NEurope

I'll get around to it eventually. If someone reminds me next week. I'm currently on a Ruess kick.

^ I sortof like that. I wasn't completely taken with the bits I heard from their new one.

I'm enjoying Goldfrapp's new album. Huge lack of depth, but it's so shiny (and warm).

Makes you want to shimmy.

Newsom is good, I've decided. I particularly like the Joni Mitchell vibe she carries on some of her vocals, and the hints of CSNY in the good intentions paving company

of course, she's much more than her influences but you can definitely pick up on them. Good stuff.

Listen to YS quickly, my heart is heavy as an oil drum.

Her influences are really only present on HOOM.

Don't do it Dan, just for that post above.

Frank Turner was fucking brilliant. Such energy and enthusiasm. Loved every minute of it.

fun. gig reviews

I'll keep it brief as nobody cares but I need an outlet.

Saturday's was definitely better, even if it was at a weird time (1pm). But both were great, had wonderful atmospheres. Saturday's was more intimate, even if it was a bit bigger (but then I suppose being right at the front helped). More chatting/crowd surfing whisky. Plus the classic gig trick of diving the venue up into groups and getting them to sing along to one part of a song that has 3 layers to it. Although everyone sang along all the way through everything. Same on Tuesday. Oh and "This next song is about my parents who I love" *general cheering and clapping* "Bring them next time!" "I would but they're fucking insufferable, you know Andrew." "I have no idea what you're talking about." (yeah one of those 'had to be there' but whatever). Oh wait you can be!

I hate how on Saturday we convinced them to do an encore (although it always feels so faked, everyone knows there will be one) and then people started shouting The Format songs. So disrespectful. They'd already done one (The First Single, and did Dog Problems on Tues and I'd imagine others at the 5 other gigs) but people kept suggesting them. I'd love to hear them live, yes, but as Nate said "I don't know what the fuck you're on about, you've got the wrong band. This is fun.."

I also love how apparently on Friday there was a conversation that went something like this:

Nate: "How about a cover?"

Random audience member: "Lady GaGa" (seriously? Unless it was meant to be ironic its like asking Miley Cyrus to cover Black Sabbath, just so different)

Nate: "Fuck Lady GaGa, we're going to do Radio Gaga"

And after five years of loving The Format/fun. and wishing I could see them play I did. Twice. And will go again at least once in May. And the band are so lovely. Such nice people. They were exhausted and hung over yesterday but still stayed around chatting and signing. I don't care if you pull Wonderland out of your arse during a gig, I'd rather have this kind of intimacy personally.

15012_379373666492_536116492_4108510_572405_n.jpg

(does the bassist look like Razz to anyone else?)

Generic American Indie my arse :heh: I think The Gambler (above) proves that they're at least willing to try different (piano, vocals, violins and violas in album version anyway) to drums, vocals, guitar and bass.

I'll shush now. And yes, that was brief.

Edited by Ashley

She does look a bit like she's hiding a hyper-alloy combat chassis under her skin.

That song is very meh. I like the bit with paint in the video.

---

291gejd.jpg

Been obsessed with his stuff recently. I've had both Want albums for about a year or so, but never really clicked with them as wholes, but I finally have, and have been getting his other stuff as well.

Edited by Paj!

I own most RWainwright albums and never really listen to them. Although gotta love Vibrate and Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk.

I don't understand why it's Vibrate everyone has (I've scanned through tonnes of people iPods to find only that, and maybe Hallelujah, but that doesn't count).

It's nice. But it's no Beautiful Child. (to compare within the album)

Having bled her discography dry, I keep coming back to this song. The lyrics just stun, and the climax is like "Come the fuck on people, we can win this one if we all push hard to our good ones!! COME THE FUCK ON, I'M GOOD IN CLOSE AND AT RANGE."

She's convinced she could hold back a glacier but she couldn't keep baby alive.

Memories of grief.

It was used in Nip/Tuck, maybe that's why?

Although truth be told a lot of his songs I do know and enjoy but forget they exist until I dip back in. Springing to mind; Oh What A Beautiful World and ummm the first few of Want One? I suck at remembering things.

I thought I'd check out Andrew Dost's ex band Anathallo and not bad. Not was I was expecting but nice all the same. Very lazy Sunday music.

Although annoyingly Spotify doesn't have the album I wanted to listen to, Floating World.

Having bled her discography dry, I keep coming back to this song. The lyrics just stun, and the climax is like "Come the fuck on people, we can win this one if we all push hard to our good ones!! COME THE FUCK ON, I'M GOOD IN CLOSE AND AT RANGE."

She's convinced she could hold back a glacier but she couldn't keep baby alive.

Memories of grief.

WantOneRufusWainwright.jpg

--

I've been music blog scouring this evening for new music and remixes. KNIIFE PRRTY intrigue me, as do Glass Candy (though I'd heard bits and bobs of theirs before).

Currently listening to the Jodie Harsh (Is that the one you met Chair?) remix of that new Sophie Ellis Bextor song. I way prefer this mix.

I wonder how Nintendo feel about

. Surprisingly not terrible, given the name makes it sound like it would be a lame joke song.

Just rediscovered this. I loved, and "Maybe" along with it's utterly brilliant video.

Edited by Slaggis

Just rediscovered this. I loved, and "Maybe" along with it's utterly brilliant video.

I used to love Maybe, and I recently remembered that What I Am existed, and remembered enjoying it. Then I listened and hated it. So much.

It just doesn't work in any way...the lyrics are trying to be edgy or something. And her voice is so horrible.

Give me

anyday. :D

----

"You're gonna do my video and do it my WEH

I'd hate for something to happen to your fam-LEH"

"My fami-LEH LEH?"

"That's right, BeyonSAY,

A piano might accident'ly fall on JEH ZEH"

Edited by Paj!

Currently listening to "Fun"... really trying to like the band but for some reason it just feels like they havent nailed their sound properly yet..

Ah okay. Figured but no harm in asking eh? I suppose in one way they're finding their sound together but they've all had extensive experience within the music industry - Nate (lead singer) in The Format, Andrew (piano/french horn/other instruments/other vocals) in Anathallo and Jack (guitar) from Steel Train.

I dunno, I love em. But it was inevitable. I do love each of their previous bands (or current in Jack's case as he's still doing both) separately. Plus their music says so much about me and my life </The Smiths reference>. And they're as nice as free Pie Hole pie.

Just put together rips of all the live in London youtube vids I could find. :D I love the overarching

in this video. Gotta love crowdsurfing whisky.

I swear I'll shut up about last week at some point.

Edited by Ashley

You're like that guy, at parties, who just won't stop talking about how much he loves parties.

And you're like the guy at parties who won't stop talking about how much he hates parties.

I'm also intending to try out the new Alicia Keys, Goldfrapp, Broken Bells albums this week as well as N.E.R.D.'s Seeing Sounds and The Presets' Beams and Apocalypso this week. So its not all fun..

But I had been waiting five years for last week, so I think I'm allowed to be elated :heh:

And you're like the guy at parties who won't stop talking about how much he hates parties.

I'm also intending to try out the new Alicia Keys, Goldfrapp, Broken Bells albums this week as well as N.E.R.D.'s Seeing Sounds and The Presets' Beams and Apocalypso this week. So its not all fun..

But I had been waiting five years for last week, so I think I'm allowed to be elated :heh:

Yeah too right! So constructive MUSIC feedback guys!

On the same-ish note started listening to "Seahorses!" and its got the whole "Eisley" voice but much MUCH more upbeat! awesome!

http://www.myspace.com/seahorsesmusic

ps: this thread break my chrome... (v.4) and it just lags like a bitch on loading the flash players / java..