NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Gaijin von Snikbah

Bad Game Covers

haha that's quite amusing.

it's the same case with Ico. Any trace of gentility and effeminate tones are ruthlessly eradicated in the name of appeasing the homophobic American teen market. It's pretty fucked up when you think about it.

The european (and japanese) boxart of ICO was inspired by paintings of Di Chirico - lovely paintings - check them out and you'll see that they're inspired on them. Really great stuff. The American one is the generic American-hero boxart. if you don't do that, you don't sell any copies over there...

The european (and japanese) boxart of ICO was inspired by paintings of Di Chirico - lovely paintings - check them out and you'll see that they're inspired on them. Really great stuff. The American one is the generic American-hero boxart. if you don't do that, you don't sell any copies over there...

I wasn't aware Ico sold any copies anywhere anyway. I still don't know if I really like the game, but I'm gonna keep it for my collection anyway.

Thats just plain disturbing!

Agreed... I mean, what the hell is he pointing to?!

Maybe he's overjoyed they're on a PS1 game? It looks like he's pointing to that!

Fame and fortune! Or perhaps the PlayStation logo.

Incidentally, I think I still have Wonder Boy in Monster Land around someplace. I'll try to dig it out to verify its existence.

The US versions of Kirby games, where they take the japanese box art, give him evil eyes and make it "Exxtreme!" for American kids.

kirbyconspiracymk0.th.jpg

That is awesome! Good Kirby, evil Kirby, good Kirby, evil Kirby!

The US versions of Kirby games, where they take the japanese box art, give him evil eyes and make it "Exxtreme!" for American kids.

kirbyconspiracymk0.th.jpg

Most of our Kirby's are the American version too unfortunetly. Why can't they just let him look pleasant if slightly bemused, as God intended?

B000EOTWSI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

OBJECTION? moar liek ERECTION! m i rite?

I'll never look at it the right way again...

7348240.jpg

This one is suite 'we need a cover, use Times New Roman to type text on ancient art we had for months!' Cheap.

i can't find that escape from bug island boxart. Will somebody post it because it is the worst ever

bubble_bobble_ds_f.jpg

ha but not as bad as

box-l.jpg

box-l.jpg

I can't understand how the hell someone can let this shit come out lol.

I actually did burst out laughing at some of these. The Bubble Bobble Revolution and Wonder Boy in MONSSSSTAAA Land covers made me laugh the most.

Right, I'm going to repost and forgo the spoiler tags as I'm starting to think people are simply missing it:

1MetrocrossA.jpg

Just look at it. Look at it! Look at his gurning face!

I just don't think it can be bettered (worsened?); every time I think about it it makes me laugh. A slightly manic laugh, but a laugh all the same.

Right, I'm going to repost and forgo the spoiler tags as I'm starting to think people are simply missing it:

1MetrocrossA.jpg

Just look at it. Look at it! Look at his gurning face!

I just don't think it can be bettered (worsened?); every time I think about it it makes me laugh. A slightly manic laugh, but a laugh all the same.

Is he giving the invisible man a blowjob whilst on a skateboard?

Sign in to follow this