NEurope

Inspired by the meaningless post thread post upcoming music evens, music you like or hate well anything to do with music basically.

Music I love:

R 'n' B

Dance

Cheesy Pop

Pop/Rock

Hate:

Garage

Hard Rock

Those songs which scream at you

I'm a big Music fan. I play and listen to loads of it.

My favourite genre is rock, and my favourite band is Metallica.

I love all types of music except for trance. Just give me an acoustic guitar or a piano and I'll make my own too!

I'm obsessed with japanese rock and like some japanese pop too. L'arc en ciel, Gackt and dir en grey are my favourites. Other music I like is mostly rock, some drum and bass, and trip hop/electronica. Many film/videogame soundtracks I like too.

My favourite bands

Colon Open Bracket, AFI, Alexisonfire, Alien Ant Farm, Anti-Flag, Arctic Monkeys, At The Drive-In, Atari Teenage Riot, The Automatic, Bloc Party, Blur, Boy Kill Boy, Bring Me The Horizon, Bromheads jacket, Cansei de Ser Sexy, City and Colour, The Clash, Dirty Pretty Things, Editors, Enter Shikari, Fall Out Boy, Feeder, Flood of Red, Foo Fighters, Franz Ferdinand, The Fratellis, Fugazi, The Futureheads, Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly., Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, Hadoukan!, Her Words Kill, The Hives, Hot Chip, Incubus, Jet, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Keane, The Killers, Klaxons, The Kooks, Larrikin Love, The Libertines, Little Man Tate, The Long Blondes, Maximo Park, MC Devvo, Metric, Milburn, Minor Threat, Moneen, Muse, My Chemical Romance, Nirvana, NOFX, Oasis, OK Go, Origa, Panic! At The Disco, Peter Doherty, Placebo, Plan B, The Prodigy, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Raconteurs, Radiohead, The Ramones, Rage Against The Machine, Razorlight, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rites of Spring, Saosin, Sex Pistols, The Smashing Pumpkins, Snow Patrol, The Spinto Band, Stereophonics, The Streets, The Strokes, System of a Down, Thursday, The View, The Vines, We Are Scientists, the White Stripes, Wolfmother, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Young Knives, YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO

Favourite artist: Richard Ashcroft

Favourite Album: Human Conditions

Favourite genre: Indie

I love all indie.

Especially indie...

Your right!

I love Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Scissor Sisters, Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Kooks, Good Charlotte, Credence Clearwater Revival.

w00p!

edit: I also really like my brother's kind of rap music. It's really great - no one will believe me (except Letty). It's Big L, Diamond D, some of Wu Tang etc.

Oooh, and old pop. Like Aqua, Abba, MJ etc.

My fav bands Insane Clown Posse + Twiztid, before anyone bitches, fuck you i like them, end of. ICP's new album came out today, did not dissapoint, iv followed this band religously for 7 years, and waited for 2 years for this album, its damn good. Theyre back on tour in England later this year, after the last one, this is gonna be the best show ever. woop wooop!

Ah well, thats my rant :)

And besides these 2,

Dark Lotus, Psychopathic Rydas, Kottonmouth Kings, Cypress Hill, Damian Marley, Bob Marley, Slipknot, System of a down, Fools Garden, Lemon Jelly, Pendulum, Prodigy, Snoop, Dre, Eminem, Korn, Audio Bullys,

their all that comes to mind at the moment!

I don't think a music thread can really "work". Its a broad area. Plus everyone will open the thread. Post whatever they like about music and leave. It won't be a discussion, but rather a series of statements (much like this).

I love all music.

Except indie...

Same here :)

Except Jazz...I don't like Jazz...

I'm in neoclassical mode these days, with a bit of acoustic Mitsuda esque guitars.

Same here :)

Except Jazz...I don't like Jazz...

I love jazz!

But only in context - ie. if Im dressed up and happen to be at a jazzy bar or something, I would like to hear jazz.

a general music thread will only really work if it is discussion about music and not just random statements about what people like, because that just leads to people flaming other peoples taste and that never ends well.

I would like to see this thread work though cause I am a huge music fan

One thing, anyone who likes music must see Arcade Fire live, they put on a damn good show and they have really good songs

I love jazz!

But only in context - ie. if Im dressed up and happen to be at a jazzy bar or something, I would like to hear jazz.

You need to come to London and go to the Jazz café in Camden, I love it in there. Chill out listen to some Jazz and various other types.

But yeah I'm pretty much an Indie slut, always have been and always will be. Can't stand "clubbing" music and all that crap. However when im drunk it matters not and I dance like a loon. Cant stand Metal, just a lot of noise and shouting although dont mind some of the old heavy rock bands. I quite like ska and some old punk but my main tastes are Indie.

I like a bit of cheese when on a night out. Can't beat some 80's classics to dance to when out with your mates. Happy music :)

I love going to see live music and spend most of my wages going to gigs and buying CD's... :(

I agree this thread won't go very far. People are just posting what they like, me included with no one really caring except the bard who can't understand that people are allowed to have different tastes :heh:

Well, seeing as this is a general music thread, what instruments do people play, and for how long have you been playing etc?

I play the tin whistle!!

And guitar, been playing for countless years, my greatest achievement is finally mastering some of the most awesome parts of The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing by Satch. Legendary.

Any one pick up Enter Shikari - Take To The Skies today(not you Bard obviously) its pretty good album and different to the other hardcore bands out there at the moment.

They're also great live.

Skunk Anansie - Just awesome! I recomend everyone to listen!!

Skunk Anansie - Just awesome! I recomend everyone to listen!!

That woman scares me!

Anybody like Antony and The Johnsons? Or is it just me?

He also scares me. But I am bird girl has grown on me a bit :smile:

I love all genres. Even house. I like whatever I like, in particular Public Enemy, Sigur Ros, Tchaikovsky, The Flaming Lips, Underground, Nat King Cole and Black Sun Empire.

Well, seeing as this is a general music thread, what instruments do people play, and for how long have you been playing etc?

I play the tin whistle!!

And guitar, been playing for countless years, my greatest achievement is finally mastering some of the most awesome parts of The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing by Satch. Legendary.

I used to play the Oboe (ooooo I hear you say) but I stopped last summer. I started to not enjoy it as much, which lead me to not practice as much and so I wasn't improving that much and basically lost all interest to pursue it. I kept playing till the end of my GCSEs (my grade 5 helped me a bunch in my Music course).

Now I'm sort beginning to play this bass I've acquired somehow. Trouble is with all this school work and shit I'm finding it hard to practice that often, so basically I'm deciding to put it off till after my exams.

Oh yeah, and I don't like indie too.