NEurope

might be seeing Yeah Yeah Yeahs for the paper on Monday. Waiting for the reply now...

^ I dislike the single version of Florence's cover. It's a different vocal from the album version. I removed it from the album regardless, it's obviously jus tag-on after blinding.

And yeah, it adds nothing. And yeah. Candi Staton/The Source is way better.

----

This song makes me so happy.

might be seeing Yeah Yeah Yeahs for the paper on Monday. Waiting for the reply now...

Good work. Recently it was offered to all of us at the leeds student paper music section, usually a couple of people put their hands up for each gig. For YYY at least half the hands in the room shot up for it. Suffice to say I didn't get it.

But I am seeing Lightning Bolt tonight!! Beautiful thrash.

Bad luck. Caught the end of them at Reading waiting for the next band. The leader singer is a banshee.

Bad luck. Caught the end of them at Reading waiting for the next band. The leader singer is a banshee.

Fail.

------

Lisa Mitchell has stuff to tell me.

Whaaaaaaat? They're a brilliant band. The singer oozes awesomeness, man.

I would give my left arm to see them. Hell, I'd even throw Gizmo's left arm in for frees.

They've become a lot more mainstream with the release of It's Blitz!, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I love how I knew how this song went as soon as I heard it for the first time. So familiar to me for some reason.

My friend gave me her playlist on spotify with alot of Yeah yeah yeah's songs on them, I just don't seem to be able to appreciate them.

Their new album isn't as great as their past ones, imo. In fact, I don't think it's even in the same league. :(

That's such a great sound. There just doesn't seem to be the same kind of energy. Bring back that rawness!

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

The first two songs from the new album are quite energetic. But yeah, there's such a buzz about the first.

The first two songs from the new album are quite energetic. But yeah, there's such a buzz about the first.

There's a few nice little bits throughout the album, a good riff here and there. But, I don't think there's any songs that I have listened to and thought "shit, that's awesome!" The first time I ever heard "Turn into" I knew they had created a great song. Black Tongue and Y Control were two other songs where I thought "that's the ticket."

I'm listening to Dull life off the new album, and that's pretty good. As an album though, it doesn't seem very YeahYeahYeah-ish. Maybe it's a grower.

Saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on monday night in Brixton. AWESOME set. Lots of good oldies. The encore was Acoustic Maps with everyone singing along, Art Star!! and a finish on a Date with the night. They also played Y control which is my favourite.

Was the 5th time I've seen them now and along with Bloc Party and the Maccabees they are one of the best live bands EVER. Karen O is immense.

If you guys loved fever to tell, you should pick up their EP's which are even more energetic and raw! prob pick them up for a couple quid now.

Edited by Platty

I saw Muse live here, in Portugal, last Sunday. It was so awesome that a news channel did a news saying that it was the show of the year. And I can confirm it was, with the Nine Inch Nails concert at Paredes de Coura after it.:grin:

I am so jealous of you.

But then, I also have hair. So, balance is restored.

That's cut me deep Flinkington :weep:

;)

Favourite Christmas songs? (Apologies if this has been covered already). Mine would be:

Both brilliant. :)

I don't really want to hear any Christmas songs until we put the decorations up on Sunday. But for now I'll just announce my favourite Chrimbo song is definitely "I Believe in Father Christmas" by Greg Lake.

But the songs up above are indeed brilliant. :)

Christmas music? Well, anything from the Kristin Chenoweth Xmas album such as;

Kristin Chenoweth ft. John Pizzarelli - Sleigh Ride/Marshmallow World

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

(and Sleigh Ride is one of my favourite Xmas songs as it is, so with added Chenoweth bonus is win)

Kristin Chenoweth - I'll Be Home For Christmas

Look at her! I would normally just post the music but really, she's 5 foot nothing of amazingness :D

Dandy Warhols - Little Drummer Boy

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The Format - Holly Jolly Christmas

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And fun. released a Christmas song yesterday that's nice and Beach Boys-ish.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but Boy In Da Corner by Rascal is a quality album. I'm actually surprised! Completely different style of music to holiday/bonkers but probably what he's best at.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but Boy In Da Corner by Rascal is a quality album. I'm actually surprised! Completely different style of music to holiday/bonkers but probably what he's best at.

Well those days are over as he's said he's continuing in the Tongue N Cheek direction.

FIX UP LOOK SHAAARP!

*has memories of Yoyogi Park*

Just heard Let's Do It by Alanis Morissette for the first time. Probably the worst song I've ever heard. I'm sorry, but WTF was she thinking?

Less shite musical numbers, more dark, jarring songs like Joining You, Can't Not and I Was Hoping please!

To be fair, she was having a laugh. A la My Humps.

It's horrible yeah, she just sings "Let's do it" as a phrase really annoyingly.

I love her cover of Seal's Crazy though. Sounds like a song she could have wrote.

To be fair, she was having a laugh. A la My Humps.

It's horrible yeah, she just sings "Let's do it" as a phrase really annoyingly.

I love her cover of Seal's Crazy though. Sounds like a song she could have wrote.

Agreed on all fronts. I love Mercy too.

-----

Really enjoying Laura Veirs' 2007 album Saltbreakers at the moment. Probably not as good as Year Of Meteors, but still worth my time.