NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sprout

Jack Thompson was just kidding about the $10, 000 donation.

Yep you heard that right.

Source:http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000743063662/

Thompson breaks his word on $10k bounty, says he was just kidding

Banman to the BannedwagonA team of GTA modders called the Fighting Hellfish has created a San Andreas mod for the PC that Jack Thompson could have designed—that is, if he included himself as the vengeful father he proposed earlier, on a murderous rampage through the video-game industry. And there you have the story of JT and his Banman alter ego in Defamation of Character: A Jack Thompson Murder Simulator.

But that’s not all: not only is he unsatisfied with the mod, he claims his earlier proposal was merely intended as satire, to “highlight the patent hypocrisy and recklessness exhibited by the video game industry’s willingness to target cops, women, homosexuals, and other groups with some of their violent games.†(So the $10K offer to charity was satire, too?)

He then proceeds to ridicule gamers and the “video game community†for their lack of insight into his keen wit. Wait a second here, hasn’t Jack seen any of those open letters posted online for him on various game sites and blogs these days? If he won’t address these arguments directly in an objective setting, then how can there be any chance of a real dialogue? (Maybe you don’t have to answer that…)

Also:http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000627063759

Penny Arcade donates $10,000 in Jack’s name to charity

Jack Thompson may not be able to keep to his word, but Tycho and Gabe of Penny Arcade have no problem picking up his slack. After Jackie Boy deemed his Modest Proposal as satire and refused to pay the $10,000 he promised after a few games and mods responded, these two video game do-gooders put up $10,000 of their own money to the Entertainment Software Association Foundation (the charity where, Tycho predicts, TakeTwo president Paul Eibeler would have wanted the cash donated).

The best part? They donated the money in his name, which is just a slap in the face at his claims that we as a community who has “little frontal lobe activity†and promised the money was real in the same comment.

You know Gabe and Tycho are your new heroes.

Update: Jack Thompson sent Tycho and Gabe a little message: “This story is completely false and defamatory. Take it down or else.†Ironically, we got almost the exact same comment from him earlier today. Thanks, Mike Meunier.

Well done Penny Arcade :).

This story is moving fast, for those that have not been keeping up. Jackie boy sent a fax to the Seatle police asking them to arrest Penny Arcade employees for harassment.

They have replied on their site and have the original letter he faxed to the police.

Jack Thompson, you are a fucking knob !!!

A Seattle business by the name of Penny Arcade... employs certain personnel who have decided to commence and orchestrate criminal harassment of me by various means... This company has done this because I dared to go on CBS's 60 Minutes in March and again in July to explain a wrongful death lawsuit I have brought on behalf of two police officers and a police dispatcher in Fayette, Alabama, who were shot in the head and killed by Devin Moore who obsessively trained on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to kill them."

"As you may know, this incredibly violent Rockstar Games product is actually a 'cop-killing' murder simulator. There are a bunch of computer geeks out there who think that the video game industry has a constitutional right to paint a bullseye on your back and on your officers' backs... That is what this criminal harassment of me by Penny Arcade is all about. They're even selling an 'I Hate Jack Thompson' t-shirt, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. These idiots have been so careless as to post on their http://www.pennyarcade.com web site what they are doing regarding the harassment of me."

"I look forward to working with your fine Police Department to shut this little extortion factory down and/or arrest some of its employees."

Wait, what, I don't understand. I could be very un-me, stop being lazy, and look this guy up, but I prefer to not break tradition. Who is this fellow?

Jack sucks. So does Guy.

negativereppoint.jpgfor Guy.

Man, thats brilliant. I was hoping someone would make the negative one.

makeshiftreppoint.gif for you.

Erk, this guy is obviously a prick who hasn't actually played these games. I'd love to see him talk to some of the developers or even just gamers to see their opinions (as long as they aren't "ZOMFG U R GAAAAAAAAYZ0R!!!!!!!!!1111" yeah, catch my drift)

He's only on the defensive because he knows he's being humiliated in front of the giant gaming community for an attempt to "save" society from "evil" video games which came back and bit him in the ass. He knows he lost and is just being a sore loser.

I want to tear this guys guts apart. RIP AND TEAR!! HUGE GUTS!!

I'm violent because I play videgoames.

Kudos to PA and VG cats (Scott had a very "interesting" conversation with him via e-mail)

That guy is an idiot.

Hey... I've got an idea. Maybe I'll trample my buddy to death! And when those nice police officers ask:'Why did you do that?' I'll say:'I learned it from Mario!' Then Jack Thompson will sue Nintendo \o/

Wouldn't it be funny if a game developer brought out a game were you hunt him in it, he would probaly go hide in some nuclear shelter or somehting, from fear of game related attack.

hahhaahahah that guy is such a funny ****, he is actually pushing people away from his argument of violent games are the cause for social unrest in gamers.

Sign in to follow this