NEurope

Dan Likes Trees - I'm going to buy Sainthood, and I know that If I downloaded it, I would never buy it. I promise myself that I will, but I know I won't. I'm happy to wait. I always wait if it's an artist I really love (and would want the CD of anyway).

go with either parade, sign o the times or around the world in a day. fantastic albums, especially parade.

I heard (somewhere) that Parade wasn't that great. I have a bid on Sign O' The Times as we speak, as that seems to be regarded as the best, and I've been listening to bits of Dirty Mind (When You Were Mine love) and the Love Symbol album on Spotify. But yeah, big Prince mood atm.

---

Been listening to Alejandro by Gag over and over, and I quite like it. Not great lyrically, or as tight as her big singles on The Fame, but aurally I like it. And I wanna get a hold of Bad Romance, but it seems impossible to "find".

Edited by Paj!

Michael Buble's new album is pretty alright. And I'll be damned, but Alexandra Burke's new album is quite catchy too. It's certainly inoffensive to the ears.

One perk of working in a music shop is getting to listen to all the newly released albums each week. And several times over, too, meaning I get to give them a fair chance. It's really helping diversify my music taste actually. Love it.

I heard (somewhere) that Parade wasn't that great. I have a bid on Sign O' The Times as we speak, as that seems to be regarded as the best, and I've been listening to bits of Dirty Mind (When You Were Mine love) and the Love Symbol album on Spotify. But yeah, big Prince mood atm.

you heard wrong. very wrong. this album, along with SOTT, doesn't sound completely dated like his other 80s albums. not to say they are bad tho

Edited by or else you will DIE

Michael Buble's new album is pretty alright. And I'll be damned, but Alexandra Burke's new album is quite catchy too. It's certainly inoffensive to the ears.

One perk of working in a music shop is getting to listen to all the newly released albums each week. And several times over, too, meaning I get to give them a fair chance. It's really helping diversify my music taste actually. Love it.

Wait til Now 50-whatever (60-whatever?) comes out :heh: The bane of working at Woolworths.

you heard wrong. very wrong. this album, along with SOTT, doesn't sound completely dated like his other 80s albums. not to say they are bad tho

Cool, actually just got Parade, forgot about the existence of Kiss, despite it being one of his biggest singles. :p

Also got Lovesexy (which sounded great), and Around The World In a Day. Trying to catch them all.

--

I gace the first few tracks on Alexandra Burke's album a listen (my cousin bought it) and thought it was dissapointing. Bad Boys is shit (no.1 wut) but I assumed that was just "the single", but the next 2 songs were also bad. I'll listen in full at some point though.

We're not allowed to illegally download at uni (it's like the uni's number 1 policy or something) and they can fine you up to £100 if they catch you peer-to-peering (they can see how much bandwidth you use). I have no idea if they can see what I download from the internet, but it's not really worth it. I'll just wait till the holidays to do all my downloading.

Anyway, I'm going to buy Sainthood when it's out. I'm saving all my loving for you.

Dan Likes Trees - I'm going to buy Sainthood, and I know that If I downloaded it, I would never buy it. I promise myself that I will, but I know I won't. I'm happy to wait. I always wait if it's an artist I really love (and would want the CD of anyway).

Fair enoof. I pretend I'll buy it but im probably too cheap really. Wanna see what you guys think of it, I'm not sure about it yet, certainly no Con.

Couple of tracks I love though, Northshore, and I now love Hell, aside from the dull chorus

So recently I've been listening to Midwinter Graces by Tori Amos. Probably way too early for a christmas album, and it does feel unseasonal but Star of Wonder sounds gorgeous on the Wurlitzer organ with middle eastern strings and drums. I also think it suits how her voice has changed too. The other ones are nice too, I'm just not feeling it at the moment. Will come back to it after bonfire night.

Show Your Bones by Yeah Yeah Yeahs is great, so nice listening to, makes me want to get up and smash stuff in a good way, for fun. Gold Lion, Yes.

Also relistened to No Wow by The Kills and definitely prefer Midnight Boom now. It just feels a bit more polished with more stand out tracks. I love their sound and how they have such chemistry.

Guilty pleasures: Sweet Dreams by Beyoncé, never liked it before, but with some down and dirty bass it sounds great. Like the Michael Jacksonesque synthy sounds at the beginning. Lastly, Bad Boys by Alexandra Burke. Blame Haggis. :p

Edited by Razz

Guilty pleasures: Sweet Dreams by Beyoncé, never liked it before, but with some down and dirty bass it sounds great. Like the Michael Jacksonesque synthy sounds at the beginning. Lastly, Bad Boys by Alexandra Burke. Blame Haggis. :p

Hah! I knew you'd end up liking it in the end. Same with Sweet Dreams, I remember saying how I loved it and you totally disagreeing. Being right is fun. :p

--

Leona's new album is available for preview on Amazon. I really didn't like her first effort apart from the still brilliant Bleeding Love and to a lesser extent Better In Time. But wow, it sounds a million times better. I Got You, Outta My Head (Up-tempo Leona, finally) sound especially lovely.

I kind of love the cd cover too, just because it's so...not Leona.

Leona-Lewis-Album-Cover-Echo.jpg

Edited by Slaggis

So recently I've been listening to Midwinter Graces by Tori Amos. Probably way too early for a christmas album, and it does feel unseasonal but Star of Wonder sounds gorgeous on the Wurlitzer organ with middle eastern strings and drums. I also think it suits how her voice has changed too. The other ones are nice too, I'm just not feeling it at the moment. Will come back to it after bonfire night.

Everyone seems to be pleasantly suprised by it's quality (at least on @forums, the tori forum I mainly go on), but I'm waiting to buy it, cause as I mentioned above, I wouldn't get around to spending the money if I already had it on my computer. Semi-looking foward to it, mostly not bothered.

Also relistened to No Wow by The Kills and definitely prefer Midnight Boom now. It just feels a bit more polished with more stand out tracks. I love their sound and how they have such chemistry.

I've never listened to No Wow in a single sitting, it's quite demanding. Keep On Your Mean Side is my fave album of theirs by far, and IMO, combines the best of both the ones you mentioned.

I've never listened to No Wow in a single sitting, it's quite demanding. Keep On Your Mean Side is my fave album of theirs by far, and IMO, combines the best of both the ones you mentioned.

No Wow is their best, IMO. Reading the Spotify/All Music Guide review of the album is stunning, since it tells me so many truths.

It's hard to believe that the Kills could sound even darker, tighter, and more stripped-down than they did on Keep on Your Mean Side, but somehow they managed it: No Wow is one of the most highly concentrated rock albums in a long, long time. In fact, its tight focus and barely relenting intensity make Keep on Your Mean Side's more traditional ebb and flow feel downright slack. The band's throbbing guitars, to-the-point rhythms, and sexy, dangerous lyrics have been simmered and tempered down to their barest essences, so much so that No Wow often feels like a stark, stylized caricature of rock. Less is usually more for the Kills, though, and they sound more powerful, more confident, and more distinctive here than they did on their debut. "No Wow" itself is a fantastic opener, a powerful statement of intent and of curdled but still compelling love (or lust), the likes of which hasn't been heard since Rid of Me's title track. From there, the album doesn't let up until the sweetly narcotized "I Hate the Way You Love, Pt. 2." Most of No Wow feels like monochromatic variations on the same sounds and themes -- monochromatic, but not monotonous. Wisely, the Kills have chosen to let their drum machine sound like a drum machine, giving songs like "Love Is a Deserter" a skeletal clatter for a backbone, and others, such as "The Good Ones" and "Sweet Cloud," a piston-like thrust. The magnificently taut "Dead Road 7" adds shades of menacing, mysterious country/blues storytelling to the band's songwriting, a direction they should pursue more. At times, No Wow can feel a little too compressed and high-contrast for its own good -- the album downplays the poppier moments that balanced Keep on Your Mean Side's onslaughts. However, since there are so few soft, slow songs here, they're thrown into even sharper relief. "Rodeo Town" is one of the loveliest, and grittiest, ballads that the band has written, and "Ticket Man" ends the album on a hypnotic, reflective note. And though Hotel's vocals are also downplayed (and missed), it has to be said that VV does a compelling job of handling the lioness' share of the singing. A tight, mean set of songs, No Wow feels like a fight going on in a closet -- there's no room for punches to swing, but all of the shoving and grappling makes just as big an impact.

No Wow is their best, IMO. Reading the Spotify/All Music Guide review of the album is stunning, since it tells me so many truths.

They had me at Rid of Me

Of me

Of me*

*this line is sung to the tune of Hello by Beyonce

---

The title track from Charlotte Gainsbourg's new album I.R.M is available for free download from her website.

For those who've never heard of her, she's an singer/actress, who was in Lars Von Trier's Antichrist and did the spoken bit on What If Feels Like For A Girl by Madonna.

Video for You've Got The Love by Florence and the Machine

Logical as a single, but strangely not the album version of the song, apparently it's the B-side recording of it. I think I prefer this one anyway.

I never really got why it was so rated above her own songs (this being a cover). Cosmic Love, Howl etc are far better.

The title track from Charlotte Gainsbourg's new album I.R.M is available for free download from her website.

For those who've never heard of her, she's an singer/actress, who was in Lars Von Trier's Antichrist and did the spoken bit on What If Feels Like For A Girl by Madonna.

WHERE ARE YOU!? YOU BASTARD!

Personally I think Between Two Lungs is the best song on Florence's album, yet i'm struggling to find anyone that agrees with me! Just can't get over the song's crescendo near the end especially.

Personally I think Between Two Lungs is the best song on Florence's album, yet i'm struggling to find anyone that agrees with me! Just can't get over the song's crescendo near the end especially.

It's very incongruous, but good. Not quite as "WOWOWOWOWOW!" as a lot of others I keep harking on about (Cosmic Love, Howl, Rabbit etc) but still good.

I chop off YGTL from my copy on iTunes, it's obviously just an add-on at the end, and sounds completely out of place.

Oh...

...my...

...god!

If this is what Muse's live shows are going to be like, I can't fucking wait! :grin: I bet stuwii will have a lot to say about this. :heh:

If this is what Muse's live shows are going to be like, I can't fucking wait! :grin: I bet stuwii will have a lot to say about this. :heh:

He would if he hadn't got himself permenantly banned from The Music Thread lolol. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So Martha Wainwright has a new album coming out in November :o complete news to me, I just happened to find it on Play but the thing is all is not as it seems...

All of the songs are gonna be in French as it's described on the front cover as her 'Piaf Record' which I'm guessing is a reference to the late Edith Piaf as some/most/all of the songs on the album seem to be covers of her work, anyway here's a vid I found...

Interestingly though she's opted not to cover perhaps Edth's most well-known song Non, je ne regrette rien anyway, I know it won't be of interest to all but just figured I'd post it. :)

Edited by S.C.G

I cannot stop listening to Bad Romance. From 3 minutes onwards, it's totally freaking orgasmic with a decent pair of headphones.

I cannot stop listening to Bad Romance. From 3 minutes onwards, it's totally freaking orgasmic with a decent pair of headphones.

I need to listen to it more, as I can't remember how it goes, apart from the amazing russian opening bit (well, the radio edit opening). I like the production on both it and Alejandro though, kinda like...walls of crunchiness. And she said they're "european", which I can hear.

I need to listen to it more, as I can't remember how it goes, apart from the amazing russian opening bit (well, the radio edit opening). I like the production on both it and Alejandro though, kinda like...walls of crunchiness. And she said they're "european", which I can hear.

Have you got the Demo version, or the now leaked "proper" version? The actual single release is a million times better. I'm giving Alejandro a proper try now, I need a HQ version of it. Oh god, the chorus to Alejandro is equally amazing.

Have you got the Demo version, or the now leaked "proper" version? The actual single release is a million times better. I'm giving Alejandro a proper try now, I need a HQ version of it. Oh god, the chorus to Alejandro is equally amazing.

I have the actual Bad Romance, radio edit and Album version. Never listened to the demo one.

I don't think Bad Romance will be as successful as her other singles though. The album cover(s) to Fame Monster are great though.

I have the actual Bad Romance, radio edit and Album version. Never listened to the demo one.

I don't think Bad Romance will be as successful as her other singles though. The album cover(s) to Fame Monster are great though.

Thats exactly what I thought at first. But, the chorus is terrifyingly infectious, so I can see it being like Pokerface and working it's way up the charts slowly whilst managing to stay there for a hell of a long time. Just heard the album version intro...so much better. Just so much...softer.

Then again, it's a cert for a high chart position considering her supposed X-Factor performance at some point.

This randomly popped into my head a few minutes ago;

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Don McLean - Vincent

Wonderful song. Reminds me of one of my friends too (although to be fair, so does Oasis and The Beatles so... a lot of songs do).

Also listening to Friendly Fires' mix of Phoenix's 'Fences'. Not bad.

Just listened to the new King of Convenience. Nice and laid back, as usual really. Still, good stuff :)

And can anyone know that classical piece of music (not The Thong Song) used on the newest Glee episode? Tried googling around but no mention.

Edited by Ashley