NEurope

the label will just either give them some Snow Patrol-style track (ala Take That) or some synth-heavy, innuendo filled Xenomenia/R&B sort of thing.

Either way it's not going to suit them and they'll fade away after another couple of singles.

Okay, Nightwish´s Dark Passion Play must be the best metal album of the year. Never been a big Nightwish fan (I think I´ve said that before) but DPP really is awesome, and the new vocalist isn´t too bad either. :) I like her more than the old one.

Tuomas Holopainen´s compositions are simply mad, especially the first song, The Poet and the Pendulum, which lasts frickin 14 minutes! :o And The London symphony orchestra on the backround makes it all even more epic. It was a nice little surprise that the album has a bonus CD which includes instrumental versions of all the songs.

I like.

Okay, Nightwish´s Dark Passion Play must be the best metal album of the year. Never been a big Nightwish fan (I think I´ve said that before) but DPP really is awesome, and the new vocalist isn´t too bad either. :) I like her more than the old one.

Tuomas Holopainen´s compositions are simply mad, especially the first song, The Poet and the Pendulum, which lasts frickin 14 minutes! :o And The London symphony orchestra on the backround makes it all even more epic. It was a nice little surprise that the album has a bonus CD which includes instrumental versions of all the songs.

I like.

It's an insult to metal. As expected. It's just too fucking weak. It's such a formulaic mambo-jambo...

I love Debbie Harry. She seems like she had more of a life music wise than other 70's/80's people. And she's still rocking today, at 62.

I seem to love 40+ women's music. (By that I mean artists who are female and over 40)

Friend just introduced me to the Pigeon Detectives.

Me like.

Thats cos they're mint.

It's an insult to metal. As expected. It's just too fucking weak. It's such a formulaic mambo-jambo...
I know we all have our own tastes but... how exactly is it formulaic? The album has an incredible song variety from these 14 min orchestral epics to simple little songs like The Islander which doesn´t actually sound like metal at all. Have you really even heard more than just the Amaranth single (especially when DPP´s release date outside Finland is today)..?

It´s not a perfect album but the first one I truly like from their outputs. And it´s been getting lots of praising reviews too.

I know we all have our own tastes but... how exactly is it formulaic? The album has an incredible song variety from these 14 min orchestral epics to simple little songs like The Islander which doesn´t actually sound like metal at all. Have you really even heard more than just the Amaranth single (especially when DPP´s release date outside Finland is today)..?

It´s not a perfect album but the first one I truly like from their outputs. And it´s been getting lots of praising reviews too.

Actually, yes, I have heard the album about 6 times. I don't talk about what I don't know. How exactly is it formulaic? Maybe because it completely rips off the writing of epic metal classics? Who knows, maybe that's why...

And to top it off, you use reviewers as an excuse... Are you aware that we're talking about metal? You do know that every single review on the subject is biased, do you not? I mean, St. Anger was album of the year in 70% of metal-related publications, for christ's sake!

And now, Dark Passion Play is getting all of this praise for a being a gigantic piece of shite, while genious albums like down's new album are getting shunned. Seriously, this just makes me want to puke.

Honestly, I never liked this "gothic/symphonic/power" crap, but I do know how to acknowledge a good album when I hear it, and Dark Passion Play is NOT a good album. I would call it mediocre, at best.

Nightwish reaches their peak back in 98 with Oceanborn, from then till now, it's just been getting worse every day that goes by.

But hey, aren't you the guy that likes Power Metal? I mean... lol, your entire credibility as a metal afficionado just went down the drain,cubby.

I'm loving Cobra Starship!

They're awesome!

And one of their videos is somewhat Boosh-like, which is cool. :smile:

But hey, aren't you the guy that likes Power Metal? I mean... lol, your entire credibility as a metal afficionado just went down the drain,cubby.
No, I wouldn´t say I´m a big power metal fan or anything.. I like a few bands but that´s pretty much it. I don´t remember saying I´d be a metal afficionado.

I didn´t use to like Nightwish either because Tarja Turunen´s singing made my ears bleed. It kinda felt too polished for my tastes. While Anette doesn´t really do anything original, she does her job fine and doesn´t prevent me from listening the music. And the music itself, in my opinion, is quite good. No matter what your superior opinions say.

But out of curiosity.... Why exactly did you listen "a mediocore album" six times?

Went to see The Wombats at my mates dads newsagents today cos it won the NME indie 4 independent stores comp.

It was laugh but without drums or bass it was a bit lacking. There was struggle when they threw their keyboard into the crowd.

I need to officially play Bjork at a drinking fest tonight.

But i'd prefer not to bring my expensive portable speakers.

Friend just introduced me to the Pigeon Detectives.

Me like.

Thats cos they're mint.

Despite that they sound like every other Indie band that have come along since/due to the success of the Arctic Monkeys?

I need to officially play Bjork at a drinking fest tonight.

But i'd prefer not to bring my expensive portable speakers.

How do you officially play Bjork????

Do you have to ask her permisson first?

Lol.

No, I wouldn´t say I´m a big power metal fan or anything.. I like a few bands but that´s pretty much it. I don´t remember saying I´d be a metal afficionado.

I didn´t use to like Nightwish either because Tarja Turunen´s singing made my ears bleed. It kinda felt too polished for my tastes. While Anette doesn´t really do anything original, she does her job fine and doesn´t prevent me from listening the music. And the music itself, in my opinion, is quite good. No matter what your superior opinions say.

But out of curiosity.... Why exactly did you listen "a mediocore album" six times?

6 is the perfect number. You know, some of the greatest albums ever made are not that good on a first audition. They kinda grow on you after hearing them a few times, I, myself, find that 6 is the most balanced number to determine wether or not there is some charm to an album. DPP did not make an impact.

Oh, and when I said "aficcionado" what I meant was that you like metal.

Oh, and it's not a matter of superior opinion or inferioir oppinion, here. The music isn't good. That doesn't mean that you can't like it though. I love lots of albums of crappy music. Wether you think it's good or not has nothing to do with the fact that it is, indeed, good... or bad. Opinion only works on a personal level. It's not universal.

Despite that they sound like every other Indie band that have come along since/due to the success of the Arctic Monkeys?

*agrees* QFT

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

How do you officially play Bjork????

Do you have to ask her permisson first?

Lol.

lol! Well, play Bjork on my i-pod through speakers, but after having bought the CD the song came off. That would be official.. maybe..I'm confused.

Either way, I left my i-pod at home.. :shakehead

personally i think nightwish are class but i only like "over the hills an far away" and dead to the world" which were my most listened to song by nightwish, problem is, there are too many good bands out there that leaves nightwish lost on the list of speed metal/goth genre.

edit: Pigeon Detectives are just another english indie band, not bat at all.

personally i think nightwish are class but i only like "over the hills an far away" and dead to the world" which were my most listened to song by nightwish, problem is, there are too many good bands out there that leaves nightwish lost on the list of speed metal/goth genre.

Speed? :shakehead WTF?

Speed? :shakehead WTF?

you dont like speed/thrash metal? its what evolved to bands like nightwish.

gamma ray "Rebellion in Dreamland" and "follow me" are amazing.

You have to be fucking kidding. Nightwish. Speed? They're not even metal for fucks sake. Don't insult the likes of Megadeth/ Slayer/ Tallica/ Kreator by lumping them in the same category as that banal shite.