NEurope

Allthough...Reach Out is far from a Duff classic, if we stop lying. The sample is tired, and the song flimsy. With Love is up there with Stranger, Come Clean (2005 Mix), Our Lips Our Sealed, So Yesterday, Wake Up etc.

So underrated. / My guilty pleasure. :D

I'm aware it's terrible, but I adore it anyway. My fetish for slutty pop won't allow me not to. Yes! I love So Yesterday so damn much.

Death Cab luvvin'? Bright Eyes, Manchester Orchestra, The Novemberists and... well, honestly just ask Shorty as he rocks the sombre lot.

I Know You're Married, But I've Got Feelings Too by Martha Wainwright is pretty awesome...don't have/never heard the self-titled one.

I'd highly recommend it :) I only borrowed it but now I've ordered it along with her more recent album that you mentioned, they are both in a 'best of noughties' sle thing on Play.com atm, both £6.99 but both out of stock :/ ordered anyway though.

My favourite song.

It is rather wonderful. ^^

Yeah, Set The Fire To The Third Bar is far and away the best on that album. I always quite liked Open Your Eyes too though.

---

Giving My Maudlin Career by Camera Obscura a good listen, it's very nice, very satisfying, kinda mellow but big band-y whilst having pop sensibilites? I'm just talking crap. But whoever the singer is has a lovely voice.

---

Also, I love Shakira's new album. It's only 9 tracks long, the other 3 being just spanish versions of the previous tracks, which feels so hilarious. It's not up to the standard of Laundry Service, but It's fast and dancey and more entertaining than Oral Fixation /Fijacion.

Edited by Paj!

I'd also like to know of similar songs... mainly because I Will Follow is a fantastic one to play on guitar. Have a listen to First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes, similar but more upbeat. You've prob heard it before though.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of that song. The closes thing I can think of to I Will Follow You Into the Dark is Kings of Convenience's album 'Riot on an Empty Street'. Great band. Great album. Plus with Feist on a couple tracks, you can't lose.

Giving My Maudlin Career by Camera Obscura a good listen, it's very nice, very satisfying, kinda mellow but big band-y whilst having pop sensibilites? I'm just talking crap. But whoever the singer is has a lovely voice.

I've been listening to them too. They seem like a less good/fun version of Dirty Projectors though.

THIS IS IT! It must be posted!

It's on repeat, I love it!

After a Paj mentioned her a while back, I checked out a couple of Hilary Duff tracks randomly. I fell in love with "With Love" and "Reach Out" all over again. Though, I misheard th lyric "You can even be blunt" as "You can even draw blood". I prefer the misheard lyric.

Reach Out (samples Personal Jesus)

I adore the "It's like the prey playing games with the hunter" and "And all I need is to feel you....ALL I WANT IS TO FEEL YOU!" lines.

I just love slutty pop.

With Love

Although...Reach Out is far from a Duff classic, if we all stop lying to each other. The sample is tired, and the song flimsy. With Love is up there with Stranger, Come Clean (2005 Mix), Our Lips Our Sealed, So Yesterday, Wake Up etc.

So underrated. / My guilty pleasure. :D

Hilary Duff is ace! Stranger and With Love are my favourite tracks along with Come Clean. She's just so hot in Reach Out!

I watched the last episode of Shameless yesterday and this song is in my head too. Though the guy who sings it in the video REALLY can't sing...

Oh, and also...

I hate it but I love it! :D

Edited by Animal

I've been listening to them too. They seem like a less good/fun version of Dirty Projectors though.

I didn't even think of the DeePees...I kinda see where you're coming from though. Though DeePees are way more interesting.

The Novemberists and... well, honestly just ask Shorty as he rocks the sombre lot.
I actually don't really like the Decemberists that much - the guy's voice can be a bit irritating, but a couple of songs are somehow so good that it doesn't matter. Case in Point: The Crane Wife 3.

I've been listening to An End Has A Start by Editors today in preparation for their new album which should be arriving in the post any day now - if it hasn't got caught up in teh strike - can't wait to listen to it in full, I love their latest single Papillion especially the line 'it kicks like a sleep-twitch!' they sound a little bit similar to Interpol in that single I feel, - which believe me is no bad thing ;) - but they still retain their own style which I still love. :)

Fair enough, personally I think there is definitely room for both... :) as much as I love Interpol there is also a lot to love about Editors too, so I enjoy both.

Saw Kasabian, Friendly Fires and The Cribs last night at an HMV staff exclusive event called HMV Live at the Apollo in London. Not only was it staff exclusive but you had to win tickets for the event - me and a mate from work both got tickets, which was awesome :D And hey, free bar too, who can complain?

Kasabian were brilliant, blew me away, loved it. Wanted to see them live for ages so to hear they were playing (the setlist was previously a secret) was fantastic. Played mostly stuff from their new album, but also played Club Foot and Empire too. Finished with Fire which was great, also played Where Did All The Love Go, Underdog and Fast Fuse, which are all favourites of mine.

Friendly Fires too, were brilliant. It's the second time I've seen them and they're quickly becoming one of my favourite bands to see live, the energy and enthusiasm put in to their performances is really contagious, and the songs themselves translate really well to the live stage.

The Cribs however...it doesn't help with me not having heard them before but I thought they were wank. There was nothing about their performance to get excited about at all and none of the songs grabbed me in any way.

All in all it was a good night. Can't ask for much more considering the bar was free, alongside the tickets :D

I actually don't really like the Decemberists that much - the guy's voice can be a bit irritating, but a couple of songs are somehow so good that it doesn't matter. Case in Point: The Crane Wife 3.

Lol calendar fail.

I think the lead singer sounds a bit like the REM dude. Quite like 'im.

I've mostly been listening to Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits on repeat for most of the day. So amazing. Can anyone recommend their best album? Also, can anyone recommend me a good, accessible, Bowie album? Also, can someone recommend me Ice Cube's best album? And another decent rap album. I just keep listening to 2Pac and need something else with decent bass and awesome rapping.

PLELEEASE!! Thanksd

I feel so dirrty. I hated Cheryl Coles "Fight For This Love" when I first heard it. But since first hearing it, I've managed to hear it in enough places that it's now embedded in my brain and refuses to leave.

I've mostly been listening to Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits on repeat for most of the day. So amazing. Can anyone recommend their best album? Also, can anyone recommend me a good, accessible, Bowie album? Also, can someone recommend me Ice Cube's best album? And another decent rap album. I just keep listening to 2Pac and need something else with decent bass and awesome rapping.

PLELEEASE!! Thanksd

jb_Ziggy+Stardust.jpg

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

10dum3b.jpg

Ice Cube - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

%5BAllCDCovers%5D_notorious_big_ready_to_die_retail_cd-front.jpg

The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

Ice Cube - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die

Thank you very much! I'm not really a big fan of Biggie from what I've heard, but I will give this a go. Cheers.

But then, if that was someone's debut album, you'd be like "... Please leave..."

Yeah I know.

Realistically, we know the new songs she does sound good live, so I'm dealing until she tours again.