NEurope

At least Dyson had some Sauce for his Chips of Information.

Sauce is the most important thing! Makes it taste better, it's not going to make it taste completely of bullshit... :blank:

Sorry, I'm hungry.

Whenever Stuwii posts in this thread, I imagine one of those war-time communications operators in aircraft, quickly reporting what is coming down the line, sweating slightly in anticipation.

Maybe that's just me.

---

I know I'm late and it's a dead horse already, but I'm loving Dangerous and HIStory by Michael Jackson. Probably the "other two" compared to Thriller and Bad, but I find the production in both to be far more engaging and stimulating. I mean, Jam, They Don't Care About Us and Scream are just brilliant.

I love the video for Scream. Most expensive video ever made, I hear. It's very 90's with all the cgi/futuristic interiors, but it was long before most of the imitators (1994/5).

I bet that linkin park leave out all the rest cost more- looked very expensive

I know I'm late and it's a dead horse already, but I'm loving Dangerous

Hell, man, I've loved Dangerous since I was 6/7 years-old. That was 1997! That's how late you are...

Great album, though.

GAAAH! I wanted a Automatically-merged Doublepost! I H8 WATFORD! :mad:

I bet that linkin park leave out all the rest cost more- looked very expensive

Wh....what? :wtf:

Wh....what? :wtf:

Very good video- spaceship film stuff- very expensive looking

Any idea how much it cost to make the music vid for Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park?

The Scream vid cost $7m!

I wager it cost just $200 and a Big Mac.

Yes. It was shit. What's your point?

It just looks more expensive than the scream vid

It just looks more expensive than the scream vid

Because the technology is about a billion times better than back then.

You sick-minded fuck!

No, I'm going to watch some tentacle hentai, you sicko! :mad:

...and I'm back.

To get back on-topic: Idioteque by Radiohead: Fukken awesome!

Edited by Roostophe

I do like Kid A. I feel like I need to listen to it more...to love it more.

---

Abstaining from your favourite artists for a long time can do wonders when you relisten to them. Listening for the millionth time to Homogenic by Bjork reminds me why I love her. A definite 10/10 album...something I wouldn't rate most of the albums I'd say I loved. Her peak started here, ended with Medulla. What a TRINITY of quality. Seriously. Electronic music never sounded so genuinely moving as in Homogenic, the tiny music box tinkles of Vespertine managed to evoke the cold while still retaining some weird warmth, and Medulla is just brilliance, no instruments on the album (almost)! All human voices.

Rattling on. But yeah. Nothing beats this.

To get back on-topic: Idioteque by Radiohead: Fukken awesome!

Agreed, one quality track from an excellent album, I do love Radiohead, they are a band that I come back to often, I used 'Fake Plastic Trees' as a test for a pair of travel speakers I bought today... audible awesomeness proceeded to resonate from them. :)

Abstaining from your favourite artists for a long time can do wonders when you relisten to them. Listening for the millionth time to Homogenic by Bjork reminds me why I love her.

I find truth in this... many of my favourite albums I give a long rest inbetween plays if I'm familiar with them until one day I think 'hell yes, it's time!' and then listen to that album... being instantly reminded of why I love it so. :heart:

--------------------------------------------

Paj! so I've listened to the entire workings of Kate Bush recently - which I love - and I'm in partial agreement with your list posted a few pages back, both Aerial and Hounds of Love were standout albums for me, as for the rest... I can't place them yet but I will no doubt listen to them all again at some point.

Also I picked up some Peej today... was flicking through some CD's in an independent music store and couldn't resist Stories from the city / sea when I saw it for £3.50 plus her latest colab album with John Parish for a reasonable £6.95... have yet to listen to them but was curious as to what your opinion is of said albums? I figured after enjoying Kate Bush it occured to me that I might enjoy a bit of P.J as well.

I'll never understand the hype around Idioteque. Not to put it down but I find so many of the other tracks on Kid A far more remarkable than that particular one. (The first four songs foremost.)

I'll never understand the hype around Idioteque. Not to put it down but I find so many of the other tracks on Kid A far more remarkable than that particular one. (The first four songs foremost.)

Personally I love the whole album, I was just agreeing that it's an excellent track but yes there are better tracks on the album.

Yeah the whole album is pretty great... Apart from Treefingers...

The whole of Kid A is quality as is the Bends and OK Computer... those are the top three Imo but really I love all that Radiohead have done so trying to order them is purely me being nitpicky... ::shrug:

But as for any songs of theirs that I dislike... nothing really springs to mind, that - for me - is the mark of a truely excellent band. :)

SCG, PJ Harvey is really an amazing amazing artist. Truly a national treasure. Sounds cheesy, but musically true.

If I were you, get the entire discography, the two you picked up are very different from each other, with Stories being quite accessible and atmospheric and A Woman A Man being in your face abrasive and experimental.

Dry is an almost perfect rock album. (That's their first, they were original a three-piece band). Rid Of Me is the second album, a heavier, more..metallic version of Dry. To Bring You My Love is her by herself and it's a stoker of an album. Combine acoustic, almost dark..country arias with black black geetar in songs like the title track. A lot of blues influence...but weirdly. Is This Desire? is a fan favourite, her most incongruous and not really as abrasive as others. Shows a softer side, but still quite dark and more electronic experimentation. Stories is a departure to a more city-ambiance, still excellent. But really not like anything else she's done. Uh Huh Her I personally love, a lot say it's her worst (everything's relative bear in mind), but It's intentionally rough around the edges. Reminds me of dirt roads and alcohol. Quite a sad album. White Chalk is the weirdest album she's eve done. All sung in a higher register, all piano based. And it's brilliant. Don't think Tori Amos when I say piano-based, it's not like that at all...it's ghostly. Just look at the album cover.

Whew.

Both collab albums with John parish are excellent, with Dance hall...perhaps being more reflective of her usual style.

In short: GET IT ALL!

---

You like Bjork. We get it.

Sorry, that single post about her must have really annoyed you to skip. I'm pretty sure I've not gone about her for almsot a year or something.