NEurope

What kind of music?

Rock.

They had a few tracks off one of their earlier albums on 1080 Avalanche, hence why I thought they'd be some fans on a Nintendo forum.

Currently downloading Broken Social Scene because they have ties to Emily Haines and I do love Emily Haines.

Rock.

They had a few tracks off one of their earlier albums on 1080 Avalanche, hence why I thought they'd be some fans on a Nintendo forum.

aye - Choke is, like, the theme to the game. Good soundtrack with that game :)

Reminds me that I first listened to Element Eighty because of Need For Speed Underground. Gotta love Pancake Land.

Currently downloading Broken Social Scene because they have ties to Emily Haines and I do love Emily Haines.

That's ignorant.

BSC are (or should I say, WERE) authentic gods on the indie community. After Feel Good Lost and You Forgot It In People(this album is specially masterfull) they went down the drain, though. Their new stuff sucks so badly it hurts. =/

That's the big problem with indie music, since it became popular, it turned to shit, these band are just recording the same record over and over and over again. *sigh*...

Any Cauterize fans here?

Should check out some of their songs, just click my sig. Love in the Attic is quality. Can't wait for their new album which is out next Tuesday.

Oh dear god... Why did I even bother to check it out. =/ I should've known better from your avatar.

EDIT - I hate this "pop punk" bullshit.

That's ignorant.

BSC are (or should I say, WERE) authentic gods on the indie community. After Feel Good Lost and You Forgot It In People(this album is specially masterfull) they went down the drain, though. Their new stuff sucks so badly it hurts. =/

That's the big problem with indie music, since it became popular, it turned to shit, these band are just recording the same record over and over and over again. *sigh*...

Oh dear god... Why did I even bother to check it out. =/ I should've known better from your avatar.

EDIT - I hate this "pop punk" bullshit.

So checking out a band I've never heard of before just because if their links to another artist is ignorant?

I've decided that for my dignity I need to be a bit more metal (...*acknowledges the pink signature, moves on*), someone give me some tips of where to start :D I'm talking Iron Maiden and that kind of realm here.

I've decided that for my dignity I need to be a bit more metal

My friend recommended me a band called Sonata Arctica some time ago and I´ve been listening their songs A LOT lately. I´m not usually into metal that much but there´s something in SA´s sound that really appeals to me. I know the band isn´t that famous outside Finland and metal circles (though I think they have a pretty big fanbase in Japan) but it´s really worth checking out. :)

I've decided that for my dignity I need to be a bit more metal (...*acknowledges the pink signature, moves on*), someone give me some tips of where to start :D I'm talking Iron Maiden and that kind of realm here.

... And you said "we don't really have the same music tastes"... Ask her yourself, dude :P she'll suggest plenty.

I already did! I'm branching further. Stop trying to read my mind *narrows eyes*

My friend recommended me a band called Sonata Arctica some time ago and I´ve been listening their songs A LOT lately. I´m not usually into metal that much but there´s something in SA´s sound that really appeals to me. I know the band isn´t that famous outside Finland and metal circles (though I think they have a pretty big fanbase in Japan) but it´s really worth checking out.
Thanks, I'll check them out :)

Oh god, Sonate Arctica eh? They have the most annoying, cringe worthy vocalist of all time. Dodgiest shit ever.

If you want something a little like Maiden, download some songs by Iced Earth, namely:

Dracula

The Hunter

A Quesion Of Heaven

The Coming Curse

Birth Of The Wicked

Angels Holocaust

to start off with. They're pretty good. I've got all of their albums for some reason o_0.

Metallica (obviously)

Maybe a bit of NIN if you want something a bit more electronic

If you want a bit of prog metal, Porcupine Tree are awesome (Deadwing is a great album)

And maybe you want to try one of my guilty pleasures - light-hearted hairy metal Helloween (Pink Bubbles Go Ape is good)

*waits for the Bard to rip into him*

Avril Lavignes new video for the sort of sligghtly upbeat/sad/ballad "When Your Gone". Video about a guy going off to war, a elderly man missing his wife and a girl being taken away from her boyfriend.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9P4wIHsqEdE

Great video.

(waits for most people to moan at me for putting this on saying its "no really music its shite" kind of comment.)

Avril Lavignes new video for the sort of sligghtly upbeat/sad/ballad "When Your Gone". Video about a guy going off to war, a elderly man missing his wife and a girl being taken away from her boyfriend.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bcVZc2I8pD4

Great video.

(waits for most people to moan at me for putting this on saying its "no really music its shite" kind of comment.)

I love that song so much!

SO MUCH!

Great Video.

I love.

lol

I think its one of her best songs, like "happy ending" and "losing grip". The video's pretty good too. (its out in the UK in mid june I think.)

I'm With You by Avril Lavigne was my favourite song for ages, I kinda got over it though.

The new album is more fun, but realistically not as good as the previous ones.

I need Runaway to be a single.

I'm With You by Avril Lavigne was my favourite song for ages, I kinda got over it though.

The new album is more fun, but realistically not as good as the previous ones.

I need Runaway to be a single.

Runaway? tis' alright..but shouldn't be a single, "I can do better" should, and it looks lik it will be her thrid single because she said somewhere in an interview its her favourite on the album.

Anyways I dont really think you can compare this album to any of her others, like you can't compare her last one to the others because their all really different in style. (hopefully what i'm saying makes sense lol)

and she looks bluddy hot in that vid

Under My Skin is better IMO, but then as you said, they're totally different sounds.

I love that Video. And the song is growing on me.

---

A a differen topic;

Why is it that metal bands always have really cheesy names? Like "Dracula Rising", "Angel of Death" , "Holocaust of Doom" etc. That kind of thing. And the album art always looks really cheaply done.

Why is it that metal bands always have really cheesy names? Like "Dracula Rising", "Angel of Death" , "Holocaust of Doom" etc. That kind of thing. And the album art always looks really cheaply done.

It's tradition :)

Under My Skin is better IMO, but then as you said, they're totally different sounds.

I love that Video. And the song is growing on me.

---

A a differen topic;

Just the traditional metal themes: horror, fantasy, politics, war etc.

The new QotSA album, Era Vulgaris is out tomorrow. In Belgium anyway, don't know the UK release date.

FUck in fuck! LIstened to a l ot of LEdZep tonithght. and they added blood oungain be mastodon as the jukeox at rileys, so we were listenoing to that all night, Was goood.

The new QotSA album, Era Vulgaris is out tomorrow. In Belgium anyway, don't know the UK release date.

It is good. :)

I saw billy talent today, it was great, the lead singer really does speak like he sings, amazing.