Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Alphabeat are back.

They are AWEFUL!!

They fizikalee make me ill.

If anything deserved to be taken out back and shot for being lame, it would be Alphabeat.

They make the Vengaboys sound positively symphonic.

Just, sorry, no.

Alphabeat are back.

I officially love you. I'm so giving you one, just for how well this song hits the 90s-esque dance music spot. Alphabeat don't aim high, but what they do they do well.

Edited by Razz

I listened to Post by Bjork today... such a stunning sophomore album, absolute quality from start to finish, it's just so good, I love it.

:heart:

---------------------

Moar CD's in the post today...

Bjork - Drawing Restraint 9

Tori Amos - Under The Pink

Soundgarden - Superunknown

I will listen to all of these albums I've been buying recently, honestly... >.> give me until 2010 though yeah? :heh:

Army Of Me makes me cry blood, sweat and tears.

Army of Me is a stunning opening track, well balanced electronica with vivid vocals, it's all perfectly pitched and paced which makes it a joy to listen to.

Pah, a real man could get through them in a week. no excuses. :p

Yeah... if I did nothing but listen to the 15 - 20 albums I've ordered recently then a week would be doable but I tend to save certain new albums for the journey to and from work - when I need it most - and because I work five days a week then that's an album each working day, so I have at least a months worth really. :heh:

Plus I don't like to listen to it all in one go, I think it's better to spread them out and look forward to listening to each new album and having a set time to do this helps a lot, though certain albums I will listen to while I'm at home first, YS will be one such album as the length of the tracks aren't very 'travel-friendly' because I tend to like hearing tracks in their entirity and so will avoid turning off when the journey comes to an end unless I absolutely have to or I'll even stop listening when one track has finished if the journey has less than a minute to go rather than spilling over into the next track and wanting to listen to it all when I know I can't because of work. :(

I know, I have some rather 'particular' listening habits but that's just my way of enjoying music. :)

@ Molly - Ah, I like that song. I've not seen the advert so you posting it is the first time I'd heard it. Very nice so you have my thanks for posting it. :D

Erm... I haven't been listening to much music lately. Disgusting I know. Still listening to the Shiny Toy Guns album I bought a week or so ago. Really need to make a list of all of the albums I need to buy. Trying to keep a mental note of them all is rather hard as I'll go and buy some and then get home only to remember something I forgot to look for. And it's a long list so it happens all to often.

Although, It's quite dissapointing compared to their first 2 albums. It's basically a rock version of what they did on beautifulgarbage.

But Garbage will always have a place in my musical timeline, being the first rock band I truly loved. (and semi-grew out of)

Best in the old days;

Edited by Paj!

The actual song or that video Chair posted? That video is just a weird collaboration between Skunk Anansie and Bjork.

Here's the actual song;

/ All the official videos have been audio-removed off Youtube.

Here's a pretty good live video;

And if you complain, once more... you'll meet an army of me.

Personally I love it... Army of me an excellent starting track, also I'd recommend listening to the original version rather than the live version posted above, not that it'll make much difference though I guess.

Also the album gets progressively better as it goes along with Hyper-Ballad starting off rather quietly and then picking up the pace towards the end brilliantly which is then maintained by The Modern Things and then It's oh-so quiet which is just brilliant.

Meh well I love it anyway :heh: it's a fantastic album for anyone who likes / appreciates Bjork. [/bias opinion]

Hyper-ballad is one of her best..things..ever. It's just amazing.

I memorably fell in love with Bjork when Cover Me (plaid Mix) came on iTunes shuffle 3-4 years ago. Just dumped a whole load of my Dad's music onto my new ipod, and I was stunned. Such a random song to love too.

I officially love you. I'm so giving you one, just for how well this song hits the 90s-esque dance music spot. Alphabeat don't aim high, but what they do they do well.

Haha, I just love them so much. It's so nice to have something 90's sounding, rather than 80's. It's almost refreshing. Giving their album another listen now. I love 10,000 nights so much!

Haha, I just love them so much. It's so nice to have something 90's sounding, rather than 80's. It's almost refreshing. Giving their album another listen now. I love 10,000 nights so much!

It's such a solid happy pop album. Over the top? Yes. Overly happy? Definitely. Crap?! Fuck off.

In other news, I got my hands on Witching Hour by Ladytron after having their latest album as staple driving music and enjoying it immensely. Now I'm particularly loving Destroy Everything You Touch, it's beautiful.

EDIT: I also want to point how great a word destroy actually is.

Edited by Razz

Something (a movie trailer?) used Destroy Everything You Touch recently, and I wanted to cry out in joy, but I was with people who wouldn't have got it/known who they were.

--

As If By Magic by la Roux is currently my anthem. Fuck, it's just so joyous.

--

Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks has been astounding me of late. I actually knew the Lindsay Lohan (...) version first, and really liked it, considering she's hardly a font of musical talent. I knew it was a cover, but never bothered to check out the original. The beat is sampled/used for Bootylicious by Destiny's Child; really innapropriate, considering the song is about her uncle dying of cancer.

Edited by Paj!

Personally, listening to that song makes me cringe. It's almost painful.

Yeah, to be fair, it doesn't exactly showcase Bjork that well, but it is a brilliant song.

I love how Bjork seems to sometimes realise what she's singing, and sort-of stutter her way through. That makes no sense when I try to explain it, but just watch this song, and you'll see:

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 of the best.