NEurope

coheed-and-cambria-from-fear-through-the-eyes-of-madness-1.jpg

I didn't really give it a chance when I got it, but my friend was banging on about them so I thought I'd give it a second chance. I'm glad I did, it's awesome.

My favourite tracks:

O__o

mediaite.com

She was such a professional, on time, did all the rehearsals, and we said, ‘if you want to skip the last song, because it was pouring down,’ she said ‘absolutely not.'

We used to play this (album) at Woolworths fairly often and this song always used to scare me toward the end when it just repeatedly screams "PRESSURE!" (obviously at a high volume being in a shop). Although it is quite good when you want to be pressurised...

[random post of the day]

PRESSURE! PRESSURE! PRESSURE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH PRESSUREPRESSUREPRESSUREPRESSUREPRESSURE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Love the Zutons :D Confusion is a fantastic song.

I have no idea if I love this or hate this. I think it might be her that is actually causing this. I saw this one day when I was just skipping through the music channels, where most of the songs were just bleuch, and she caught my attention.

Loved it at first and thought she was pretty cool until I looked at some interviews and found out on wikipedia that she is in Gossip Girl...oh well.

It was bugging me what California Gurls sounded like but now i know.

I have no idea if I love this or hate this. I think it might be her that is actually causing this. I saw this one day when I was just skipping through the music channels, where most of the songs were just bleuch, and she caught my attention.

Loved it at first and thought she was pretty cool until I looked at some interviews and found out on wikipedia that she is in Gossip Girl...oh well.

Taylor Momsen is the wildchild little sister of the show (both in terms of character and the actor herself). She's a bit OTT at times ("I carry a knife with me" and similar stuff) but I do like how she's willing to be 16 and just be herself (wearing little clothing, panda eyes etc), even if it offends some people.

Although her music isn't really my thing.

And I do love how there was uproar about how she said "fuck" on This Morning...a week after their 'sex positions week'. Hmm.

We used to play this (album) at Woolworths fairly often and this song always used to scare me toward the end when it just repeatedly screams "PRESSURE!" (obviously at a high volume being in a shop). Although it is quite good when you want to be pressurised...

[random post of the day]

You've given me the Zuton fever once again... their first album is great!!

In other news, I scribbled a little comic earlier. It's based on real life and all!

38105_10150213453545691_669125690_13699213_4562249_n.jpg

You've given me the Zuton fever once again... their first album is great!!

In other news, I scribbled a little comic earlier. It's based on real life and all!

38105_10150213453545691_669125690_13699213_4562249_n.jpg

But Pyramid Song is from Amnesiac..... :confused:

Don't know if this has been posted (I think Paj posted the album...I think.) but I like this song by this Lissie person. Everywhere I Go.

Loving this song at the moment. Think I might buy a couple Gary Numan albums.

Don't know if this has been posted (I think Paj posted the album...I think.) but I like this song by this Lissie person. Everywhere I Go.

The album Catching A Tiger is really good in general.

Simon Curtis

SimonCurtis_8bit_Heart.jpg

I actually love. The album is completely free to download. Supposedly got downloaded 80,000 times in the first week which seems like a huge amount for what I figure to be a relatively unknown artist? He seems scarily good at creating a catchy pop hook.

Edited by Slaggis

Disturbed - Another Way To Die

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Welcome back, destruction. I love how Disturbed is so energetic. David's voice is just full of anger. And the guitar? Great.

Another Way To Die sounds like it could be from the album Believe which is a very good thing. I'm so looking forward to Asylum.

What about some guitar play full of precision and speed?

Protest The Hero - Sequoia Throne

And another amazing song:

Starsailor - Four To The Floor

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by drahkon

51thkX9BYJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I love Bombay Bicycle Club's song Flaws from their new album of the same name.

Been listening to two new albums today. Firstly, A Star-Crossed Wasteland by In This Moment. Better than I thought actually. First song I heard, The Gun Show, was/is a terrible way to kick off an album but thankfully the rest makes up for it. Anyway, loving this song, although the ballad that ends the album World In Flames is fantastic as well. Ending kills it kind of but I just change it when it gets to that point:

Also listened to All Our Kings Are Dead by Young Guns. It was ok. Very familiar really. That won't be a bad thing for some but it felt like I was listening to a very slightly different Lostprophets or All Time Low.

-----------

edit: and before I forget, can't stop listening to this song:

Edited by Ganepark32

Simon Curtis

I actually love. The album is completely free to download. Supposedly got downloaded 80,000 times in the first week which seems like a huge amount for what I figure to be a relatively unknown artist? He seems scarily good at creating a catchy pop hook.

Thanks for this, never one to pass a free download up. Even if I hate it, I appreciate. Here's hoping I like it :)

But Pyramid Song is from Amnesiac..... :confused:

Yeah, it's been pointed out to me multiple times... I would say that it was a clever self-depricatory meta joke but really I just made a massive schoolboy error

Simon Curtis

Death by autotune.

I like how it feels like an album though - a collection with a beginning and an end. That needs to be done more in music.

Extremely gay stuff. I get a whiff of "Shit Gay" too, but perhaps not.

So I finally got around to listening to Martha Wainwright's stunning sophomore album I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too and it's a wonder that I hadn't heard it sooner, the same goes for her first album.

At times she sounds like artists that I've heard before yet at the same time her voice and style are unique and the whole thing is just really enjoyable to hear, or so I found anyway...

'I'm in the Hearts Club

I'm in the Hearts Club Band

And I'm not ever ever coming back'

:heart:

Loving this song at the moment. Think I might buy a couple Gary Numan albums.

I love the cover of it done by An Pierlé (Belgian singer). Not sure you'll like it but yeah. Love her voice and the piano heh.

lol, Simon Curtis. I downloaded that ages ago and still haven't given it a listen. :p

I hear his name and think of taps.

So I finally got around to listening to Martha Wainwright's stunning sophomore album I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too and it's a wonder that I hadn't heard it sooner, the same goes for her first album.

At times she sounds like artists that I've heard before yet at the same time her voice and style are unique and the whole thing is just really enjoyable to hear, or so I found anyway...

'I'm in the Hearts Club

I'm in the Hearts Club Band

And I'm not ever ever coming back'

:heart:

My fave from the album:

I love how it turns into an anthem half-way through.

I love the cover of it done by An Pierlé (Belgian singer). Not sure you'll like it but yeah. Love her voice and the piano heh.

I like this alot. When she started, I wasn't so sure of her voice, but having listened till the end, I loved.

I like. Although I'd prefer if the female voice had more prominence, since it's more pleasant.

---

Wow, Bombay Bicycle Club cover Joanna Newsom's Swansea as the final track of their album Flaws.

-----

Just acquired the entireity of Cocteau Twins' discography.

----

I'm rereading this thread from the start, and I'm loling at Paj and Haggis defending Avril Lavigne against Bard and Oxygen.