NEurope
flameboy

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

Once again, the portuguese mafia prevails.

I'll just resume the interesting parts

-New human characters

-Lots of new moves that take advantage of the wiimote

-2 player mode

-Online abbilities

-Wii Exclusive

That's about it. It's weird that Portugal breaks lots of news about games. Like RE4.

EDIT: So basically what Dante said. There's nothing else interesting from the article asides from the pics.

A game frankly inspired in 1996 proved the talent of yuji naka and Sonic Team. It's called NiGHTS into Dream, aerial sumersaults of the character who looks (... croped impossible to read) drunk, are part of the sweet Sega Saturn reminders. The game didn't save Saturn from PSone and Nintendo 64 but it was and keeps being a masterpiece known for it's controls and graphism.

with the years passing the likeliness of seeying a sequel weakened, until not much people though it possible

(...) cutting the crap

impossible to make out because it's cropped, they refer to takeshi iuzuka, as the right arm-man of yuji naka as one of the creator of Nights, but... I can't know for sure if he's the director or driving force of the project.

(...)

We were able to find that the sequel is already being done and the platform chosen is Wii, confirming the rumors that apointed it as the Saturn sucessor.

The specific features of the console, what it turns possible when it comes to gameplay, are the reasons that awoke this sequel (who lacks a oficial name) of it's long slumber, at the same time it beings to knowledge why it wasn't in Dreamcast or in another 128bit system, it's not about graphical revolution, acording to Iuzuka, but turning the unique NiGHTS experience even more surreal, what they can do from the interaction with the Wii controler, and not just a graphical upgrade

more coming

Two of the scan images aren't showing for some reason. But from the one I can see it looks colourful (don't have a clue as to what's going on though).
I didn't knew there were two more pages, as they are not appearing either.

I'm just translating the one I see.

Here's hoping for a VC release prior, so that the uninitiated can get a taste!

Can you see them now?

Scans :D

70068_nights1_122_460lo.jpg

70074_nights2_122_484lo.jpg

70080_nights3_122_545lo.jpg

Info:

- There's no official name yet.

- A sequel wasn't made earlier because they didn't want to evolve the game graphically, they wanted to evolve it from a gameplay standpoint, make it more surreal. With the Wii they were given this chance, and they took it.

- I think it says Sega will make the official unveiling at the beginning of April.

- Two players mode.

- Online (not discussed, it sounds like could be just WiiConnect24 and no online gameplay).

- Nightopia revisited with more human characters, more enemies and bosses, more tricks and a bigger freedom of movements.

- Sonic Team is doing the game.

- Takeshi IIzuka is in charge, was the director of Sonic Heroes.

- Wii exclusive, with no idea to port it over at the moment.

- Nights will be officially revealed in April.

Here's hoping for a VC release prior, so that the uninitiated can get a taste!

Sega Saturn games on the VC? I can live in hope.

***ing **** yes you ****ing ****er! That's ****ing amazing!

'Scuse my excitement.

Can you see them now?
yes

end of first page:

In the folling pages of the exclusive interview there will be some detauls of the game, the ones Takeshi was willing to respond, who is still keeping the secretis. After all sega will only announce this title publicly in the next month of april.

Still, we were able to get some news that will certainly delight the Nights fans. Between a lot of surprises there will be one redesign of nightopia's apearance, there are expected lots of surprises that include modes (one for two players and one with online functionality whom we don't know the nature), new tricks for the wiimore, new enemies and bosses, and a bigger apperture in the aerial gameplay movements and the possible presence of new characters, not only Claire and Elliot, the two children of the original game whoose dreams were visited by NiGHTS..

The list of news will be ready a few days after this edition of maxi consoles goes to stores. Until there, we have motives to celebrate the unexpected return and being excited about the final product.

-cutting the crap- (sonic the hedgehog 360/ps3), they say sonic team are making crap sonic games, except for the new sonic wii who they are reviewing in this issue, etc...

It opens our minds to a eventual Shenmue 3 or even a follow-up of another saturn game, like the shooter burning rangers - now everything looks possible.

now onto the next ones.

Q: How did the idea of creating NiGHTS for Nintendo's new console come along?

A: I've been interested in making this sequel for as long as I can remember, and the moment seemed perfect to start working on it. This game is ideal to take advantage of the Wii controller's potential.

Q: Will we get, once again, inside the dreams (and nightmares) of Claire and Elliot, or are there new human characters whose dreams we'll be able to visit?

A: Just like the first game's story, the new NiGHTS happens inside a dream world, and its story will follow the adventure of those children. I hope to announce further details in the coming months.

Q: Will the main character (also called NiGHTS) be alone in this mission, or are there new kinds of Nightmare-people to control?

A: I can already confirm that NiGHTS will be the main character, and that he will have new habilities which will be explained later. As for new characters, I can't reveal anything yet. You'll have to wait and see.

Q: Which new flight manoeuvers will this charismatic figure be able to perform?

A: NiGHTS will have a considerable number of acrobatic movements, many of them never seen before, for the player to perform easily using the Wii controller. You can count on loops, spins, and other manoeuvers which will be kept secret for now.

Q: In which ways does Nintendo's new console attract you?

A: I am particularly enthusiastic about witnessing all of this technological advance, and about knowing that, as a programmer, I can create games in the new consoles which, a few years ago, I was only able to dream of.

Q: We're real fans of this character. Do you think that he will still be able to be interesting to the public, after all these years?

A: Above everything, I hope that NiGHTS fans like this game as much as the First one. I'm confident that, with all the new features I'm hoping to include, it will also attract a new player base, not yet familiar with this character's world.

Q: What can we expect, regarding game modes?

A: Besides a single player mode, familiar to everyone, there will be a two-player mode and certain special online functions.

Q: Do you intend to take the inspired NiGHTS experience to other platforms?

A: So far, this new NiGHTS game is a Wii exclusive.

Q: What other classic franchises, developed either by you or Sonic Team, would you like to bring back to life?

A: When I created NiGHTS, I didn't see it as a classic franchise, but I always hoped I would be able to dedicate it a sequel when the right moment came. For know, this is the only game series I'd like to see people talking about once more.

Need

release

date

Pedro and Dante are credited on the N-Europe article.

Time to update again Tellyn. :)

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Wii game announcement that has made me like "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS". :D:D:D

The dawn of the return of Sega brilliance starts today (I hope)

Pelo menos diz que fui eu que traduzi. Ou pensavas que eu não ia ver? ;P

Nunca disse que fui eu :P

Pelo menos diz que fui eu que traduzi. Ou pensavas que eu não ia ver? ;P

At least it says that was I that translated. Or you thought that I is not going to see?

Nunca disse que fui eu :P

Never it said that I went

...for our non Portuguese!

Time to update again Tellyn. :)

I'm just linking to this topic, I don't think I can put this much text in one article.

At least it says that was I that translated. Or you thought that I is not going to see?

Never it said that I went

...for our non Portuguese!

lololol I love rough translations. Basically I quoted him from GAF and he said that he was the one that translated it and I said that I never took credit from it. :P

I was asking Hellfire to credit me for the translation, as he copied it from NeoGAF where I originally posted it.

And you took the credit as soon as you omitted it.

image bubles:

life is a dream, if I dreamt of places like that I wouldn't get out of bed anymore.

underwater trip - certain phases of the game take place under water

Bosses, In the end of the levels the Nightmarens with clown appearance will return. The fight with this will be particularly close, but no ones denies it sense of stetics

Extras- it would be wonderful if it had a handful of extras like christmas nights

splash garden a original level similar to this one where the water and air are dificult to distinguish

I was asking Hellfire to credit me for the translation, as he copied it from NeoGAF where I originally posted it.

And you took the credit as soon as you omitted it.

Jeez man, I'm sorry I just pasted it as fast as possible because people wanted to see things fast, I didn't even see the poster the first time I copied. Also, I already posted an overview of the interview and I didn't say it was me, so it was kinda obvious it wasn't from me.

Não chores.