NEurope

The second album is awesome, imo. Your time has come really is a great choon. Hearing that live would be heavenly

Definately my favourite song on the second album. Although it is close, most songs on that album are awesome.

*tsk* There always after me lucky charm! :rolleyes:

In the words of Warden Pope from Prison Break Series 1: "You'll never make it past the wall!"

Definately my favourite song on the second album. Although it is close, most songs on that album are awesome.

The first time I ever heard "Be Yourself" I came close to orgasm. Screw whatever Dan Dare says. He just wants Soundgarden inside him. Screw you, Benny!

In the words of Warden Pope from Prison Break Series 1: "You'll never make it past the wall!"
Well I don't have to remind you how that one turned out! Oh Yeah!! ;)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Them Crooked Vultures - Mind Eraser, No Chaser

Go download it for free from the iTunes store!

Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Queens of the Stone Age), Josh Homme (Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age), John Paul Jones (Led Fucking Zeppelin) come together to form the best band ever. Their self titled album should be out around the 17th of November. I am hyped as FUCK.

fun. - All The Pretty Girls" video

:D Been waiting ages as stills went up a few months ago. Not quite what I was expecting but the last 45 seconds make up for it;

And I know nobody cares about them really but they did state in some live chat last night that Tegan and Sara "saved music" and are hoping to do a cover of them soon (apparently one band member, who is in another band too, covered Call It Off at a recent gig, although Dark Come Soon was also suggested). The lead singer also stated that "Party Down" is the best new show since "Arrested Development". I'm in fanlove :D

Why is nothing I want on Spotify today? Namely Miniature Tigers and The Pop Project. Spotify officially sucks :p

Edited by Ashley

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Them Crooked Vultures - Mind Eraser, No Chaser

Go download it for free from the iTunes store!

Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Queens of the Stone Age), Josh Homme (Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age), John Paul Jones (Led Fucking Zeppelin) come together to form the best band ever. Their self titled album should be out around the 17th of November. I am hyped as FUCK.

I almost forgot about this! :o and now it's almost out, nice... I liked what I heard, I'm glad that these three legends decided to form up, all three sound on top-form and it's good that Dave Grohl is devoting some time to this because honestly, I prefer this to the Foo's latest 'inbetween' song Wheels...

Pre-Ordered! :D

Edited by S.C.G

Sainthood by Teege and Saer arrived, just importing now. Shaking, weeping etc.

Listening to Come by Prince, and it's really "...". Nice to have on in the background, but I do know that it basically an album the record company released without any input from him or something. I'm distressed when songs are needlessly long. The title track (and first track on the album) is 12 minutes for no reason. And it's unsettling that I'm not sure in what respect he's referring to "come".

fun. - All The Pretty Girls" video

:D Been waiting ages as stills went up a few months ago. Not quite what I was expecting but the last 45 seconds make up for it;

I dislike this "school" of band - fronted by a generic American male vocalist, singing about nothing that interests me.

And I know nobody cares about them really but they did state in some live chat last night that Tegan and Sara "saved music" and are hoping to do a cover of them soon (apparently one band member, who is in another band too, covered Call It Off at a recent gig, although Dark Come Soon was also suggested). The lead singer also stated that "Party Down" is the best new show since "Arrested Development". I'm in fanlove :D

Tegan and Sara are actually so good. Anyone that hasn't heard them are missing out.

They're really down-to-earth, yet do blinding music.

I dislike this "school" of band - fronted by a generic American male vocalist, singing about nothing that interests me.

Tegan and Sara are actually so good. Anyone that hasn't heard them are missing out.

They're really down-to-earth, yet do blinding music.

I'd call The Format/fun. more than just generic, at least lyrically. There's more depth than your average generic song. For instance, the last song on the new album refers back to their very first song eight years ago. I love self-referentiality/intertextuality within songs.

They say that everyone has a band that feels as if they are writing "about/to them" directly and The Format/fun. are mine. It is to me, as you would say, stunning. :)

But as I said, I know im in a minority. But if everyone else can occasionally fanwank then so can I :p

Currently listening to Animal Collective. Nice in a background music kind of way.

Edited by Ashley

I need to let the new Tegan and Sara mull a few more days, it's so different to their other albums, it's hard to guage. I like it, but it's very fast-paced and hard to take time to just sit.

I'm listening to Leona Lewis' new album because I love the album cover so much. Pretty sure I gave her first one a single listen then never again (outside Bleeding Love), but I prefer the production on this one.

Instead of asking why I'm planning on listening to Van Halen all afternoon, it's probably best to ask yourself why you aren't.

Instead of asking why I'm planning on listening to Van Halen all afternoon, it's probably best to ask yourself why you aren't.

One very important question must be asked. What era of Van Halen are you listening too? Dave or Sam? or maybe both ?

I intend to spend the afternoon learning/fighting with Maya. Something like Air is much more fitting :p

One very important question must be asked. What era of Van Halen are you listening too? Dave or Sam? or maybe both ?

I'm just hitting the Spotify discography edit with impunity.

Picked up Bon Jovi's new album, The Circle. Just about given it a whole listen and I like it. Particular highlights for me so far are Superman Tonight and Live Before You Die.

I can't stop listening to Mumford and Sons. They've got some great songs, and I seem to really love folk-like music haha. I -need- their album now.

Here's some live versions (recorded in a bookshop :love: ).

The Cave

White Blank Page

I'm listening to Leona Lewis' new album because I love the album cover so much. Pretty sure I gave her first one a single listen then never again (outside Bleeding Love), but I prefer the production on this one.

I love it compared to Spirit, which though not terrible just wasn't really my thing. I Got You and Outta My Head are fantastic. Especially Outta My Head, it's screaming to be a single.

--

I love Broken Heels by Alexandra Burke lots. I know I shouldn't, but I don't care. I have no shame.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Slaggis

Can't go wrong with a bit of classic Van Halen, Eruption is astounding for it's time

GaGa - Dance In The Dark

"Inject me baby, I'm a free bitch!"

And then there's a 30 second preview of the Bad Romance video:

The Fame: Monster will now not be a re-release. It's now a standalone album...no idea if that means they'll be more tracks added. But I'm thinking 8 is easily enough.

Edited by Slaggis

Hmm I think that's the first time I've given them a proper listen... and I like, quite a bit, the build up is indeed good though Idk... there's something about their voices... partly sounds lovely but grates in places :/ I'm just not used to their sound I guess but I could see myself listening to more.

An old one of Tegan and Sara's. I love how it builds up towards the end.

Sounds like they're singing like Tori Amos or something...not how they usually sing. Being old that makes sense. I like though.

S.C.G try The Con (the album) or So Jealous (album), those are good starting points.

New album is out next Monday. Looking forward to it. If its half as good as Uncle B I'll enjoy it at least half as much as I enjoyed Uncle B.