NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed

You'll have to find the viewpoints that aren't on your map. Just look around for the highest points in the cities.

I didn't find the game to be monotonous, but I haven't any incentive to play through it again (yet).

You'll have to find the viewpoints that aren't on your map. Just look around for the highest points in the cities.

I didn't find the game to be monotonous, but I haven't any incentive to play through it again (yet).

Well I got 9/9 viewpoints in the poor Damascus District and still had 4 memory strands with no map locations or hints. Are there viewpoints that don't add to your tally then and are purely for seeking investigations?

Also when I replay a memory strand on my first playthrough, can I redo the assasination? Sorry for all the dumb questions. :heh:

I'm just finding the Civilain tasks and viewpoints quite repetetive. The Parkour is awesome though :smile:

The first viewpoint you get unveils missions around that area, as well as all other viewpoints. Some viewpoints will only have 1 or 2 missions, or just save civilians, or whatever, and some will have 5-6 missions of all types.

The first viewpoint you get unveils missions around that area, as well as all other viewpoints. Some viewpoints will only have 1 or 2 missions, or just save civilians, or whatever, and some will have 5-6 missions of all types.

They should appear on your map then? After doing the two missions I needed to do before assasination in Poor damascus I got all the viewpoints and it didn't reveal anything. I guess I'll just have to find them.

Dunnno if i should keep this seem pretty boring. The free running thing lasts abit butthere isnt much to do in the setting and imo the UI and map system all are quite weak. Still in Damascus. I have to force myself to play this game. This is in stark constrant to Uncharted which is linear and carefully designed.

Altair: Master im a highly skilled assassin.. don't you think it's about time i learned to swim?

Master: No no theres no need for that

Me: altair.. listen very carefully.. when you jump here.. be sure to make for the boat or one of the poles!! got it?

Altair: uh um ok.. got it..

(insert big SPLASH)

and how very "funny" in the fight against robert only about 1 in every 5 counters works.. and when it does its usually a non lethal.. altair is a fucking idiot

Played this for the first time today... the controls were very fiddly, and the game was a bit repetitive. I'll need to play it more before I come to a decision about it.

ahhh got it... and all flags.. and all templars.. the rest of the achivements I just can't be bothered.. caus ill have toplay it through again to get those.. no thanks..

The fight against Robert was just so much harder i think. and it wasnt that he and his men were stronger or faster but Altair just kept on using hands and feet instead of sword when he made a counter.. that ****

Has anyone else been treating Assassin's Creed as a sight seeing game? In Damascus the huge mosque is almost definately based on the Omayyad Mosque-

damascus3.jpg

Recognise the pattern on the front anyone? The in game replica isn't perfect, but I'm very impressed. And the peaceful palace where the rich fat man starts shooting on the crowd seems heavily influenced by Azem Palace-

AzemPalace2.jpg

p.s. go on holiday to Syria/Damascus, it's awesome.

And quite a more famous landmark in Jerusalem, although I've never been, it was instantly recognisable-

western_wall.jpg

I was wondering, is the place where the executions take place meant to be the actual wailing wall?

This game is so freaking awesome, not so much as an action game, but as an experience.

they based the cities on the 11th century layouts, so yes you're right thinking the basis for eavh building in historical.

I was wondering, is the place where the executions take place meant to be the actual wailing wall?

Aren't the cities themselves historically accurate?

No way!?

Well the mosque in Damascus is a funny shape, but they almost got it right. It should be a bit taller and the grounds inside should be about 4 times the size. The city has changed considerably in the 'old town' part. The famous streets around the mosque have changed since the time too. The palace isn't Azem palace then, I think actually, Azem palace was built much more recently, but it's still very interesting to see the similarities in architecture.

If you like the scenery in assassin's creed and you're thinking of booking a holiday anytime soon then you won't be dissapointed!