NEurope

Its a crafty album Paj. Playing itself when you're not paying attention.

And I feel the same with Illinoise. Wonderful album but seems to require two 'sittings'. Some amazing song names though.

Its a crafty album Paj. Playing itself when you're not paying attention.

Oh. I was talking about She WolfLOLOLOLOLOL

I really randomly first heard of Saint Etienne today! Coincidence! I've not listened yet though.

I never knew the rapport would stretch that far.

I kept meaning to listen to them, but never did until today. Always loved that album cover though.

Edited by Paj!

"Lucy Liu...with my girl Drew. Cameron D and Destiny. Charlie's Angels come on!"

Incredibly funny in a club!

"Girl I din't know you could git down like dat! Charlie how your angels git down like dat!"

EDIT: (This morning) *Sober Facepalm*

Edited by Razz

This is what I've been listening to today:

One of the best songs ever, by one of the best bands ever. Really, it's just such a great song. I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it or Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Behemoth are actually fucking fantastic, and that sounds absolutely nothing at all like them. I call fake.

Listened to Foxbase Alpha yesterday, now listening to

fbbcover.jpg

Which is the just released remix album of Foxbase Alpha (17 years later!) by Richard X and/or Xenomania. Lovely.

It hit me a few weeks ago just how much I adore Love At First Sight by Kylie. Without realising it, it's the most played track on my iPhone. Honestly didn't think I listened to it so much, but apparently so.

The production, the first verse, her voice, the video (I love the start with the stairs and running toward the camera)...just everything. Amazing song.

(In Your Eyes is amazing too)

Edited by Slaggis

That's what this thread needed: Some UB40! Nice one Goafer! :grin:

There is also their excellent versions of

and

Man, Birmingham produce some great bands sometimes...

Leona Lewis - Happy

I can't help but love this. It sounds amazing when played uber loud, especially the last 30 seconds or so.

Lily Allen - Who'd Have Known

I wish she'd have done Chinese or Never Gonna Happen instead. Still, lovely song. I love the "There's just the right amount of awkward, and today...you accidentally called me baby. Are you mine?" line.

Edited by Slaggis

Hang about and, uh, generally fuck whatever you're doing.

Boys Noize has a new album out.

spotify:album:1EzRLngmKtlyIPKs7bAjRy

Hurrah!

Loving Athlete's newest single, Superhuman Touch. Use to properly love them but this song has definitely rediscovered my fondness for them.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Lady GaGa - Bad Romance.

Amazingly brilliant/ridiculous. I didn't hear it at first, but I love when she screams "I'm a free bitch baby" at about 2:15.

The last minute and a half is fantastic. Thanks for giving me a heads up on "Alejandro" Paj, it's brilliant. Cannot wait for the rest of the album now.

She's also releasing a single with Beyonce, it's an official remix of "Videophone" from I am...Sasha Fierce. with an added GaGa written verse. They just finished recording the video, so it should be out pretty soon.

Edited by Slaggis

Lily Allen - Who'd Have Known

Lol that was actually a great video! Not what I would have expected at all. Especially found the pizza bit made me laugh for some reason. She looks so much like my cousin that I actually get weirded out because it looks likes she's actually in the video. Weird.

Also could they have gotten a worse Elton John lookalike?!

I wish she'd have done Chinese or Never Gonna Happen instead. Still, lovely song. I love the "There's just the right amount of awkward, and today...you accidentally called me baby. Are you mine?" line.

Haha love it!

So I really enjoy the Bowie album someone here (sorry for forgetting your name) suggested to me: Ziggy Stardust. Can someone recommend another decent Bowie album? I've heard his music varies a lot throughout his career so don't want to end up with something completely different. I want to grow into him... ew, that sounds disgusting.

it leaked a few days ago

Lol, I looked for it a couple days ago to no avail. I suck.

In other news, saw Big Pink the other night. They were alright.

Also could they have gotten a worse Elton John lookalike?!

Haha love it!

They honestly couldn't have done, which kind of makes it even more hilarious. Hehe, I thought you might.

So I really enjoy the Bowie album someone here (sorry for forgetting your name) suggested to me: Ziggy Stardust. Can someone recommend another decent Bowie album? I've heard his music varies a lot throughout his career so don't want to end up with something completely different. I want to grow into him... ew, that sounds disgusting.

No problem. Hunky Dory is probably the most similar, although each of his classic albums transcend so many genres. I'd also recommend getting Heroes, Low, Scary Monsters and The Man Who Sold The World. How did you find Ready to Die?

Oh, it was you, Hem, sorry for forgetting your name!

Thanks for recommending some more Bowie albums, I'll be sure to check them out.

I absolutely loved Ready to Die!

I really wasn't expecting to enjoy it, I've only heard a few bits of Biggie which I've not liked too much.

But it was brilliant!

There were some amazing tracks on it, but what stunned me the most was the album as a whole.

Such a brilliant album... quite amazed.

Ice Cube was also good, but I was kind of expecting to enjoy that considering I like NWA.

Also, how annoying is it that I started a new line with a space in-between for each sentence?

I think I might type like this from now on.

Thanks again, Hem!