NEurope

The new artists that I recommend are Modest Mouse, CSS, Klaxon, The Pigeon Detectives, The Fratellis & The Dresden Dolls.

I honestly think the Fratellis are hugely overrated. Sure they're 'cool', but there;s only like 3 songs on their album that i can listen to more than once a day.

And, after what I said to platty ages ago... The latest Kings of Leon album has indeed grown on me after multiple plays. While it's not the same, young-feeling band that it was before, it does sound good.

I mainly likes: Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, Smashing Pumpkins and Nine Inch Nails. I would say they are my top 5 in no order.

My top five are Radiohead, Muse, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters & Snow Patrol.

The new artists that I recommend are Modest Mouse, CSS, Klaxon, The Pigeon Detectives, The Fratellis & The Dresden Dolls.

I second Modest Mouse, not The Fratellis.

I honestly think the Fratellis are hugely overrated. Sure they're 'cool', but there;s only like 3 songs on their album that i can listen to more than once a day.

And, after what I said to platty ages ago... The latest Kings of Leon album has indeed grown on me after multiple plays. While it's not the same, young-feeling band that it was before, it does sound good.

I miss the beards.

I miss the beards.

lol, i agree! They look strange without them. What do you think of their musical 'evolution'?

I like Chelsea Dagger, and that's it from the Fratellis.

I listen to virtually all genres of music. If I didn't, I would go mad. I can't imagine only listening to one genre.

'Tis one of my favourite songs, and its a shame it didn't get the proper single treatment (the video is a promo).

lol, i agree! They look strange without them. What do you think of their musical 'evolution'?

I've only listened to their first effort in enough depth to comment on. I did see their latest single on Jonathan Ross a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I didn't hear a word of it, as I was too busy lamenting over the drummers lack of facial Hair.

I don't really like videos that have nothing interesting happening in them.

I love the song though. One of Catatonia's best.

lol... well the general 'consensus' is that their old sound wasn't just a raw sound, but a raw band, and that waiting two years instead of one to record a new album has meant they've grown up and focused on making an Album, instead of 11 songs.

I do agree that they have grown up - i mean, when it takes more than one listen to enjoy a song, it is a better song. But I think they've lost their honest country style and traded it in for a more mainstream sound, with some country as a back-up. Shame, but ultimately quite listenable.

I'm not one for 'new' music really, even tho I do ocassionally listen to new stuff on the radio, but hardly ever buy their albums. My favourite bands/artists are The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Queen, The Who, U2, David Bowie and Paul McCartney's solo career.

I like Chelsea Dagger, and that's it from the Fratellis.

I listen to virtually all genres of music. If I didn't, I would go mad. I can't imagine only listening to one genre.

Agreed. I find myself to be the same - for example, having just listened to Kasabian, I am now listening to a track from Lost (A show I don't even watch), a piano piece.

I don't honestly see why anyone doesn't like some aspect of teh beatles. They evolved massively in their years. I like Helter Skelter, Here Comes The Sun, Get Back, Come Together and I Am The Walrus. I've not listened to all the albums properly so i can't say that that's all I like of them.... But i'm certain that everyone can find at least one song by them that they can enjoy.

I don't honestly see why anyone doesn't like some aspect of teh beatles. They evolved massively in their years. I like Helter Skelter, Here Comes The Sun, Get Back, Come Together and I Am The Walrus. I've not listened to all the albums properly so i can't say that that's all I like of them.... But i'm certain that everyone can find at least one song by them that they can enjoy.

Yeah, they are called the "fathers of music" (or something equally flattering) for a reason.

Lady Madonna is my fave song of theirs.

I don't really like videos that have nothing interesting happening in them.

I love the song though. One of Catatonia's best.

totally agree with you there. You can't just listen to one genre, its like a crime against music.

I've just started to listen to Smash Mouth, there pretty awesome, songs like "story of my life", "crawl" and my favourite "all star" are great.

(the fratellis are great!)

I second Modest Mouse, not The Fratellis.

I third Modest Mouse, however they aint a new act, been going for quite a while now :D

saw them last Saturday and they were damn good :)

Actually, Nujabes is like a superstar in the underground rap communitty. They kinda like worship him. It surprised me. But fuck it, he deserves it!!

And Hideki Naganuma [Portuguese mafia](não sabes escrever palancho? Pfff)[/Portuguese mafia] should get more recognition... they way the man mixes hip-hop with trip-hop, breakbeat and acid jazz is fantastic. =D

He doesn't get to do half of the soundtracks he should. =/

Pff, I was half asleep.

You're little secret portugese messages aren't going to work when I can understand them. ;)

I'm currently listening to George Formby. Best comedy ukulele player the world has ever seen!

yeh modest mouse have been going for about 14 years, an excellent band who are even more excellent live, ive yet yo pick up their new album however.

They aren't. In my opinion.

But then I've discovered since liking them that opinion is truly divided.

To me, they're the best band I've ever heard. (Well, their new album and the one before that..the first is utter crap) It's so powerful and emotive. Others label them as "emo". I just find all other metal/rock to pale in comparison.

Fool their first album is clearly the best then the second and then its The Black Parade which is truly awful.

Favourite band is Muse.