NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed

Looks awesome!

The jumping attack looks cool, but the knives seem a little overly-accurate.

They still need to make fight AI better, they need to make it so you can take on, say, 3 at the most at once - 5 is just acceptable, but 10+ is ridiculous!

Those are your special powers kicking in though. See when the symbols flash up on the screen in the trailers? Thats you going "Neo" on their ass.

Isn't Mass Effect out on the same day as well?

November 23rd, a week later! :)

Don't know if anyone's seen these before but, it indicates that the game could be set in alternating time periods, or something.

ACBookCover.jpg?t=1193925718

ACBook9.jpg?t=1193925742

ACBook8.jpg?t=1193925774

ACBook2.jpg?t=1193925838

ACBook4.jpg?t=1193925889

ACBook1.jpg?t=1193925923

These were taken from the game's manual.

Don't know if anyone's seen these before but, it indicates that the game could be set in alternating time periods, or something.

ACBookCover.jpg?t=1193925718

ACBook9.jpg?t=1193925742

ACBook8.jpg?t=1193925774

ACBook2.jpg?t=1193925838

ACBook4.jpg?t=1193925889

ACBook1.jpg?t=1193925923

These were taken from the game's manual.

Assassins Creed is only one game in a new franchise from Ubisoft, and they have already stated that there will be games based in other time periods. We already know that this one is set in the height of the holy wars, just have to see what the next one will be based.

The last link posted in the instruction manuel looks freaking awesome, I don't think it would spoil the AC franchise (if done fairly realistically) with a modern day version, as long as they don't use snipers and loads of guns, we've already got GTA for that.

________

PORTABLE VAPORIZOR REVIEW

Edited by fex

I suppose the equivalent modern day game would involve an assassin driving round the middle east in a fiat punto trying to shoot Osama Bin Laden.

Is it confirmed that the European Collector's Edition includes a bonus dvd?

All I see mentioned at European online stores is the figure, even the picture shows a regular edition inside the box.

I have the L.E. pre-ordered, but if it's missing the extra goodies that are on the US release I'll just get the regular edition (and if I do that it'll be at a later date: just for this month I have currently pre-ordered, besides AC: Mass Effect Collector's Edition, Mario Galaxy, Kane & Lynch Collector's Edition, Game Center CX (Japanese DS game) and UT3 Collector's Edition; wait, I just noticed I also have Lifesigns (DS game) pre-ordered for several months now; and I really wanted to buy a couple of US DS games, like Contra 4 and Megaman ZX Advent, but there's no way I'll have any time to play all this games... :heh:).

I'm genuinely confused as to why I'm not more excited by this. I like knights and medieval crusades, I like free roaming environments, I like graphics that melt eyeballs with it's epic cityscapes. My head screams for it but my heart doesn't care to give it a second glance. Mind you, it doesn't help that my heart has been captured by a starship trooper. A turian one at that.

I'm genuinely confused as to why I'm not more excited by this. I like knights and medieval crusades, I like free roaming environments, I like graphics that melt eyeballs with it's epic cityscapes. My head screams for it but my heart doesn't care to give it a second glance. Mind you, it doesn't help that my heart has been captured by a starship trooper. A turian one at that.

I've gone the same way with Call Of Duty 4, still buying it though.

Can't wait to play this. I just hope my decision to get the PC version doesn't backfire!

Order has been dispatched from Game!

Defiantly looking forward to this game, plan to make it last as long as possible, take everything slowly, do every side mission etc. Don't wanna make this a game which I complete in afew sittings.

I'm the same in the former. I love Knights and all that jazz.

I havn't actually read up on this for ages.

And I'm really glad I havnt. I'd totally forgotten about COD4's single player. Playing the Beta made me kinda want it, not need it though.

I hadn't read anything about the single player and the experience was great. I finally played a game from start to finish, first time in a while. Now this will hopefuly be the same.

1Up given it a 7. Repetitiveness being the key reason for this, that and that stuff is held back for the sequel.

My fears, confirmed.

I don't care what reviews say, I'm buying this anyway.

Although not right away, because I have exams in the next couple weeks, and Mario Galaxy will be enough of a diversion already. I really shouldn't even be buying Mario, nevermind this :p