NEurope

It's not background music if it sets out to ram spikes in your ears. What's that voice doing? I just imagine a horrible guy with horrible hair tilting his head to the side and gargling whilst doing that horrible accent.

In fact I've seen the guy and he looks just like that.

Just gave Ke$ha's Animal album a full listen. It's expectedly terrible, but it an oddly appealing way. It's like the equivalent of going out with the intention of getting completely plastered. You know it's not going to end well, but it's fun whilst it lasts. (Tik Tok, Your Love Is My New Drug, Kiss N Tell, Backstabber and Blah Blah Blah (Feat. 3Oh!3) are delightfully trashy).

--

Rachel Stevens Come & Get It came on shuffle a few days ago and I instantly fell back in love with it. I'm totally clueless as to why it bombed so dramatically, such an unexpectedly brilliant pop album. The fact her first (and horrifyingly average) first album sold infinitely better is such a shame.

Edited by Slaggis

I just imagine a horrible guy with horrible hair tilting his head to the side and gargling whilst doing that horrible accent.

Change the gender and we have...

106978_music-video-lady-gaga-bad-romance.jpg

Anyway. I stand by my point that it was decent background music while I'm doodling. Nice to try out new artists eh? I'll go listen to The Postal Service and Notwist to make up for it. Happy? :heh:

I would concede if the Fireflies song were as technically decent as Lady Gaga's songs. But it's not, it's horrific. It's disgusting, I want to burn it. It's worse than the Twilight saga.

Okay whatever. Just make sure your high horse doesn't kick you in the face during your dismount ;)

Okay whatever. Just make sure your high horse doesn't kick you in the face during your dismount ;)

Oh I know, I'm riding the horse as I speak. But that just shows how much I hate it. I admit to the riding. I refuse to give it any more of my time (I've listened to it 2 times in full), it's so horrid.

---

I'm learning to love the XX. I like it, but I feel there's something missing. But it doesn't ruin it. Hmm.

Oh I know, I'm riding the horse as I speak. But that just shows how much I hate it. I admit to the riding. I refuse to give it any more of my time (I've listened to it 2 times in full), it's so horrid.

---

I'm learning to love the XX. I like it, but I feel there's something missing. But it doesn't ruin it. Hmm.

To be fair, I only listened to Fireflies twice (including the one time I played it on TTR) and went on to listen to some of their other stuff on Spotify. As previously stated, its just middle ground stuff. Like a 6.5. You seem to be getting your knickers in a very big twist about somebody else finding something else okay.

Although what is brilliant is The Notwist - Pick Up The Phone. Mostly because its like a warm feeling rushing over me, flooding me with memories.

I knew I'd seen someone slag them off on facebook

I'm fairly sure that was me:

Letty: "Everyone listen to Owl City"

Me:"You could do it if you have a high tolerance for annoyance. You could also watch Freddy Got Fingered, try to have a socratic discussion with a Jehovas witness, listen to Insane Clown Posse or shoot off your testicles."

They are bad. Like...offensively so.

Me:"You could do it if you have a high tolerance for annoyance. "

I put up with you don't I?

Just gave Ke$ha's Animal album a full listen. It's expectedly terrible, but it an oddly appealing way. It's like the equivalent of going out with the intention of getting completely plastered. You know it's not going to end well, but it's fun whilst it lasts. (Tik Tok, Your Love Is My New Drug, Kiss N Tell, Backstabber and Blah Blah Blah (Feat. 3Oh!3) are delightfully trashy).

She was on 4Music a few weeks back and performed a few of her awful songs, the only impression I got was of some sad little girl who's just found out what alcohol is.

Completely opposite side of the spectrum, just found out The Rev (James Sullivan) drummer of Avenged Sevenfold is dead. Fucking shocking news, one of my favourite bands. RIP.

Completely opposite side of the spectrum, just found out The Rev (James Sullivan) drummer of Avenged Sevenfold is dead. Fucking shocking news, one of my favourite bands. RIP.

Shame. He was a good drummer IMO. The A7X songs on Rock Band are the most fun on drums.

Before anybody asks: No, of course we won't make a thread about this death. But I just might if I want to annoy people. :heh:

You seem to be getting your knickers in a very big twist about somebody else finding something else okay.

No, I'm getting my knickers in a twist about things being horrible. People are into different things to other people. I just spasm in horror and outrage whenever I hear that song.

Shame. He was a good drummer IMO. The A7X songs on Rock Band are the most fun on drums.

Before anybody asks: No, of course we won't make a thread about this death. But I just might if I want to annoy people. :heh:

My favourite A7X song is A Little Piece of Heaven, which was written by him. Though I'm glad I saw them perform it when they supported Iron Maiden a few years back.

Hmm...I'm repeatedly stunned by the simple perfection of this song. If I could, I would experience my entire life through the lens of the mood it creates:

Owl City - Fireflies

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I think it sounds like montage music from a teen romcom, at the end they kiss and the viewers all throw up ;)

No, I'm getting my knickers in a twist about things being horrible. People are into different things to other people. I just spasm in horror and outrage whenever I hear that song.

Okay. It just seemed like "I don't like this band, nobody should!" Its not like I put on Hasselhoff because I left my Neko Case CD in the car.

And furthermore, there was more appalling news; Blunt has the biggest selling album of the decade.

I think it sounds like montage music from a teen romcom, at the end they kiss and the viewers all throw up ;)

I love teen vomit.

Wasn't a fan of it when it was released, but I've suddenly fallen head over heals for Left My Heart In Tokyo. I'm warming to their new single "I Wish" too.

Shame I Wish totally flopped. Hopefully they'll get another single release.

--

I'm loving New York by Paloma Faith too.

Edited by Slaggis

I hate that first song. Mostly because I did leave my heart in Tokyo :p But its lazy. "By the river" clearly suggests they have no fucking idea what they're talking about and just think Tokyo is cool. Like The Villan/Roosterboy (or whatever he's now called) :heh:

And this is blatantly a better song along a similar thematic angle;

Edited by Ashley

My favourite A7X song is A Little Piece of Heaven, which was written by him. Though I'm glad I saw them perform it when they supported Iron Maiden a few years back.

Just heard about this, pretty gutted. It was randomly surfing Kerrang that first got me into them, seeing the video for Dear God. Obviously a different kinda song from their usual, but I love the screaming too, always kinda cheers me up to have a big old shout whenever their songs come on my iPod.

RIP Rev.

Got elbows rereleased "asleep in the back" which has most of the noisebox ep tracks too.

brilliant, brilliant album.

She's like a cross between ReZ, a woman and a cartoon:

At least she makes good music (IMO) is all I can say.

She's like a cross between ReZ, a woman and a cartoon:

At least she makes good music (IMO) is all I can say.

I've been giving the album a proper listen this evening. I love New York, Stone Cold Sober, Do You Want The Truth or Something Beautiful and Romance Is Dead. :)