NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

The store I preordered it from apparently hasn't got it yet, as they still show the release date on the game's page. Hope they'll get it tomorrow.

Mine's been shipped from shop-to in the last few hours, should be here tomorrow morning!

It did? I cancelled my pre-order only a few hours ago because it didn't get shipped and still said 'Stock Due In'.

Odd. I even still have my NiGHTs pre-order with them and that's yet to get shipped.

Mine got shipped from GAME today but I still havent recieved my official component cable from an Amazon seller. Worst case scenario, the cable doesnt arrive before the game and I just put up with a blurry picture for a while.

Mine has been sent from Gameplay , although I still don't get the dispatch emails (and haven't for a while now) so it should be here Friday. May even be here tomorrow but for some reason I never seem to get my stuff next day from them.

They have also sent my Geo Wars Galaxies but it looks like they have charged me £19.99 instead of the £17.99 that it ended up getting reduced to.

May not be worth a phone call as the cost of the call will probably come to more than the £2 difference.

Ok a few lazy questions from your friendly neighbour 2020 x 0.5. Right I'm stuck between Ghost squad and this. I've heard great things about GS, and some people haven't loved the Z&W experience. So with both coming out on my birthday what would make the better self given present. Second question what's the lowest price you've seen it going for.

Surprisingly gameplay managed to get both this and Geo Wars to me today , now I have to decide which one to tackle first.

Ten10 , to answer your question re. price , I picked this up for £27.99 at gameplay. Initially £32.99 but if you check the bargain threads there is a code that someone kindly provided which saves you £5 , worked on my order.

Just popped home from work for lunch and seen that my copy aswell as my component cable has arrived. I will be taking this game on come 2 o`clock.

Jippy finished it!! finally! man this game is pretty tough

What's the lifespan like? I've been avoiding reviews as I want to be suprised by this game in every other department.

Decided that I will buy it tomorrow, as I will be reciving 2 Wii games for my birthday next month so should be able to afford this now. :yay:

Just popped home to play it at lunch and I love it! Not got to any of the interesting puzzles yet as I only had half an hour but I love the presentation and the gameplay so far. It feels a little like a rare game from the N64 era, and that's a good thing for me.

I played for around an hour this morning, did the first few stages in that time. I'm really impressed with the game so far. icon14.gif

The presentation is indeed excellent, it's very solid in the visual and audio department (at last another Wii game to support true 16:9!) and definitely shows that a lot of effort has gone in to making this game look good. The developers have clearly taken inspiration from the Zelda series (especially Wind Waker) which is great.

Gameplay wise it seems pretty perfect, the point and click mechanism works well, as do the motion controls. I can’t wait to see what kind of interesting Wii Remote actions will be required as the game progresses, already been some pretty cool stuff.

Not come across anything too taxing yet but I’m sure it won’t be long before I get completely stuck on a puzzle, I can just tell it’s going to be one of those games. :wink:

Oh, and I absolutely love Wiki already, what a great character! :grin:

ur all making me so jealous. im unable to justify buying a new wii game atm :( besides, super paper mario and dragonball z budokai 2 (tis only £16 off amazon these days - is it much cop?) are higher up the list. hope u all have fun - no spoilers i will be buying it at some point : peace:

Played a few levels today, I thought it would be fun to jump into the boss stage but I got stuck and couldn't be bothered going on.

Wiki is a great character, funny watching him eat chocolate. Definintly glad I bought this, will be good to add to my ever growing Wii collection.

I have managed to spend a couple of hours with this and am loving it.

Have only done the first four or five puzzles as I seem to spend a bit of a while in the hideout , just trying to see what sort of unlockables and such are available.

Also replayed a first couple of levels just to get a higher HQ (doesn't appear to be anything to be gained from doing so).

My only real gripe so far is the trial-and-error instant death type of gameplay but there are far too many positives (humour , presentation , controls and uniqueness) to compensate this.

lifespan (if you love puzzlers like this) is at least 80 hours. its really hard but full of fun! and it is clear this game is really inspired by the Zelda games they made

80 hours just to get through the main quest? Wow, I'm so gonna get it tomorrow. My local toy store didn't have it on wednesday =(

Can't do the end of the first boss level wen you kep falling, no idea what to do and the star doesn't turn red anywhere and i've tried shaking the Wii-mote about.

If I get stuck this early on, i'm looking forward to the rest.

i dunno why but i thought zack and wiki was out in march :S think will get this for my birthday in 2 weeks then :)

Mine didn't arrive... because of the horrible weather.

Probably tomorrow.

I managed to play for an hour when I got in from work but then I fell asleep. Not due to the game just as I had been up since 5, just got up now so I will have some food and a shower before heading back on it.

Anyway, I loved the time I have spent on this. The controls are great, the graphics colourful and cartoony ( just the way I like them ) and the characters are full of charm.

I was worried about Wiki as I read in a few reviews that he is annoying. I know that its still early days but I love him to bits. I demand some form of Wiki plush!