NEurope

Catching Nas and Damian 'Jr Gong' Marley at Manchester tonight. Man, it would be so much easier to learn the words to this album if Marleys first language wasn't like, broken English...

Hyped though.

I'm now addicted to:

I've not listened to Marina and the Diamonds before this song, really. :)

Do you have the full album Coolness? If not then I'd recommend it, some stunningly good songs on it... :) well for 'Pop' songs they're pretty good anyway, I guess the album's kinda like La Roux, Little Boots, Florence + the Machine etc... in that you'll listen to it lots for a good while, then take an extended break; they're all good to go back to every once in a while though.

Both of these are quite old but nonetheless, amazing.

I absolutely adore the fact that back then, there were some American TV shows that actually gave international acts a chance even without English being their first language. Of course, not that Edith Piaf needed a chance, she was definitely already a legend.

Another great pianist and composer that is just legendary. Always puts you into a good mood.

Trying to learn this on the piano however is a bitch...

^ I'm familiar with both of the above pieces due to my Dad being interested in both Edith Piaf and Scott Joplin...

In fact Maple Leaf Rag is the one piece that he plays on the piano regularly and can pretty much play most of it very well as he's spent a long time practicing it, I respect him for that because it takes a lot of dedication to play a piece like that; I also have respect for Scott Joplin because damn... he was an exceptional pianist of his time and the Maple Leaf Rag is a piece that's very hard to dislike because it's so upbeat and enjoyable. :)

Do you have the full album Coolness? If not then I'd recommend it, some stunningly good songs on it... :) well for 'Pop' songs they're pretty good anyway, I guess the album's kinda like La Roux, Little Boots, Florence + the Machine etc... in that you'll listen to it lots for a good while, then take an extended break; they're all good to go back to every once in a while though.

I don't have the full album but i'll listen to it on Spotify/We7! :D

She was one of the ones I missed in 2009. :) I just happened to catch the video yesterday on TV and was instantly hooked.

I'm sure should could be lumped with them but she sounds like someone and I can't put my finger on it, oh well. Yeah well my favourite of the above 3 is Little Boots, the other two again I've not listened to "that" many times.

I should get on that. :p

I'm rereading this thread from the start, and I'm loling at Paj and Haggis defending Avril Lavigne against Bard and Oxygen.

english-errors.jpg

And?

---

But yeah. We live, we learn. Though I do have a soft spot for her, in a "Oh, I used to love." way. She's in my love box with Miley Cyrus and Delta Goodrem, only lower.

<3

P.s I'm so glad it's FINALLY a single. I warned everyone it was the best on the album but no, everyone wanted to listen to effing You Got The Love....:cry:

FINALLY starting to enjoy Broadcast's 'Haha Sound' LP. A favourite from it:

P.s I'm so glad it's FINALLY a single. I warned everyone it was the best on the album but no, everyone wanted to listen to effing You Got The Love....:cry:

This explains why GAME Radio were playing the song every day a couple of weeks ago. I purposefully looked for ways to stay on the shop floor but not interact with customers whilst it was on as it was the only song they played that I enjoyed.

Unfortunately for me it's not on the playlist any more, so I'll have to put up with N-Dubz, Robbie Williams, Jason Derulo and Chipmunk on repeat. Wahoo!

Back on topic though, I love the song. It's always been one of the favourites on the album for me alongside Howl and Drumming Song, but I love how even after many many listens the album still hasn't worn me down. It definitely goes in my theoretical top 5 albums of all time.

This explains why GAME Radio were playing the song every day a couple of weeks ago. I purposefully looked for ways to stay on the shop floor but not interact with customers whilst it was on as it was the only song they played that I enjoyed.

Unfortunately for me it's not on the playlist any more, so I'll have to put up with N-Dubz, Robbie Williams, Jason Derulo and Chipmunk on repeat. Wahoo!

Back on topic though, I love the song. It's always been one of the favourites on the album for me alongside Howl and Drumming Song, but I love how even after many many listens the album still hasn't worn me down. It definitely goes in my theoretical top 5 albums of all time.

0845 0772281

Dude!

Although they didn't play 'Daddy Cool' for my friend in another branch who had just had his second child (my goddaughter) when requested :( Although they played Hellogoodbye once for me.

Sometimes, boy, you're nothing but meat.

Outstanding.

One word/sound: Unh.

-----------------------------

I had the absolute pleasure of seeing her last night at the Apollo Victoria and she was back on top form. The piano playing was simply incredible, and her voice was sounding great too. It was the best rendition of Hey Jupiter I've heard I think. I had this constant state of goosebumps. The setlist was also stupidly delicious.

Bells For Her

Precious Things

Silent All These Years

Dragon

Northern Lad

The Power of Orange Knickers

Marianne

Space Dog

Beauty of Speed

Virginia

Rattlesnakes [Lloyd Cole]

Yes, Anastasia