NEurope

Well I'm not a massive Beyoncé fan to begin with anyway so that's probably why. And don't get me wrong, I don't think The Fame is particularly good in a technical sense at all, but in the same way people go to whores for cheap thrills, it was dirty and I liked it.

Beyonce could do wrong ever since the release of Survivor.

Yes.

(I love the propheticalness of the line "You thought I wouldn't sell without you, I've sold 9 million.")

Haha how strange! I had that in my head, for no apparent reason earlier in Tesco!

I think most of Lady GaGa's new stuff is decidedly less "Ooh Catchy" than her last album, but I do like the production.

Going on from my post of LostAlone, found this again. And by found this again, I mean I heared it a few weeks and loved it and then my listenings changed due to moods but found it again while listening to other stuff:

Lyrics aren't that great but the general beat is fantastic. Really catchy. Must remember to pick up the album thats on.

Bought Magical Mystery Tour by The Beatles today. I love Hello Goodbye, hearing most of the other songs for the first time.

Listening to some Beatles as well. I've got The White Album on at the mo, but I'm going to whack on Let It Be in a minute.

Kerrang! TV used to play that song a year back. But every time they played it it came up as "Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet". Every time. Cue confusion and "Wha?"

Now I know what that song is called. I thank you. :smile:

I just bought Gold Digger by Kanye West.

Imma let you finish, but Muse has the best album of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!1

But seriously, its damn good.

(i know i quoted this from ages ago but I couldn't resist :P)

Edited by Raining_again

Hercules & Love Affair remixed GaGa's new single = Me intrigued.

However, it's really uninteresting and boring. I hoped for a good remix to make me like the song more.

Another Lady Gaga leaked.

Amazing. Loving this more than Bad Romance. Though, when it that came on last night in the club I could have died. Freaking brilliant. Same with Britney's 3.

A song like a fountain of greatness:

--------

I'm so very much a fan of Telephone. I just love how its so layered, and its like everyone's on the dancefloor screaming at once, and not even Beyonce, despite her overwhelming presence, can calm people down.

As a fan of there first two albums, the impending release of their new effort has somewhat snuck up on me. Anyway, just trawling through their myspace updates, I came across this video for one of the songs from said new album.

The Bravery - Hatefuck

It's not the lead single from the album, which has a trippy video of it's own, but it's the better song in my book. The video's a bit on the dark side but it matches the tone of the song. Whilst the second album's music had the darker sounding nature, the tempo is more keeping with songs from their first.

Never understood how these guys just disappeared after being tipped for unbelievable success. Everyone was raving about them and then... poof! gone into thin air unless you went looking for them.

Deserving of so much more...

Tegan and Sara played the exact same setlist as Chair posted, less fun, but still good.

The most stunning bit was when Tegan left synth playing duties, halting Night Watch, to tell people to stop fighting (dunno how a fight breaks out at a T and S concert, but it did). Then they both went on a great tirade about how shit shouldn't happen, then they picked back up where they left off, but with a massive outro instead of the rest of the song, in their words "Pink Floyd-ish". Was blinding.

Call It Off was brilliant. The audience sang the first verse and chorus without either sister. :)

----

I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but The Execution Of All Things by Rilo Kiley is probably in my top 5 albums ever. I was introduced to them via their last album which is so awful in comparison. It's remarkable how different they are.

Execution...sounds like the trip that I never took through the dirt roads of america, and the life as a slightly lonely yet ever-surrounded by friends musician I'll never be.

The Good That Won't Come Out tell me truths I'd rather not hear (but are great), every song is just takes your breath away, then gives it back again, leaving you full of brim.

Tegan and Sara played the exact same setlist as Chair posted, less fun, but still good.

The most stunning bit was when Tegan left synth playing duties, halting Night Watch, to tell people to stop fighting (dunno how a fight breaks out at a T and S concert, but it did). Then they both went on a great tirade about how shit shouldn't happen, then they picked back up where they left off, but with a massive outro instead of the rest of the song, in their words "Pink Floyd-ish". Was blinding.

Call It Off was brilliant. The audience sang the first verse and chorus without either sister. :)

----

I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but The Execution Of All Things by Rilo Kiley is probably in my top 5 albums ever. I was introduced to them via their last album which is so awful in comparison. It's remarkable how different they are.

Execution...sounds like the trip that I never took through the dirt roads of america, and the life as a slightly lonely yet ever-surrounded by friends musician I'll never be.

The Good That Won't Come Out tell me truths I'd rather not hear (but are great), every song is just takes your breath away, then gives it back again, leaving you full of brim.

A post filled with too many truths.

I wish I had seen a stunning improv. The most exciting thing they did was play the first few bars of Back In Your Head without the piano (Tegan forgot to play - which was lol), which was a great twist.

Just got back from Tegan and Sara. I've never before been in a room filled with so many lesbians. It was about 70:30 women:men, and you could tell 80% of the women there were there solely because Tegan and Sara are lesbians, and look hot. Kinda sad. Reeked of sweat too.

The bolded ones were really good. Night Watch and On Directing sounded so perfect. And seeing their facial expressions when singing them left me blind.

Seems like the same setlist at Manchester as well. So many lesbians there, never seen so many, I felt strange what with there only being about 10 men there. Disapointing lack of actual T&S fans there though :( was expecting most to be fans but hardly anyone seemed to know lyrics. And it was far bigger than I hoped / thought it would be.

Nonetheless, great show. Great banter as always, the bassist randomly did a handstand cause they made him. And at one point they messed up and stopped halfway through, joked about it, talked about getting a teleprompter for shows, and someone shouted 'or you could learn the lyrics', then Sara mocked and copied his English accent which was pretty great :D

I was abit too tired and ill-feeling to fully appreciate though, had a big journey over from leeds to manchester. Just about worth it, tho we nearly missed the last train / bus home.

Night Watch stunned me too, very impressed.

Yeah, it's quite good. There were 4 different t-shirts on offer. I bought 2 (the red one (which I'm not so happy with - looks a bit cheap?) and the black one (which stuns me)), and I bought the badge set.

The red one looked awesome, though cheap when you looked close. Alas Im a ginger so cant get away with wearing red. The black one was great but didnt have a big TEGAN AND SARA on the front, so i ended up getting the white + badge set + (now crushed) poster. Awesome sauce.

T

Agreed. That was rather amazing.

I just really dislike Call It Off as a song. The worst song on The Con by a long way IMO.

A track from Emilie Simon's new album.

Another Lady Gaga leaked songs:

So far from the leaked songs that I like are Speechless, Monster and Dance in the dark.

Edited by Dante

My Internet fails, so I've just managed to load the HQ Alejandro after about half an hour. Has to be one of her best songs, absolutely love it to bits. I'm loving Monster too, especially the final half.

Screw it, it may just be my favourite.

Edited by Slaggis

Disapointing lack of actual T&S fans there though :( was expecting most to be fans but hardly anyone seemed to know lyrics. And it was far bigger than I hoped / thought it would be.

Seriously? Everyone last night (at least in the standing bit) knew all the words. I was left dazed, beautiful and bruised for not knowing every lyric to Paperback Head.

There was a disproportionate amount of lesbians..I refuse to believe they ALL liked the music, and weren't just there because T and S are lez. Hmm.

--

Good lord. I could love this new Tori Amos album...I was so disillusioned. What Child, Nowell is holding me under.

Seriously? Everyone last night (at least in the standing bit) knew all the words. I was left dazed, beautiful and bruised for not knowing every lyric to Paperback Head.

So jealous. I think it was prob cause we weren't that far forward. Massive venue aswell, surprised they filled it.

Early for this but as I've had to it already for the student paper, pasted below is my year in lists.

SONGS o' the year

1 - Velvet - Big Pink

2 - Moth - Burial & Four Tet

3 - Wet Hair - Japandroids

4 - In for the Kill - La Roux (Skream remix)

5 - Blood Bank - Bon Iver

6 - Counterpoint - Delphic

7 - Daniel - Bat for Lashes

8 - Golden Rule - Biffy Clyro

9 - One More Chance - Bloc

10 - Im Not Alone - Calvin Harris

ALBUMS o’ the year

1 - Manners - Passion Pit

2 - Duke Pandemonium - Marmaduke Duke

3 - The XX - The XX

4 - Two Dancers - Wild Beasts

5 - Hospice - Antlers

6 - Sainthood - Tegan and Sara

7 - Hey Everyone! - Danananananakroyd

8 - Lungs - Florence and the Machine

9 - Post Nothings - Japandroids

10 - The Pains of Being Young and Pure at Heart (self titled)

Several greats.

Listening to The Fame Monster by Lady GaGa as we speak. They spruced up Alejandro a bit for the actual album, think I preferred the demo.

Them Crooked Vultures' newly released debut album is the shit. But obviously Lady Gaga is more important, so I'll slowly back away out of this thread.

I don't know why seeing as I don't recall ever hearing any of their songs but for some reason I really feel the need to listen to Them Crooked Vultures.

Just got back from seeing Lily Allen. I love her. She seems amazingly cute in person too. Fuck You, Oh My God, Naive, Who'd Have Known, Knock Em Out, The Fear, Not Fair, 22 are all brilliant...or at least the first few that pop into my mind.