NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Naruto: Clash of Ninja MVZ

Tomy and D3 have finally announced Naruto: Clash of Ninja MVZ for the Nintendo Wii today. Clash of Ninja will be a head to head fighting game with content created specifically for the North American market. The announcement says the game will likely ship Fall 2007. Likewise, the fighter will feature characters never before featured in the Clash of the Ninja series and it'll also take advantage of the Wii Remote's motion sensing capabilities. 4 players will be able to compete across 9 gameplay modes. 14 fighters will be selectable, a Story Mode, various single player modes and multiplayer modes will highlight the package.

“For some time we have wanted to give NARUTO fans in North America something they could not find anywhere else, and in NARUTO: Clash of Ninja MVZ we have a game with original, exclusive content that will amaze them,” said Mark Shinohara, executive vice president, TOMY Corporation. “For TOMY, 2007 and the release of NARUTO: Clash of Ninja MVZ will mark a significant milestone in not only our relationship with D3PA, but in TOMY’s expansion in the video game industry.”

“NARUTO proved to be a significant brand on the Nintendo GameCube™ in 2006 staying near the top of the sales charts from the release of the first Clash of Ninja in March 2006, to the release of the second Clash of Ninja game in September 2006 and through the holiday season,” said Careen Yapp, vice president of licensing and business development, D3PA. “NARUTO: Clash of Ninja MVZ will take advantage of this exciting new entertainment platform and will reach out to a whole new audience for NARUTO.”

nintendowii.net

Is this just the Shipuuden game out already do you know? I've been hearing mixed things about that game now, i hope the next one fixes the supposed 'flaws' of the game (if there is to be one).

There's already a Naruto thread right here.

By all means to the mods and admins you can merge/lock as you see fit.

This the geikotou taisen 4 (or wtvr)? It's coming out on US? Awesome! Please come to Eu!

Hey guys, I'm just going to speculate and be logical here:

I do not think this will be a Shippuuden game. In other words, I do not think this will be an English version of Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX, which came out last month in Japan.

The reasons are simple:

TOMY have never released a Naruto game in the US that had anything the anime has not revealed at the time it was released. Even when Yondaime (the Fourth Hokage) appeared in the Bandai Playstation 2 games, he had nothing specific about him from the manga. TOMY follow Viz's license when they release the games in the US. The Clash of the Ninja series was always released succeeding the storyline of the anime on Cartoon Network.

For GNT:EX to be released in English, they would need English dubbers for (highlight future character names: Itachi, Kisame, Jidanbo, Kidomaru, Tayuya, Ukon/Sakon, Kimimaro, Deidera and Sasori), which they won't have yet. They would also be releasing a game which Naruto's legal American fan base would not understand. It would possibly alienate and annoy their intended audience. Remember that whilst we tend to watch fansubs, Naruto's biggest audience is not their legitimate one.

What I would imagine us getting is Clash of the Ninja 3, with something nice and special. Characters maybe that haven't even been in the Japanese release, and an update to make it like the new Wii game. That is, Wii controls, improved arenas, new modes, minigames, maybe that leg-holster thing and if we're insanely lucky, some studio support (proper soundtrack, some exclusive animation). Maybe even online play, although that's a lil' stretch.

Edit: Btw, If I'm wrong, I'll be happy about it. I want GNT:EX as much as the next Naruto fan - but logically I don't see it happening. The anime is only released to episode 78 in America, they are not even ready for what happens in the fourth game yet.

Well, I'm not that interested in anime/manga games... however, I know there is a huge market for this sort of thing. So the more the better, I guess.

I only know about Dragon Ball and a little Pokemon anime here and there... that's about covers it... does "Scooby-Doo Get-A-Clue" count as anime?

:wtf:

Oh yeah i forgot how far behind they are. But a Wii naruto 3/4 eh that sounds quite interesting.

Well some more details have been released, I can't be bothered to find and post them, but to put it bluntly, I was spot on. Except apparently there's only 14 regular characters, which just seems dumb to me. I never played the English games but I think even Clash of the Ninja 2 had a bigger base character selection than that. Anyway, as suggested they'll be bringing functions from the Japanese Wii game over, like Wii controls (not seal forming though, Shyguy), minigames, better environments, those kinds of things.

yeah they said 14 characters will be selectable but maybe wat they meant is that 14 chars will be selectable from the start and more unlockable becouse they did not mention that how much chars are hidden

*yawn* Terrible voice acting for a game i already have (kinda).....

Hurry up and make Wii games region free...

I'm not even that interested in GNT:EX even more, too few characters and apparently the graphics are weak and it suffers from framerate issues. Unless there's something unexpectedly exceptional about "Clash of the Ninja MVZ", I think I'll just be waiting for the freeloader and GNT:EX2.

with the dubbing, the characters lose their "seriousness" since the japanese voice actors really work their voice into the characters personality.. then an english bloke knocks his accent over it and ruins it >.<

so yea.. geif reigon free :P or give the game to [DB] and then they can sub it :D

also i LOVE the intro song to Naruto Shipp

3-2-1 Make some Noise!

The 14 characters are just the initial ones it was just tha a dumb idiot made his "review" of the game based on 5 minutes of play. In all the other Naruto games you need to unlock the other characters.

with the dubbing, the characters lose their "seriousness" since the japanese voice actors really work their voice into the characters personality.. then an english bloke knocks his accent over it and ruins it >.<

They're American :heh::indeed:

"Hello, I'm Choji and I don't even sound fat" :S

"I'm the annoyingly voiced Sakura and sound almost the same as Ino"

"I'm Kakashi and I don't even sound knowledgable (sp?)"

I read some Q and A over at IGN about this and Shorty was right nothing really to do with Shippuden.They said they might start from the end of the Chuunin Exam and work to the end but that would overlap the Anime still would it not?

I hope we get it some-what soon.

Sign in to follow this