NEurope

I love how powerful this song is.

I can imagine her on the top of a hill, battling a Gryphon, as the winds whip round, her clay-coloured dress swirling, and her tears of blood stream upon her lover's dying body.

Stuwii. If you make another post in this thread that in any way bears a resemblance to the last 12 posts you have made (where you've basically said you spend your days masturbating to the new muse album, and your nights crying because there's only one new muse album, then your weekends you set up that stall outside your house with a sign saying "Muse Is Awsum Fan Club for Winnars" and a clipboard for people to sign and join your club but nobody does because they're freaked out by your crazy stare and endless scream of sheer excitement, and you will spend all your money that you get from the job centre on new copies of the album because you still haven't figured out a way to wash off the semen on your previous copy without somehow tarnishing the disc itself, and each christmas you will stab yourself because that's all i can think of. You. Being stabbed. It's probably more of a christmas present for me than you, I suppose, but I guess I just hope you'll remember it's the season to give and all everyone wants is for you to give your life away, because frankly it's probably not worth all that much anyway and everyone says that charity is this really nice thing that totally gets you into heaven, and because you're either going to stab yourself or get stabbed by me you may as well do it yourself in order to avoid that certain, special level of hell that satan himself cried with joy in producing, where you're probably going to go. Wait- what am I talking about?), THEN I will infract you. Oh yes.

Please.

Stuwii. If you make another post in this thread that in any way bears a resemblance to the last 12 posts you have made (where you've basically said you spend your days masturbating to the new muse album, and your nights crying because there's only one new muse album, then your weekends you set up that stall outside your house with a sign saying "Muse Is Awsum Fan Club for Winnars" and a clipboard for people to sign and join your club but nobody does because they're freaked out by your crazy stare and endless scream of sheer excitement, and you will spend all your money that you get from the job centre on new copies of the album because you still haven't figured out a way to wash off the semen on your previous copy without somehow tarnishing the disc itself, and each christmas you will stab yourself because that's all i can think of. You. Being stabbed. It's probably more of a christmas present for me than you, I suppose, but I guess I just hope you'll remember it's the season to give and all everyone wants is for you to give your life away, because frankly it's probably not worth all that much anyway and everyone says that charity is this really nice thing that totally gets you into heaven, and because you're either going to stab yourself or get stabbed by me you may as well do it yourself in order to avoid that certain, special level of hell that satan himself cried with joy in producing, where you're probably going to go. Wait- what am I talking about?), THEN I will infract you. Oh yes.

Please.

millais.jpg

I'm stunned.

^ I hope it does. I wanna see you get infracted, then another one for supporting a naff football team.

Watford? Wankford, more like.

Anyway, OT: Listen to The Jam.

MUSE rule.......

Will that piss him off more? Hopefully

Aaaand banned from thread.

I'll leave you to infract Jayseven.

To intersect with some music and Radiohead seems to be the band du jour; my friend just updated his facebook stating that he sings Radiohead to get his kids to sleep. I found it weirdly sweet.

Edited by Ashley

One of my favourite Radiohead songs is an upbeat one; Electioneering from OK Computer.

One of my favourite Radiohead songs is an upbeat one; Electioneering from OK Computer.

D'oh, I didn't think of that earlier. Brilliant choon. :)

I used to work at a call-centre, and my boss was a big Radiohead fan. He came in one day and said "Jim, listen...Electioneeeeeeering!" and had it playing on his computer. Geek. :)

While I have most Radiohead albums and like them loads, I can never remember how most of the songs go.

Okay, I know stuwii has been annoying everyone with his view on Muse - The Resistance, but I got the album this morning and listened to it, and I just wanted to post my opinions...

Uprising - 10/10 - A Nice stompy, catchy decent opener. Deffinitely sets the tone for the album quite well.

Resistance - 10/10 - Brilliant song! Hautning intro and outro, excellent piano work, and an epic chorus. The best Muse title track ever!

Undisclosed Desires - 10/10 - Very catchy, feels a lot like a Depeche Mode song in the chorus parts. Very experimental, and a bold move by Muse. It's payed off too!

United States of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage) - 9/10 - Makes a lot more sense with other songs around it. Strings work really well and the Queen-eqsue parts are great. The piano section at the end is lovely too.

Guding Light - 8/10 - Very very cheesy, but still great fun. A bit too slow though, hence the 8 score.

Unnatural Selection 10/10 - Feels so much like an OoS track. Excellent pacing throughout, and that riff is so damn' amazing!

Mk Ultra - 8/10 - Not as good as I'd hoped it'd be, but this track is still great. It probably needs to sink in more, after the awesomeness of US. Synths are great and the riffs are wonderful. It could have been pushed further though.

I belong to You (+ Mon Cœur S'ouvre à Ta Voix) - 9/10 - Bizzare this one, but it works! The French part actually fits in the rest of the song. Does sound a tad Maroon 5 in places though. xD

Exogenesis Symphony Part 1 (Overture) - 10/10 - Superb! Some amazing string work going on here, and when the rest of the band come into it, it's astounding.

Exogenesis Symphony Part 2 (Cross-Pollination) - 9/10 - The rest of Exo doesn't live up to the 1st part, but this part is still brilliant! The orchestra is too drowned out by the sound of the band though.

Exogenesis Symphony Part 3 (Redemption) - 9/10 - The calm after the storm. Whilst it isn't as memorable as the rest of Exo, it still works well to end the album. A calm, peaceful finish.

OVERALL: I'm not sure what to think; this album is deffinitely at least on par with Absolution and way up there with OoS, but it might actually be thier best album to date. It's a lot to take in though, so it just needs to stand the test of time. I admit, I'm a tad underwhelmed, but that's only because there's so much to it, plus the hype was very ott (plus the fact I've been following it so obsessively. :p) However, after hearing this, I actually now realise how bland BH&R really was. TR is certainly not original, but the way the tracks are crafted is genius. The Resistance is deffinitely a return to form, it's an epic journey that needs to be listened to from beginning to end.

10/10

It does seem pointless scoring virtually everything out of 10 after only a few days of having it.

It does seem pointless scoring virtually everything out of 10 after only a few days of having it.

Agreed, though everyone scores music differently I guess, whether or not those tracks that have been marked instantly as '10' remain so is yet to be seen.

I should have my copy of the album by Monday and will no doubt post my thoughts on it as well. :)

------------------------

In other news my new MP4 player came today, took a bit of messing around to get things just right but damn... everything sounds sublime through it, very impressed indeed :D I tried out a bit of Kate Bush, Bjork, Radiohead and Foo Fighters on it to give it a reasonable test, will listen to a full album on it later today though.

I'm feeling like a bit of Avenged Sevenfold today so that will most likely be played.

I gave those tracks a 10, because they just jumped out at me and blew me away. Plus I saw the first 4 tracks and Unnatural Selection live, so they've grown on me a lot quicker. I gave the album a 10, because it's technically complex, although I really like it, a lot. The album's growing on me quite quickly actually!

OVERALL: I'm not sure what to think; this album is deffinitely at least on par with Absolution and way up there with OoS, but it might actually be thier best album to date. It's a lot to take in though, so it just needs to stand the test of time. I admit, I'm a tad underwhelmed, but that's only because there's so much to it, plus the hype was very ott (plus the fact I've been following it so obsessively. :p) However, after hearing this, I actually now realise how bland BH&R really was. TR is certainly not original, but the way the tracks are crafted is genius. The Resistance is deffinitely a return to form, it's an epic journey that needs to be listened to from beginning to end.

10/10

Does not compute.

Anyone love this as much as me?

Does not compute.

Like I said, I rated it high because technically, it's impressive, and I realy do like it a lot. There's just a few sections I thought would be different. I guess I should have put that it wasn't what I expected. The more I listen, the better it gets tbh. There's just so much going on in that album, that it takes time to sink in properly.

Because the weather is so nice out I implore y'all to listen to some Bebel Gilberto, such perfect 'relaxing in the garden' music;

So Nice

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Samba da Benção

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Tanto Tempo

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

So I have a choice between two concerts in December and I can only go to one. Out of Paramore and The Sounds, I think I'm gonna go and see The Sounds. Seen the former twice before and they were great both times but not liking the whole 'SECC' thing and plus there are no standing tickets left. Who wants to sit at a concert? The whole idea is you get up and jump about. Anyway, so yay, gonna see the Sounds in december. That should be awesome.

Today's listening has been mixed. I pulled out the majority of my CD collection and have been listening to bits and pieces from numerous albums, going from things like The Smiths to In This Moment to Lacuna Coil to many others. Missing some CDs though. Will have to plunder my father's collection and my brother's to see if they're there.

So I have a choice between two concerts in December and I can only go to one. Out of Paramore and The Sounds, I think I'm gonna go and see The Sounds. Seen the former twice before and they were great both times but not liking the whole 'SECC' thing and plus there are no standing tickets left. Who wants to sit at a concert? The whole idea is you get up and jump about. Anyway, so yay, gonna see the Sounds in december. That should be awesome.

I'm such a fan of standing. I mean, sometimes, it wouldn't make sense. Like at Tori Amos, except at the end for the upbeat songs when we all stood-up. But for almost every other band/artist, I'd prefer to be standing. Sitting at a Paramore gig sounds ridiculous.

Sitting at any form of rock concert is ridiculous. I've had to do it once and it's just awful because "You're not allowed to stand and jump about like that" as I was told which is one of the reasons I go to a concert. It's part of the experience to be part of the mob/mosh, running and jumping around like a lunatic, singing along to your favourite songs. Anyway, it's no biggie. Seen them twice and at least for The Sounds it's at Oran Mor so it's all standing and the acoustics should be really good with the high vaulted ceilings.

I sat when I saw PJ Harvey and John Parish, which I thought would be awful, but it was in the jokiest venue, it was like a sortof cross between a small dancehall and a non-religiously decorated chapel thing. The stage was basically a step up from the main floor, and there were tables and chairs and stuff. So it had a really lovely atmosphere. The band actually commented how nice it was.

But yeah, it arenas and stuff, no thanks.

====

Just bought (after hearing on Spotify) Hide & Seek 2 by Imogen Heap, from a Tibet charity album thing.

Really powerful version of the original, just this constant, mounting tension with this vocal track on top, a bit different from the original. A lot of her stuff leaves me dry, but this is amazing.

I cannot stop listening to Ke$ha - Tick Tock. I just adore the beat to it, and her voice is oddly addictive. Totally the wrong word, but I just love the tone of it. She wrote/recorded "Boots & Boys" before she was signed, and I hate to say I love that too.

--

The Saturdays new single is abymal.

The more I listen to the Resistance, the more it grows on me. Even Uprising and USE, which sounded odd on their own, work great on the album.

Got the CD ordered now. The first physical disc I've bought in years, purely because until now I've had nowhere to play any CDs. Usually I either listen to music off the iPod or the Computer, so no need for any disks, but now that I'm driving I've got an excuse to tell iTunes to get lost :p If anybody is interested, you can buy the CD + a t-shirt with the awesome album artwork on it for £18 from Play.com

I cannot stop listening to Ke$ha - Tick Tock. I just adore the beat to it, and her voice is oddly addictive. Totally the wrong word, but I just love the tone of it. She wrote/recorded "Boots & Boys" before she was signed, and I hate to say I love that too.

--

The Saturdays new single is abymal.

Woah you always post things I've been listening to. I need to start beating you to the post. I heard both songs a while ago. :heh:

/unnecessary e-peins waving.

I love the Kesha song! :D I also suggest you give Millionaires a listen as they are pretty much the same but with three of them! :p Warning may annoy you though..

Millionaires - Just Got Paid, Lets get laid.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I started shouting the lyrics round the house and my dad was like that's rude! haha.

About The Saturdays I like the new single, whatever. :) Forever is over you are talking about?

I dabbled in the new Muse album today got half way in twice before I got distracted I like what I've heard thus far! :D

This week I've been listening to:

Amanda Blank - new album

Sonic Youth - various albums

Nerina Pallot - various albums

fun. new album

I enjoyed all. :grin: Particularly like Sonic Youths sound. :yay: Also fun. is extremely cheeky!!!!

Ke$ha sounds like she listens to a lot of Uffie.

---

Listened to half of The Resistance, was uninpressed, really flat and uninspiring. I'll wait till I hear it all, and on a decent volume though.