NEurope

This is the only Prince song I like from his second album/first real one. Slightly remixed by "White Girl Lust" to be a bit more bouncy.

Pretty certain it's this :)

(ab)zorbing

That was definitely on Radio 1 today.

Radio is on iPlayer, don't you forget it.

(I actually don't care for radio but still)

Pretty certain it's this :)

(ab)zorbing

That video isn't working for me, got another link?

Yeahhhhhhh, that's it!

Cheers mate!

Not really 'feeling' anything from the lyrics personally but the whole thing seems very light-hearted and doesn't take itself seriously which is probably the intention, just a 'fun' and 'summery' song and in those respects it succeeds... I found it kinda enjoyable anyway, just not amazing. :)

The band do have a reasonably interesting history though for a relatively 'new' group...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:0bfyxxe5ldte~T1

Edited by S.C.G

There is a music thread for stuff like this...

This was my initial thought... but hopefully these posts will either now be moved or the thread can be y'know... locked and left to die, either is good.

Don't worry, Caris has been known to be a c****** waste of space, that makes non-sensical posts because of his absolutely terrible dyslexia problem that plagues his boring bloody opinions and writing.

He knows I mean that it the best possible way.

So here's a new song I like.....

The video is sort of awful but I think they know it. It's quite endearing really, there's a look in her eyes at about 2:51 which just says 'Yeah, we know, deal with it'. Guitarist guy looks so akward though >_<

Random: The play button on my mac activates both Spotify and iTunes...which would be annoying but it keeps reminding me that I had stopped an awesome song from one or the other ages ago :D

Edited by ipaul

Listening to 'Ride The Lightning' and I likes it a lot....finally think I'm starting to get metal :) Or at least, the appeal of metal.

Ride the Lightning got me into Metal as well.

Fooking amazing album that one.

Well... apart from Escape...

I think H.Metal is a case of the foot in the door effect (it isn't actuallly but it fits here kind of). Once you listen to one you like, you understand and begin to enjoy others that you may have hated before.

I remember being introduced to Metallica with the Justice For All album, which I found great back then, but care very little for now. However, I think what made me like it was that it wasn't just 'noise' that everyone claimed it was, because there is a lot of... depth to the music? Layers? Meh.

I do enjoy last.fm toys

normal.png

Also: enjoying listening back to mid 00's indie

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by dan-likes-trees

Shiny.

Although I don't trust my last.fm anymore. Whenever I plug my iPod in it scrobbles total plays so if I listen to a song by The Format once it then scrobbles saying I've listened to it about 3,000 times or something stupid. Although the top artists are fairly accurate (Format, Boy Least Likely To, fun., Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, We Are Scientists, Spoon, Simian Mobile Disco) the numbers are fairly random now.

I love The Boy Least Likely To:

2ep12ir.jpg

Edited by Ashley

So I just saw an advert for Christina Agumalaria's new album. I'm so funny.

Is she trying to be Lady Gaga?

She's just phailing on every level. Ignore it. Except maybe the M.I.A produced song. That's sortof fun. And the Sia Furler songs are...alright. But they're generic Sia.

I really want to leave a message here as I just watched "What's love got to do with it?". The movie about Tina Turner.

I hope that someone here has seen it, no?

I've been a huge fan of her music for a while. First listened to her more modern and newer stuff but I have to say that the older stuff like 'Proud Mary', 'Fool in Love', and 'Shake a Tail Feather' are just amazing!

Love all her music (I was going to write love the woman either way but that sounded too dirty >.<). Anyone else a fan?

New Iron Maiden song in my opinion: Very disappointing. 30 seconds of pointless intro, straight bass... guitar comes in... this is Maiden? Is Paul Di'Anno gonna start singing? Everything comes in together, ok that sounds cool, for about 10 seconds. Bruce sounds like he can't be arsed. Chorus sounds pretty cool but it's nothing on other songs and Bruce still sounds like he's holding back. Excellent guitar solo as always.

call me lazy... but i couldnt be arsed to track back through 689 pages but...

Has Download Festival been mentioned anywere in this thread?

any of you guys going? i assume alot of people know what it is and who's playing.

i would post a link but cant post links yet (i'm a silly n00b still :p )

Eminem's new album Recovery has just leaked.

Holy crap this shit is amazing, quite possibly his best work since MMLP. There's no slim shady shit on it and it doesn't try to be stupidly OTT like Relapse ('LOL my dad raped me'). Will put up some youtube links later but if any of you have a chance check out Cinderella Man, Talkin' 2 Myself, Won't Back Down and Space Bound.

On a side note, Audioslave's first album, fucking hell this thing has aged so well! Show Me How To Live, amazing.

Lady Gaga's new video was just released. It's her gayest yet and contains some moments that look close to rape, but aesthetically it's her most consistent and best video yet.

The Chemical Brother's new'un has been 'made available'

Fuck me it's good. Quite a strong turn in direction for them back towards a European techno sound- kind of Berlin esque. It's absolutely bloodly lovely, it is.

Eminem's new album Recovery has just leaked.

Holy crap this shit is amazing, quite possibly his best work since MMLP. There's no slim shady shit on it and it doesn't try to be stupidly OTT like Relapse ('LOL my dad raped me'). Will put up some youtube links later but if any of you have a chance check out Cinderella Man, Talkin' 2 Myself, Won't Back Down and Space Bound.

On a side note, Audioslave's first album, fucking hell this thing has aged so well! Show Me How To Live, amazing.

Can't find a single legit track on youtube, there are plenty of videos labeled as such for views though...and I did come across one that was removed.