NEurope

I'm giving Aim & Ignite a go, Ashley. I'd given a few of their songs a listen ages ago, so I know what they sound like superficially, but i'll see what I think of the whole thing.

How good is spotify's music collection?

I was thinking of buying a subscription, but i'd want a trial or something first.

EDIT: Just found out you need an invitation code for the ad supported version, anyone got a code i could have please?

I've hardly listened to any of my music in about a week. I just can't get enough of 6music these days. Lovely stuff.

I was thinking of buying a subscription, but i'd want a trial or something first.

EDIT: Just found out you need an invitation code for the ad supported version, anyone got a code i could have please?

It's great! i use it everyday and me and my friends share playlists of our favourite tracks and they update them when they add new ones! Though I registered back when it wasnt closed, nowadays the only way to get an invitation code is from someone who has paid for it as they get one.

If no one has one, I can say its worth paying for a month and then using that account or the invite for yourself to get yourself an account.

I'm giving Aim & Ignite a go, Ashley. I'd given a few of their songs a listen ages ago, so I know what they sound like superficially, but i'll see what I think of the whole thing.

Coolio :) I know its not for everyone, which is why typically I don't mention it but I'm still buzzing. And seriously, how often do I buzz? :heh:

One last thing but someone pointed out in Light A Roman Candle With Me you can hear him smile when he says "sandwich", never noticed that before. Nice little moment...for me.

I've hardly listened to any of my music in about a week. I just can't get enough of 6music these days. Lovely stuff.

Oh yeah that Phoenix thing. I'm supposed to listen to that right?

Oh yeah that Phoenix thing. I'm supposed to listen to that right?

what.... listen to it right now!!!! :P

When the Sugababes were actually relevant and not desperate fame whores. (Though saying this, some of their newer singles are a guilty pleasure. But, it's just not 'them'). How times have changed. Fallen back in love with "Ugly" too.

--

Also, totally fallen for Madonna's "Express Yourself".

Edited by Slaggis

what.... listen to it right now!!!! :P

Haha Dan text me yesterday about it but I was out walking in the rain at the time. Slipped my mind since. I may pop it on after the Gorillaz have finished but I presume its a fair length? I won't be around for that long and don't like stopping-starting things.

Haha Dan text me yesterday about it but I was out walking in the rain at the time. Slipped my mind since. I may pop it on after the Gorillaz have finished but I presume its a fair length? I won't be around for that long and don't like stopping-starting things.

I assume its the "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix" album; if you are short on time...Armistice, Lisztomania, Lasso, Fences, 1901 and Rome.

ps: oh dear thats nearly the whole album! XD

Wait I presumed they were playing live or being interviewed or something. I've got WAP. Played it fairly extensively while in Japan. *has flashbacks*

You are in Luck Mon Amigo! :grin:

Give me your email please. :)

Also my songs of the day:

Kate Nash - Doo Wah

Fergie - Fegalicious

Alanis Morisette - My Humps

Easy - Joanna Newsom

This song is just so... accomplished on Joanna Newsom's part.

Through the lyrics, music and timbre of her voice , she conveys a sense of need, despite the title Easy; to me, it's a need to be the feminine figure in her relationship, and for the man to love her and to sire her child. However she realises she cannot speak for him (One cannot change the fate of Two), and must take the back-seat, calling for him to choose her - for him to call her, like one would call a Bloody Mary.

All I hear is desperation and insecurity about her love being unrequited - she's picked every daisy until there are none more to which she can demand whether he loves her, or he loves her not. She needs to be loved.

It feels so familiar to me.

Just one of the most beautiful, perceptive, pained songs I've ever heard in my life. Genuinely stunning.

If I have my way, I will love you

10/10

I assume its the "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix" album; if you are short on time...Armistice, Lisztomania, Lasso, Fences, 1901 and Rome.

ps: oh dear thats nearly the whole album! XD

Hmm, Phoenix you say? I think I saw them last night! And stunning they were too. Love Like a Sunset was stunning. And the start, with a massive white sheet falling down to the Lisztomania chorus. Don't forget to add If I ever Feel Better to that list too, which is awesome, and they rockified it last night which was xtra-kewl.

Also, the lead singer is going out with Sofia Coppola, which makes for perhaps the best couple ever.

Ashley - Probs was referring to either the live album that was free off the Observer website last week, or else the thing of a kids choir singing Lisztomania, which is awesome, but I can't be bothered to look for it.

Also, Two Door Cinema Club were pretty good support.

And the Roundhouse is awesomewin.

/Gushgushgush

@Chair - I should really listen to her lyrics more. I'm totally missing things. It's just that her vocals are occasionally hard to hear as words rather than notes.

My faverit off HOOM is an unusually short one; On a Good Day, which is just a beaut of a melody.

On a good day you can see the end from here

RE: Chair

I think Easy is made better, or more poignant by the last song on the album, Does Not Suffice. The verse in DNS that stands out in this regard is clearly;

Coats of boucle, jacquard and cashmere;

cartouche and tweed, all silver shot--

and everything that could remind you

of how easy I was not.

The fancy, beauty and magnificence she talks about in Easy seems to have been her undoing in Does Not Suffice (in her eyes, or rather how she thinks her lover/person breaking up with her sees her). Though she blames herself/thinks it's her problem in this song, it's left open to interpretation; earlier on in Easy it's portrayed as the other person not opening up, rather than her being overbearing or not "easy" (shown here by the long descriptions of her clothes and how she packs them away) in Does Not Suffice.

My favourite verse is this though;

The tap of hangers,

swaying in the closet--

unburdened hooks

and empty drawers--

and everywhere I tried to love you

is yours again,

and only yours.

"Unburdened hooks" is one of my favourite images in the entire album, and one of the most simple. Visually, it's brilliant, cause hooks hang up our clothes and suits, what we wear is such a part of us. Now they're unburdened, he'd unburdened now she's gone etc. It's just a wonderful and simple image.

My lord, my love; The fact that Easy opens the album and Does Not Suffice closes it is so significance.

The end of Does Not Suffice is the musical form of the scene in Kelly Rowland's video to Stole, where the girl is crying against a locker.

@Chair - I should really listen to her lyrics more. I'm totally missing things. It's just that her vocals are occasionally hard to hear as words rather than notes.

Often her lyrics add so much.

My faverit off HOOM is an unusually short one; On a Good Day, which is just a beaut of a melody.

On a good day you can see the end from here

Yeah, that's a stunner. It's so poignant, because it's the only short one.

My lord, my love; The fact that Easy opens the album and Does Not Suffice closes it is so significance.

I always assumed you knew.

Also the fact that In California is in the middle (effectively), and Does Not Suffice is actually titled "Does Not Suffice (In California, Refrain.).

Beginning, Middle, End.

Death.

Next Monday will bleed me dry, purchases-wise. These 3 are coming out;

51ftDLwsHiL._SS400_.jpg

All Day Are Nights - Rufus Wainwright

51xCcWMha-L._SS400_.jpg

Here Lies Love - David Byrne and Fatboy Slim

and (possibly)

51JJr8l3CNL._SS400_.jpg

Go - Jonsi

Yay! :yay:

Christina! :D I listened to her new song earlier this evening. :) (hence the avatar)

I'm all for the new album, I can't believe it has been 4 years. :grin:

I spent my evening listening to Miley Cyrus remixes!

Also 7 Things is two plays away from taking over Knights of Cydonia as my most played song and I'm only 200 plays away from my Miley Cyrus 5000 plays Milestone. ^___^

Edited by Coolness Bears

"I'm kissing all the boys and the girls". You're about 3 years late to the bisexual party Aguilera. I'm bored of constantly hearing singers sing about such things as though it's "rebelling". Yawn.

'Meh' song too. Not a patch on Dirrty either, which lyrically seems like it's closest comparison.

"If you ain't dirrty....YOU AIN'T HERE TO PARRRRTAAAAAAAY". I could not love more.

Edited by Slaggis

"I'm kissing all the boys and the girls". You're about 3 years late to the bisexual party Aguilera.

Except...not.

Madonna%20Kisses%20Christina%20Aguilera.jpg