NEurope

Come now, we all know Kurt wrote all the songs on Live Through This. There's a pattern if you look closely:

Before Kurt: Hole = Bad

Kurt Alive: Hole = Decent

Kurt Dead: Hole = Bad Again

Well, I don't know that, but i'd heard. Even so, that makes very little difference. Hole released Live Through This, Nirvana didn't.

I like Hole after Nirvana too. It's a different style, but Celebrity Skin and some other tracks really stand out.

Paj is young and impressionable

I happen to think I have a fairly mature musical appreciation/taste for someone of my age. (Judging from my peers)

I have a wide one too. Bjork is music to me, and no one can dethrone her, that i've heard, and most of my favourite artists are alternative.

I hate how people hate music because of its background. I love live Through This, not becasue I thought Courtney wrote it (why would I give a shit?), but because it has great songs on it. I prefer her voice to Kurts too.

---

Anyway, Anyone heard Debbie Harry's new/upcoming/unreleased single, "Two Times Blue"? It roxxx.

Let me just make obvious the irony of this situation.

Yeah bitches. The Bard is back in town.

In other news, Iced Earth are great in small doses.

Yay. :blank:

Blondie ARE good. In fact they own most 80's/70's bands.

But they aren't good in your opinion, so i'm in the wrong obviously. :bowdown:

To your knowledge. I doubt that there are very many 70's/80's bands that you've actually heard or made an active effort to understand. But don't worry, naturally you can't expect to be born knowing better. Unless you're me.

Lets have a look at what 70's/80's band I have in media player then.

The Clash - better than Blondie

Sex Pistols - better than Blondie

Bad Brains - better than Blondie

Minor threat - better than Blondie

Rites of Spring - better than Blondie

The Ramones - better than Blondie

Ooo you're pushing it with Minor Threat. I mean, my 80's music knowlegde ain't great but I wouldn't agree with that. Sex pistols and Ramones definately though.

Also, Bad Brains...whats their best album? Wanna download some of their stuff.

I said most mainly in reference to the crap that was in the charts at the time, but yeah Sex Pistols and The Clash are good. I prefer to listen to Blondie usually though. I actually have The Ramones anthology, but I can't be bothered listening to it. It's juts a bit..I don't know. I don't like his voice.

Still. Debbie Harry FTW in general.

KT Tunstall's new album doesn't really match the cover.

I felt all excited buying it because she's like a crazy futuristic warrior princess on the front cover, then when you listen all the songs are a bit like "..."

Fact is fact though, you cant fuck with me with this higher opinion shit purely cos you have nothing on me. Blondie were a good band, to me that is a truthful statement until you can disprove it shut the fuck up. Im not huge on them, but accept they were a pioneer in early mainstream nu wave rock and Parrallel Lines is a influential and great album... Not at one point have I said they were the best band of the 70s or 80s, I have just acknowledged them as good. So please shhhh, Hobbzinio never left the town

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

Deep Purple

Queen

Talking Heads

The Doors

The Clash

The Smiths

AC DC

all PWN Blondie when it comes to rock music from the 70's/80's imo

Edit: In retrospect, Sonic Youth and The Police are also two other bands I would place above Blondie (who were GOOD) :)

I'm not a big Classic Rock fan. Actually,allmost not at all. Out of them, I listen to Queen and Talking Heads. I have a few songs from the others, but I don't really listen to them. I find Classic Rock terribly dull.

Ah, takeo was right. The beat on the new britney song is awesome. The rest still sucks, but the music behind it is damn catchy.

for the record, AC/DC aren't anywhere near as good as Blondie. They're awesome, but Blondie are far better.

yeah. they're actually really, really shit. I mean, thanks for punk and all- that needed to happen, but they really suck.

Ah, takeo was right. The beat on the new britney song is awesome. The rest still sucks, but the music behind it is damn catchy.

Wooooo! Beats Avril Lavigne at any rate.

Genki Rockets are teh AW3S0M3!!! As are Perfume. J-pop FTW!

Anyone else heard InMes new album?

Surprisingly alright is my review so far.

I think everyone needs to see this just to laugh.

I'd say Blondie were better than The Sex Pistols, but the Pistols are hugely overrated anyway. John Lydon's other band PiL however, are far, far better than Blondie - well at least they were for their first two albums when Keith Levine was still around. Other bands from the 70's and 80's who were better than Blondie? Wire, Sonic Youth, Glenn Branca, Teenage Jesus And The Jerks, The Fall, Can, Neu!, Kraftwerk, ESG, The Slits, Slint, Swell Maps, Devo, James Chance & The Contortions, Black Flag, Prince, not to mention all the great hip hop from around that time. And it's all better than The Clash too.

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

Deep Purple

Queen

Talking Heads

The Doors

The Clash

The Smiths

AC DC

all PWN Blondie when it comes to rock music from the 70's/80's imo

Edit: In retrospect, Sonic Youth and The Police are also two other bands I would place above Blondie (who were GOOD) :)

Can't disagree with that I guess. But it's only the tip of the iceberg. The only band out of that list that are truly worth my time are Zeppelin and maybe Queen when mercury isn't being a tit. TH and a little AC/ DC doesn't hurt either. Blondie might be good for someone who doesn't pay much attention to what they're listening to, but I prefer my music a bit more personal. Then again, my experience of Blondie only reaches as far as the tracks on pub jukeboxes.

I can't stand 70's punk bands. Especially the talentless bunch of wasters known as the Ramones.

yeah. they're actually really, really shit. I mean, thanks for punk and all- that needed to happen, but they really suck.

That needed to be said. :).

WHAT WAS THAT?

Where the fuck have you been? It's aboot time :heh:.

for the record, AC/DC aren't anywhere near as good as Blondie. They're awesome, but Blondie are far better.

The music gods should kill you

Now now, I'll do no such thing. The boy has a valid point :p.

My keyboard isn't working.

Ah. You browsin on your Wii?

Now now, I'll do no such thing. The boy has a valid point :p.

Ah. You browsin on your Wii?

lol at the idea of bardy boy been a god.

so... favorably comparing a ground breaking Zeitgeist band to aussie rockers having a fuck about is bad?

shit. I'm well fucked me.

err...news: everyone check out Simian Mobile Disco for some rather clever electro dance. They am skillz.

Zeitgeist? Blondie? I'm assuming you're familiar with Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzie, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jethro Tull etc??.

yes. course I am.

but they helped define an entire genre and decade! they're a hugely important influential band.

what? oh dear.... I never really liked blondie to be honest. there were plenty of 80s bands that were better.