NEurope

It's not the voice, I think it's the levels. The vocal volume seem way too high and the note seems to..'pierce' your ears if you know what I mean. In that respect, yes, it is irritating >_<

My problem was that it wasn't clear enough. For a protest/devotion song you would think the lyrics might be made audible. The volume I thought was perfect, I just want to actually make out the words!

But that's part of the problem for me! The volume being too high on the vocals means my ears sort of 'flinch' and I tune out of it so that I don't understand the vocals.

Plus it'd be nice if it didn't have the banshee howling at the start :heh:

With these comments in mind, I can't wait to see Radiohead at Reading Fest. (y)

Wish I could see them at Reading. Hope for your sake they play at night, when I saw them at Manchester I left thinking Lucky was the best song because it was when the light show was at it's finest.

Oh btw props on the decent Muse songs :)

Wish I could see them at Reading. Hope for your sake they play at night, when I saw them at Manchester I left thinking Lucky was the best song because it was when the light show was at it's finest.

Oh btw props on the decent Muse songs :)

Did you go see them at the LCCC last year?! I was there, too (presuming you were there)!

The Radiohead song seems a little shit quality. Maybe because it's on Youtube? I am also playing it through internal Mac speakers... so... I won't judge it before I grab it on their site later on.

Well it sounds fine to me but then I do have Bose speakers :D

I did see them there last year, I believe Dan Dare was also there was he not?

*high fives*

If I'd known we were all there we should of had a super-mini-brief-meet; mostly consisting of, "Alright..." And then walking off.

I don't think I could handle meeting Dan Dare, my head would implode with the sheer amount of awesomeness. I was actually fairly dizzy just thinking he was in the vicinity.

My penis did swell with pure energy at times. Maybe I passed near him.

Urgh... that sounds too gay for me. *clicks fingers to go back in time*

Ha, that was gay-er!

My penis did swell with pure energy at times. Maybe I passed near him.

Urgh... that sounds too gay for me. *clicks fingers to go back in time*

Ha, that was gay-er!

Shit that's what that was? Knew something was up.

The Albums I've been listening to today! :grin:

House Of Heroes - The End Is Not The End.

10202.jpg

I Love this album more than I should! :heart:

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

Amy_Winehouse_Back_to_Black_Island.jpg

I really enjoy her voice now. Never used to a very good album! :)

Oh No Ono - Eggs

eggs.jpg

I had no idea what this was going to be like going into it. I love the songs Icicle, Swim and Helplessly Young and the rest of the album is awesome! :yay:

Adele - 19

adele.jpg

Some good songs and I like her voice but nothing that great.

Bibio - Ambivalence Avenue

BibioAmbivalenceAvenue-1.jpg

Wincakes. :D The whole thing is brilliant!

Against Me - New Wave

10443-new-wave.jpg

I forgot I'd listened to them before! :) A solid album and Stop! was instantly recognisable.

Now onto my songs of the day:

Bibio - Ambivalence Avenue

Oh No Ono - Swim

Jace Everett - Bad Things (True Blood Opening Credits)

Does this mean we have to start talking about all that shit music?

Just joking I have heard nothing there

I love how everyone bums Radiohead. Or at the very least, respects them.

I love how everyone bums Radiohead. Or at the very least, respects them.

Me too.

*continues to listen to Radiohead*

I sometimes bum them too. It annoys me that I don't love them as much as I feel I should. But either way they're undeniably great.

Did you go see them at the LCCC last year?! I was there, too (presuming you were there)!

The Radiohead song seems a little shit quality. Maybe because it's on Youtube? I am also playing it through internal Mac speakers... so... I won't judge it before I grab it on their site later on.

This...

Well it sounds fine to me but then I do have Bose speakers :D

I'm listening to them through Kef speakers - also a good brand - and I can tell that the recording is off... I've stopped listening to it halfway through because of this, I can tell that there is another decent Radiohead song there but I'll wait until theres a better quality version available that does it some justice. :)

I sometimes bum them too. It annoys me that I don't love them as much as I feel I should. But either way they're undeniably great.

They are truly great but I feel that even though their last album was decent / different that their true best days are now behind them but to a lesser extent... I just really love their older stuff I guess, Fake Plastic Trees... :heart:

Radiohead have never been better! The Bends is pretty awesome, granted, but really they've only ever moved forwards. In Rainbows is their best album.

I'm not disputing that they are still amazing, it just sometimes feels like their older works are better in some respects... I probably just like their older albums more and need to give In Rainbows a few more listens, tbh it only truly 'clicked' with me the last time I listened to it whereas I'm more than familiar with The Bends, OK Computer, KID A etc...

Anyway, new music from Radiohead is always a good thing, I look forward to hearing the above new song properly when a better quality version is available just as I look forward to hearing their new singles etc on the radio, does this new album have a rough date or even a name yet?

Edeet! nevermind, I just did a quick wiki search on them...

'On 5 August 2009, Radiohead released the song "Harry Patch (In Memory Of)", in tribute to the recently deceased Harry Patch, the last surviving soldier to have fought in the trenches of the First World War. The song was sold direct from Radiohead's website for £1, with proceeds donated to the British Legion.'

'On 7 August, 2009, Thom Yorke was quoted in the press hinting that Radiohead would turn their focus from full length albums to release EPs, including the possibility of an EP of orchestral music.'

Hmm so no actual new albums planned for the near future then it seems :( that saddens me somewhat but if they are only going to be releasing EP's for a while then they must have a good reason for it.

Edited by S.C.G

I know we've done this before, but..

The Bends > * Radiohead albums

The Bends > * Radiohead albums

The Bends is indeed brilliant and probably still my personal favourite, having said that though each of their albums are brilliant for different reasons, I like them all just not equally.

After discovering that you can purchase the new song direct from Radiohead I went ahead and got the MP3 - it's better quality then that Youtube embed - and have listened to it in full; it's a wonderful tribute and a decent track in its own right, different from their usual style I felt but it works and the orchestral backing is a welcome departure from their more familiar sounds, Thom Yorke's vocals sound excellent as ever though. :)

I'm listening to mum's old vinyls. Autoamerican by Blondie at the moment.

It's quite good, from first listen.

From what I've heard , the soundtrack to 'There Will Be Blood' is awesome.

On subject of best Radiohead album, my favourite always used to be Kid A. It still is but it's pretty much a tie with In Rainbows now, especially the Scotch Mist version :D