NEurope

Despite that they sound like every other Indie band that have come along since/due to the success of the Arctic Monkeys?

Sounding alike can be good. Its nice to feel comfortable with music. Its not like he said "They're the most original band EVAR!" or anything. Not every band you like has to be because they are original and fresh and interesting. They can just be nice no-nonsense music.

Sounding alike can be good. Its nice to feel comfortable with music. Its not like he said "They're the most original band EVAR!" or anything. Not every band you like has to be because they are original and fresh and interesting. They can just be nice no-nonsense music.

I like variety. My music collection is evident of that. But it annoys me when a new band comes along and they sound the same as every other new band in the last year.

Mind you, if said band does well. Then their second album won't sound like anyone else but themselves.

I like variety. My music collection is evident of that. But it annoys me when a new band comes along and they sound the same as every other new band in the last year.

Mind you, if said band does well. Then their second album won't sound like anyone else but themselves.

I like variety too, but I don't have just one indie band and one rock band and one rap band. Having a variety of varieties makes for mood theming easier (such as when im in a British Indie mood I put on Enemy, Pigeon Detectives, Twang etc)

I like variety too, but I don't have just one indie band and one rock band and one rap band. Having a variety of varieties makes for mood theming easier (such as when im in a British Indie mood I put on Enemy, Pigeon Detectives, Twang etc)

The only way a band can sound different is their lead singer, but many of them have their own sounds and styles of playing music that are distinct from other bands. Bands like Editors, The Twang, The Enemy, The Futureheads and Bloc Party are examples. Pigeon Detectives just sound like everyone else to me.

The only way a band can sound different is their lead singer, but many of them have their own sounds and styles of playing music that are distinct from other bands. Bands like Editors, The Twang, The Enemy, The Futureheads and Bloc Party are examples. Pigeon Detectives just sound like everyone else to me.

Each to their own then.

Personally I look at (is look even the right verb here?) the song itself. I only really listen for voices when its a cover. I fail in life when it comes to accent and dictation and stuff that I don't really think about it. I dunno if im even talking sense anymore so im giving up.

I don't care what anyone says, Runrig are AWESOME. Nothing prepares you for a night out like singing along to Loch Lomond with the volume way up.

The only way a band can sound different is their lead singer

I call that sentence a complete crock of misinformed shite.

Seconded. Especially as most of the popular bands these days seem happy to rehash the exact same vocal style over and over.

OW's opinion on music is my own, ergo, he is always right.

*a tumbleweed blows through the room*

*a tumbleweed blows through the room*

Yay. Let's all speak in cliche's for lack of any imagination.

Yay. Let's all speak in cliche's for lack of any imagination.

I couldn't think of a suitable example to describe the effect.

You hold youself too highly. Especially in music, where it's mostly/is subjective.

Test; What's your honest opinion on Gwen Stefani? (Music-wise)

Excuse me Villian, but how are The Editors in anyway original, they're just ripping off Interpol and Joy Division. They're nothing but mass-market drivel of the highest degree. Same goes for The Pigeon Detectives, The Enemy, The View, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc ,etc ,etc ,etc, etc. All trying to lump in their "we work 9 to 5 but we get nout" attitude that they think is so original, but has actually been going for years. Hell, even Oasis did a better version of it. They're all talentless morons who've learnt a few chords, got a bit of cash and think that they're gods of music, there's no innovation whatsoever.

Drivel, just drivel.

You have to be fucking kidding. Nightwish. Speed? They're not even metal for fucks sake. Don't insult the likes of Megadeth/ Slayer/ Tallica/ Kreator by lumping them in the same category as that banal shite.

i never said they actually were power/speed metal, i said they are the result of such music genre hence being called "symphonic power metal" but they do actually fall within the same larger group of power metal. just because they an extra instrument or vocals doesnt really change they whole genre now does it?

edit, im am actually fully basing my argument on their older materials by the way from "wish i had an angel" and "dead to the world"

i never said they actually were power/speed metal, i said they are the result of such music genre hence being called "symphonic power metal" but they do actually fall within the same larger group of power metal. just because they an extra instrument or vocals doesnt really change they whole genre now does it?

edit, im am actually fully basing my argument on their older materials by the way from "wish i had an angel" and "dead to the world"

In other words, you're basing your agument on their least-speed/thrash stuff?

That just doesn't make any sense.

Oh, and I, for one, do think it's important to keep things separate, music-genre-wise. I do not want people to think I like nightwish when I say I'm a speed metal fan. At all.

12 Stones? Ok, that says it all right there.

Test; What's your honest opinion on Gwen Stefani? (Music-wise)

Gwen Stefani? Not heard much, but what I have heard is pretty god awful.

As for myself, I like music you see, not some talentless, marginally attractive pop whore. But then again, I've never liked Ska anyway.

I'm loving Cobra Starship!

They're awesome!

And one of their videos is somewhat Boosh-like, which is cool. :smile:

Yeah! damn right.

Also, the Pigeon Detectives album was bland and repetetive, really boring for me. And they sound like generic indie Arctic Monkeys-esque band.

Seconded. Especially as most of the popular bands these days seem happy to rehash the exact same vocal style over and over.

Excuse me Villian, but how are The Editors in anyway original, they're just ripping off Interpol and Joy Division. They're nothing but mass-market drivel of the highest degree. Same goes for The Pigeon Detectives, The Enemy, The View, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc ,etc ,etc ,etc, etc. All trying to lump in their "we work 9 to 5 but we get nout" attitude that they think is so original, but has actually been going for years. Hell, even Oasis did a better version of it. They're all talentless morons who've learnt a few chords, got a bit of cash and think that they're gods of music, there's no innovation whatsoever.

Drivel, just drivel.

Well, excuuuuuuuuusseeeee me Princess'. For having a fucking opinion that seems to differ only slightly to your own.

I'm not going to even bother explaining what I said to these three udders. If they had sense they'd figure it out for themselves...

So you're not going to bother telling us that we're right? Ok. Cool.

And my opinion's differ wildly from yours friend, apart from on the subject of football teams.

So you're not going to bother telling us that we're right? Ok. Cool.

And my opinion's differ wildly from yours friend, apart from on the subject of football teams.

You're not right, though.

Besides, now that I've actually bothered to read what you said; what the bloody hell? That was not what I was on about!

They're nothing but mass-market drivel of the highest degree. Same goes for The Pigeon Detectives, The Enemy, The View, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc ,etc ,etc ,etc, etc. All trying to lump in their "we work 9 to 5 but we get nout" attitude that they think is so original, but has actually been going for years.

I don't think that Editors do sing about "we work 9 to 5 but we get nothing out of it". I've got their albums, so I'd know. Although the other bands that you mentioned do that.

The Bard and Munky shouldn't bother responding, because I know what they're like...