NEurope
Retro_Link

Beautiful Katamari Wii?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7056/1/Katamari_Gets_

Nintendo News | Katamari Gets 'Beautiful' for Wii?

Despite reports last year stating the team behind the popular Katamari franchise had dissolved, Orange Lounge Radio states that a new sequel is soon to be released for all current generation consoles.

According to the site, Beautiful Katamari is currently in development by Bandai Namco and "is set to release on October 17th for $39.99 on the PS3 and XBOX 360 and will feature SIXAXIS support for the PS3 version." The Wii version will reportedly follow shortly after on November 14th.

Some healthy skepticism is welcomed, the creator and director has previously stated his reluctance to make sequels. Nevertheless, it's excellent news if true, with previous installments being of very high quality.

Be sure to stick with Cubed³ for all the latest updates...

Still should be cosidered a rumour, but it's sounding likely!?

Wonder if it would be for the Wii. The creator wasn't too into the Wii last time I remember.

But he also said he would do no more, so he wouldn't be making this one anyway.

Still should be cosidered a rumour, but it's sounding likely!?

Well, at least X360 version appears on Blockbuster's database together with Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.

beautiful.jpg

acecombat6.jpg

The creator said no, but Namco might pressuring him. If a God exists.

I certainly hope so, I've heard much of this rolling delight but had little opportunity to see for myself.

Hope not, Last time they did that we got the good game but not as good as the other 2 in the series, AKA the PSP version.

Mr. Katamari himself isn't behind it (I think he said he hated the Wii controller), so i'm not to sure about this at all. It's like Zelda without Miyamoto behind it.

Mr. Katamari himself isn't behind it (I think he said he hated the Wii controller)
Inteligent people can change their mind on a subject though, since Wiimote is perfect for Katamari anyway.

That said I think he's not involved, but if so it must be because he doesn't want to.

Inteligent people can change their mind on a subject though, since Wiimote is perfect for Katamari anyway.

That said I think he's not involved, but if so it must be because he doesn't want to.

He seemed pretty adamant that it was against his entire games design philosophy.

Then again, any ‘intelligent’ person can change their mind at a whim. Apparently.

He seemed pretty adamant that it was against his entire games design philosophy.

Then again, any ‘intelligent’ person can change their mind at a whim. Apparently.

His logic was pretty flawed to start with, and look how wiimote is putting more people into games, Katamary Damacy is perfect for that public, how can he say no to that?

And since Katamary started on Ps2... why didn't he say the same about PS3's controller publicly? Sure, that came afterwards, and he might not be involved; but the PS3 version of this game allegedly uses sixaxys too.

So yeah, inteligent people don't stay the same when proven wrong, they evolve; and should be respected for that.

It's like Zelda without Miyamoto behind it.

No it's not, because Miyamoto hasn't served as director on a Zelda game since the original on the NES. LTTP was Takashi Tezuka, as was Link's awakening, OOT had multiple directors and Miyamoto was producer, MM was Aounuma, as were Wind Waker and TP, etc. He's always "overseen" Zelda games but nowadays he's not really involved in creating the actual content itself.

This is obviously a case of Namco wanting to milk Katamari out as they see it as a "franchise". The original creator has no part whatsoever, just like with the PSP game.

Really hope there's some truth in this. Katamari was the only game on PS2 I could get my other half to play, so it's perfect for a console with such a diverse reach.

Katamari would work really well with the Wii controls - please let this happen.

So was the PS2 version better then the PSP one?

Because i got the PSP one for Christmas and even though i liked it, i did think 'all the hype was over this?' when i play it.

Never played the PS2 version though.

well haven't tried the PSP version but absolutely love the ps2 version.. great game to pop in and just play for a few minutes.. the greatest soundtrack ever.. boy my ps2 would die without these solid japanese games

The PS2 games are fantastic, the PSP plays like a mixture of the two, with it's own setting and story as well. It just didn't feel as fantastic as the other two games. It was good on the PSP, but just not great.

Intrigued to see how it will work with the Wii controls as it's going to be very different than the double analogue stick controls on PS2. Happy to wait a bit longer for this as I'm just glad we're getting it.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/800/800761p1.html

Beautiful Katamari Skips PS3, Goes Wii

Rumor: Sources allege publisher has quietly canned the PS3 build of the quirky title; started work on Wii effort instead.

US, June 29, 2007 - Namco Bandai revealed earlier this year that it was developing the next-generation Katamari Damacy sequel, Beautiful Katamari, for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Up until recently, the developer continued to work on both versions of the project. However, sources close to Namco Bandai tell IGN that the studio ran into some trouble with the port of the game to PlayStation 3 and these issues, coupled with the stalled sales of the system, have led to the project's quiet cancellation. Looking to better-than-expected sales of Wii, the company has, say insiders, re-shifted resources to ready a Wii build of Beautiful Katamari instead. Given that the title cannot be ported from Xbox 360, the game is being re-concepted for Wii.

This is not the first time Katamari has been rumored for Wii. In early 2007, reports of Katamari for Wii began to surface. However, development sources indicated at the time that Namco was not thrilled about the prospect about moving forward with the project, mostly because it was not convinced that Wii would be a success. The game's original creator has in the past been critical of Nintendo's platform, too.

We contacted Namco Bandai for comment, but a spokesperson for the company did not return our inquires in time for the publishing of this article.

As always, until we get an official confirmation from the company, this story should be considered rumor. However, when asked, our well-placed sources said the information was "100 percent reliable."

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7965/1/Katamari_Shuns_PS3_in_Favour_of_Wii?

Nintendo Wii Speculation | Katamari Shuns PS3 in Favour of Wii?

Quick News - After originally believing Beautiful Katamari was coming to Wii, Bandai Namco announced it only for PS3 and Xbox 360. Now, though, it is thought that the Sony edition has been quietly cancelled in favour of a re-worked version for Nintendo's immensely popular Wii. Could it be true?

Seems a likely enough move!
Given that the title cannot be ported from Xbox 360, the game is being re-concepted for Wii.
That would be rolling Wii-mote controls then?!

That would be rolling Wii-mote controls then?!
Let's hope so, this is the platform where this game makes more sense.

I hope it comes out on the Wii.

And I hope they release a hamster-ball like thing to put your Wii remote in. Imagine the fun of actually rolling a ball around.

;492782"]I hope it comes out on the Wii.

And I hope they release a hamster-ball like thing to put your Wii remote in. Imagine the fun of actually rolling a ball around.

Even better - put your Wiimote in a real hamster ball and let your hamster play :yay:

It's a shame this is coming out... if the creator doesn't want to do a sequel and is being pressured into making one by the company. People always complain about EA raping series because they know it's "safe" money and this is the exact same. If the creator wasn't pressured into making this he might instead make something original and just as amazing. But people only complain about sequels when it's of games they don't want to buy.