the British acts better than Radiohead, and therefore worthy of being cared about.

Battles are from New York.

zing!

They can still be classed as British though, due to containing a few British members, unless I'm wrong on that point. But they're the least great of all the bands that I mentioned anyway.