NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7038/1/Capcom_Wii_Exclusive,_New_DS_Gundam_&_More...

Capcom Wii Exclusive

The latest batch of news from Famitsu magazine in Japan has been uncovered showing lots of DS updates, plus an exclusive Wii adventure from Capcom!

Finally, the big revelation is that Capcom has an exclusive Wii project underway called 'Treasure Island Z'. It is an adventure game with puzzle solving included and so far appears to be just what fans of Monkey Island et al have been waiting for as you need to use the Wii controller to help the lead character (a trainee pirate) to solve the puzzles you meet along the way on your quest to find treasure. The game is being directed by Eiichirou Sasaki of biohazard Outbreak 1 and 2 fame, produced by Hironobu Takeshita and has a distinctly 'cute' appearance to it.

tiz.jpg

Well it's an Exclusive Capcom game!

But not really the type of game I was hoping for! Something like;

Powerstone 3, Killer 7 sequel, P.N.03 sequel, Devil May Cry Wii, Steet Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Lost Planet style game!

Maybe next time!

oh good, I'm glad capcom saved some mature content for the wii

haha, first thing I thought as well.

Im glad they decided to do a game like this.

These cartoony, exagerrated graphics serve the Wii far better than attempts at realism, which have so far brought nothing but disappointment.

These cartoony, exagerrated graphics serve the Wii far better than attempts at realism, which have so far brought nothing but disappointment.

true .... but resident evil la la la

Well, we're already getting Umbrella Chronicles. There's no excuse to slag this game off, it's compared to the Monkey Island games, so it should be nothing short of amazing.

Oh noes, it's not a gritty alien shooter set in a post-apocolyptic wasteland, if I play this people at school might bully me and call me a baby, why can't people make mature games for the 13 year old wanabee gangster market.

First thing I thought of was one piece - now if they change the hat of the main character just a little bit have loads of other villnous pirates. Like a micky take on Buggy the pirate clown.

I'm so there. Doubt it will get a western release though.

YES, ADVENTURE GAMES! DS and Wii are perfect for them, I hope devs take the chance and revive the genre.

its not really my type of game but who knows maybe it turns out suprisingly well

but it is a good thing that the wii gets almost al the Anime Games like Naruto , dragonball , One piece , treasure island , pokemon , i hope more of those games are on the way only treasure island doesn't atract me at all

now i want a hardcore Guyver Game that would rock

I'm liking that art style on this. Should be pretty sweet, the in game stuff looks great. I hate this rampant desire for "mature content", it almost seems like to flood the wii with the usual stuff would be a major step backward.

I hope devs take the chance and revive the genre.
I hope lucasarts takes the chance and revive themselfes. :heh:

Well it's an Exclusive Capcom game!

But not really the type of game I was hoping for! Something like;

Powerstone 3, Killer 7 sequel, P.N.03 sequel, Devil May Cry Wii, Steet Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Lost Planet style game!

Maybe next time!

Arrrgh Capcom why? Of all the cool exclusives you could've given us, we get this? I would've loved any of the titles mentioned above, but this is just another gae that does absolutely nothing for me.

If they right a story like one piece and manage to fit it to this game - I will tip my hat of to them.

But the game I'm waiting for is Tenacious D: The game

If they right a story like one piece and manage to fit it to this game - I will tip my hat of to them.

But the game I'm waiting for is Tenacious D: The game

The movie was apparently 'painful' to say the least.

The movie was apparently 'painful' to say the least.

What Tenacious D, heck no it was the best film of 2006.

I'm totally lost for words here. WHAT. THE. FUCK?

tiz.jpg

!

for gods sake people. The wii needs new ips. All ye want is sequels? remember the gamecube and remember how that turned out.What there are like maybe 3 or 4 new series for it..

that film was a piece of crap. The trailer showed the only good part

Im glad they decided to do a game like this.

exactly! i mean some of ye people are turning into sony fanboys

New info, story, US release date...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7079/1/More_Details_Emerge_About_Capcom

"Innovation has been the cornerstone of Capcom’s successful history" said Charles Bellfield, Vice President of Marketing at Capcom Entertainment, in the latest press release. "By introducing a whole new level of interactivity, this title reinforces our commitment to pushing the limits on how people view and play games."

The game follows the story of a young treasure-seeking apprentice pirate by the name of Zack, who hapens to come across the mysterious talking skull of a pirate called Brabaros. Legend has it that this revered pirate once stole the world’s treasure and hid it on a mysterious island. Though no one knows of its exact location, stories about the untold riches that lay in wait have been passed down through the ages, driving pirates from all walks of life to pursue the alluring prizes. If Zack will help to lift the curse he is under, then Barbaros promises to reveal the key to the island...

Players will explore a variety of wondrous environments and stages, solving puzzles and interacting with the world in search of vast riches and the ultimate pursuit of becoming the greatest pirate the world has ever seen. Inventive gameplay mechanics and controller movements allow players to move and open objects, transform items, unlock new pathways and navigate through perilous stages based on a variety of themes including a jungle, ice temple, volcanic caves and more, each with their own sub-areas. Players will rotate handles, turn keys to open doors, play a piccolo and much more in order to solve the progressively difficult puzzle stages and collect Barbaros’s legendary treasures.

Capcom currently has plans to release Project Treasure Island Z this autumn in the United States, with no announced date for the rest of the world. With the fine adventure work we've seen from Capcom in the past in the form of Phoenix Wright on the Nintendo DS, no doubt we'll see more fine craftsmanship in this title when it gets released.

treasure2.jpg

Look mate, even the trailor was wank, so that says a lot about the film itself lol.