NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

I played Monkey Island on PC once, I just dont like the games. Is that when you duel the pirates and have insult matches?

And when I'm finished with you, you'll have to wear two eye patches. :heh:

Lol, yeah its from the sword fighting. I suppose everyone's sense of humour is different, as is everyone's taste in games.

And when I'm finished with you, you'll have to wear two eye patches. :heh:

Lol, yeah its from the sword fighting. I suppose everyone's sense of humour is different, as is everyone's taste in games.

Some of it was funny, but it was no where near as funny as Lee Evans stand-up.

Some of it was funny, but it was no where near as funny as Lee Evans stand-up.

You're comparing a videogame to a stand up comediant? *giggles*

Anyway, damn, the last level is huge, I don't even know where to start!

Just finished this incredible game! Although Mario, Zelda and Metroid are the all round better games, this was just amazing! Only Mario out of said games gave me more of a magical feeling than this game! There's small levels and huge levels that make me think I full on story adventure game (ala Monkey Island) would really work for the sequel; though I do actually love the format of Z&W.

Everything about the game just works, and although the game can be frustrating in its relentless difficulty, you forgive it, and love it even more when you figure it out (DON'T USE THE ORACLE DOLLS!).

I'm guessing I have to go through and find hidden treasure but have no idea how!!

PS The game is huge and has LOADS of replay value and if you like collecting stuff - shit loads to collect!

I'm guessing I have to go through and find hidden treasure but have no idea how!!

PS The game is huge and has LOADS of replay value and if you like collecting stuff - shit loads to collect!

Speaking of which, how do you go about getting the extra treasures and book entries once you've finished the game? I've read the FAQs at GameFAQs and it's still not obvious to me.

Speaking of which, how do you go about getting the extra treasures and book entries once you've finished the game? I've read the FAQs at GameFAQs and it's still not obvious to me.

It's a bit of a pain if you haven't been sending the dude who gets treasure out (Can't remember his name) regularly throughout the main story. He can sometimes find "Lore" that gives you clues about how to find the other chests on each level. The clues don't tell you what level they refer to, but I think they say what world.

I've found a few chests by accident on a second play through, but I haven't got many "Lore's" and now I'm faced with sending whoshisface out starting a level and quiting it to see him come back.

Apparently he can find something that means he returns instantly so if you have that it wont be so difficult.

Thanks for the info. So by the sound of it, you have to send angry dude out somewhere and wait for him to come back, hoping the random items he's got are treasure lore.

That seems quite arduous. Maybe I'll pass. A second playthrough of Mario Galaxy is beckoning!

To be honest the lore only gives clues to how to get the extra treasure. When it's finished there's treasure chests above the level names when you click on them on the map, these chests are the treasures you HAVEN'T found yet. Go on those levels and just experiment, doing mad things produces treasure.

An example to get you started:

On the soup level (can't remember the name) if you play the flute tune backwards you get some treasure. It's things like this that reap reward :)

Well, I'm a bit late to the completionista party, but here I am at last.

I played the game steady the weekend of release, but I don't think I put in much time since then- until the end of last week and over the weekend. It was tough in places but I didn't use one oracle doll (tempted as I was!) and I used a few revives here and there to avoid having to do large pieces over again. Aside from being completely stumped a few times and only managing to progress by getting somewhat lucky in finding new things to interact with, the game was straight forward enough as long as you approached it in the right manner.

The ending was "open"...

a tear jerker. Wiki...

:weep: I dunno what was meant to happen, but I like to think that that treasure chest that they found at the end was Wiki returning.

And what about Barbaros? He was...

kinda similar around the face to Ganondorf.

Top game then. I dunno if/ when I'll return to it to get the extra treasures but its cool that the option is there. Now the buy Zack and Wiki campaign is behind us, lets get the "Buy Fire Emblem!" campaign rolling.

It was tough in places but I didn't use one oracle doll (tempted as I was!) and I used a few revives here and there to avoid having to do large pieces over again.

Well done DSM! I had to look at a FAQ a few times I admit. On the soup level too. *Hangs head in shame*. This was before I fully realised the item/creature conversion mechanic.

The ending was "open"...

Yes, definitely a tear jerker. Mind you, I was also distraught at seeing Wiki frozen in that boss level ("Soooo coooold")

steggy, thanks, I might do what you suggest, but at the moment it's at the bottom of my TODO list.

*Cryptic spoilers ahead!*

Thanks Patch, but I'm sure you can imagine how close I came to using the Oracle Dolls- a few moments of inspiration (luck!) saw me through when I was really really stuck like in the tennis level and the potions level. More times than enough was it on my one last go that I found a new item/ something to click on that let me progress a bit more when I was on the verge of getting a hint.

Even on the very last boss, it took me a few goes to even figure out how to use the "force field" to fend off the huge crocodile clips- and how obvious was that. :(

The level before the boss was really good. I spent a good hour on it after Match of the Day on Saturday night just sneaking around it and seeing what could be done. After an initial untimely death or two, I got right to the sword fight bit and couldn't figure out how to progress cos the baddies were unending... then I figured out somehow what to do with the snake on Sunday afternoon (after sleeping on it obviously, I didn't play it all night...) and got it finished off. Though there was an unused item, the golden crown...

As for Maddy... I didn't even uncover half of the map. I found a rhythm where when I died in a level I returned to base to see Maddy and send him out again. I think it was this that kept me from using revives alot of the time.

If they make a sequel, it needs bigger levels with even more twisted puzzles and more items. One of my favourite items is the lighter- flick the remote to open it and press down on the d-pad to light it up.

Even on the very last boss, it took me a few goes to even figure out how to use the "force field" to fend off the huge crocodile clips- and how obvious was that. :(

I must admit, I didn't have the patience to figure that out. There was defiinitely a sense of trial and error about it, which was at odds with the logical thinking of everything before it.

The level before the boss was really good.

Agreed. I love games that start you in a cell with a seemingly impossible task of escaping. Twilight Princess, Goldeneye, Fantasy World Dizzy(!) etc... The satisfaction of escaping is usually quite high.

If they make a sequel, it needs bigger levels with even more twisted puzzles and more items. One of my favourite items is the lighter- flick the remote to open it and press down on the d-pad to light it up.

Aye, that was a good one. I would like to see:

a) Dual-wielded items (everyone has a nunchuk for this). There could be juggling, cymbals, or even the motion of running with your arms pumping up and down.

b) Bigger levels with checkpoints along the way.

c) Optional first-person viewpoint for finding hidden things.

Full on stuck on this level where i have to shake the wii mote in time to the bells. Dont know what im doing wrong. Help anyone?

Edit: just as i ask for help i do it :S

Play.com have this in stock for £14.99 if anyone is interested.

Just bagged myself a copy as it should make a nice little game for the Christmas holidays!

I'm sure there are a lot of people on here who, like me, always wanted to get around to getting this sometime and now's your chance!

I did similar things with the Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time threads in the DS forum.. and now I'm bringing the Zack & Wiki thread back to life :heh:

Is anyone playing this game right now? With the price on Play.com £14.99, I'm sure many people picked this up who didn't get it first time around!

I had a decent amount of sections cleared last year but somehow the game got placed on the backburner while a mountain of other games were taken care of throughout 2008.. but yesterday, I got back into it : peace:

Zack & Wiki really is a fantastic game and it looks like I am getting towards the end with it (though I know there will be more to play through after that..) but I almost forgot how much fun it all was! Definitely one of the best games on Wii, I recommend it to anyone.. if you haven't picked it up yet, please reconsider :heh:

Is anyone playing this game right now? With the price on Play.com £14.99, I'm sure many people picked this up who didn't get it first time around!

I was going to bump this last night because my copy arrived a few days ago from Play. I'm at a stage with a baby dragon following me that after a while gets bored and starts screaming (which makes it mother start breathing down fire at me) so I have to rock it to sleep every little while by rocking the Wiimote lol

I'm enjoying it and I like the way that a few levels had a couple of ways of completing it. I kind of wish restarting a level when you mess up was a bit faster. But overall its great.

On a side note, I find the Bonelich mini game impossible to do, have any of you managed to do them?

I got this game over Christmas from play.com.

Completed it and loved ever minute!

I'm now doing the secret chest hunt and am finding some of them impossible!! I go into some levels and literally have no clue whatsoever!!

Such a great game though and would love a sequel!

On a side note, I find the Bonelich mini game impossible to do, have any of you managed to do them?
The shake to the beat game?

I'd be surprised if that's what you're talking about; because I don't think any of them have ever taken me more than 3 goes and I've done a number of them them first time!

I bought this last summer but I only got up to the second world boss. I'll have to get back to it sometime.

i rented it from love film, wasnt really impressed. it had a couple of instences of messed up logic (frog to a bomb?) and i found the voices very annoying. especialy wiki. god how i hated wiki.

got to the first boss, was penalised for not being psychic and called it a day. kinda fun but not my thing.

zaaaaaackuuuuuuuuu!

how can you not love the little guy? :heh:

And frog to a bomb isn't messed up logic as its a fictional world with its own internal logic. Messed up logic would be frog to bomb in one level and frog to hammer in another.

zaaaaaackuuuuuuuuu!

how can you not love the little guy? :heh:

And frog to a bomb isn't messed up logic as its a fictional world with its own internal logic. Messed up logic would be frog to bomb in one level and frog to hammer in another.

its ZAAAAAAAACKUUUUUUUUU that made me hate him.. its annoying after 0.1 of a second.

i suppose the frog bomb wasnt the wierd in itself, but it just seemed a strech, a bomb from a frog? poor frog.

i rented it from love film, wasnt really impressed. it had a couple of instences of messed up logic (frog to a bomb?) and i found the voices very annoying. especialy wiki. god how i hated wiki.

got to the first boss, was penalised for not being psychic and called it a day. kinda fun but not my thing.

Ha. I can just imagine someone sitting there now after turning the frog into a bomb tuttung "Well THAT would never happen".

Maybe it's a lil too hardcore for some.

Picked this up for £10 last year, need to get back into it as it ended up in my backlog of games even though i enjoyed the first couple of levels & thought i'd leave it till i could take my time with it & not rush it. Think i'll have to start from the beginning when i finally play it again.

I got put off it because my first Wii mote was bust.. made those "music mini games" unplayable.. but ill play this again at some time.. love it