NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

Im still confused why they chose to release this along with a few other decent games on the same day.

Im really looking forward to it as its one of the few 3rd party titles that looks like some effort has gone into it. Everyone should buy this game!

*adds a countdown to title*

Bargain hunters unite!

The games out in a week so what I want to know is where have you all pre-ordered this and where is the best deal?

Asda and LoveFilm (when did they start selling games) and doing this for £27.93 - never used either for pre-orders so can't vouch for them.

Shopto have this at £29.99 - usually send it very early if they can , but I did have a couple of problems with them prior to Christmas.

I haven't pre-ordered yet but this is on my must-buy list so I had best sort that out.

I'm still not sure whether to get this or not. I've kinda been out of the loop for a while, so I'm not clued up on all the details of this game.

I'm still not sure whether to get this or not. I've kinda been out of the loop for a while, so I'm not clued up on all the details of this game.

Buy it. Even if you don't play it, buy it anyway.

Just remembered about this because of this topic...that gives me 7 days to complete Metroid Prime :yay:

It will be my birthday so I don't know what I want more this or booze. And if the law on drinking changes by now and then I'll still be legal.

It's supposed to be a very good adventure/puzzle game, simialr to point a click adventures of old. The main complaint has been the difficulty of some of the puzzles, but I think as this game has been out for a while now, if you get stuck and can't be bothered to work it out then there should be plenty of walkthroughs available.

Buy it. Even if you don't play it, buy it anyway.

Just remembered about this because of this topic...that gives me 7 days to complete Metroid Prime :yay:

Hmm, I dunno if I should, I recently bought Sonic and the Secret Rings, and then Guitar Hero before that, and I'm still playing other games, too.

I'm actually a bit spoilt with the Wii atm. :)

Just got this pre-ordered. I know nothing apart from that it's a puzzle game. Why am I getting it you ask, i've heard nothing but good things about this from forumers and other sites and I want a good 3rd party game.

I've heard it's really good but selling badly so i'm showing my support!

Also pre-ordered NiGHTs, shall be fun when they arrive.

I want to buy this next week, but with 3 games coming out next month (NMH, MOH:H2 and BWII) I think I'll have to pass :(

Next month it's NMH,BWii and dunno what else, i'm sure there's something. But Q1 will be tight.

I want to buy this next week, but with 3 games coming out next month (NMH, MOH:H2 and BWII) I think I'll have to pass :(

Are they all out next month in the UK? BWii AND MOH:H2 included?

For fucks sake.

Asda and LoveFilm (when did they start selling games) and doing this for £27.93 - never used either for pre-orders so can't vouch for them.

Shopto have this at £29.99 - usually send it very early if they can , but I did have a couple of problems with them prior to Christmas.

I haven't pre-ordered yet but this is on my must-buy list so I had best sort that out.

I've had a look at both of them, Piggy, and I think I might go with the Asda option. It says that it would be dispatched as soon as it becomes available, so why not try them out.

This item should arrive with you in time for the release date. Please allow 3-5 working days after dispatch for delivery to your chosen address. The item should arrive with you in time for the release date including delivery time.

Heres linkage if anyone else is interested: http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/asda/9947572.product

Hmm, I dunno if I should, I recently bought Sonic and the Secret Rings, and then Guitar Hero before that, and I'm still playing other games, too.

I'm actually a bit spoilt with the Wii atm. :)

Even if you won't play it till a bit down the line, buy it at release anyway. Apparently it's rediculously rare in America now.

I'll buy this the day it comes out (will trade in the awful Phanton Hourglass too). Won't be able to play it until after exams though..:(

I pre-ordered this on Wednesday.... oddly when the shop assistant keyed it in he said.."hhmmmm this says it was out in December"

Guess they never updated their system....hope they still get it on Friday

IGN UK have got their review together and have scored this with a highly respectable 9.1/ 10. Here's the closing comments:

Closing Comments

Ultimately, Zack & Wiki is exactly what the Wii was designed for – a joyous game that mixes classic, near-perfect level design with a brilliantly-implemented new control system – and it simply could not exist on any other console. Not a fan of humour and imagination? Prefer games with grey bricks, grey sky and brown ground as opposed to cute cartoonishness? Then Zack and Wiki’s not for you, and you’re missing out. Everyone else will find more than enough to love about this innovative, mischievous, fantastically well-designed adventure puzzler to justify the purchase price.

If you wanna read the review and further hype yourself or if you need some convincing on whether to buy Z&W, the full thing can be found here:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/845/845282p1.html

I'm getting really excited for this now. Gonna be awesome having this and NiGHTs together.

Seen the TV ad twice today, looks really good, would have bought it, but there's a ton of other stuff I want this year so I can't just yet.

Hell yeah :D

And they making the Zack and Wiki 2

Im so sad for the producers, it has saled so badly and it looks so good... But we will show them that in Europe, we are smart :P

I pre-ordered it from PowerPlay awhile ago for £27, status is still "Pre-release."

Anybody used them before? How fast are they usually?

Understand this, the game didn't sell badly and it didn't flop. It actually surpassed Capcom's expectations. It didn't have a huge budget, it wasn't a big investment and they didn't even make a lot of copies. Games don't have to be million sellers to be succesful for the company