NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed

This has jumped up to joint first with many other titles, nearing the top though, of my most wanted list.

3 big cities! Horse riding in betwee from the older videos, climbing up walls.

It's gonna be a good game.

I feel this game will be similar to RE4 in a certain way: it'll be hyped to the point of stupidity, and then once you've played it, you'll look back, and and think "Wow, all those trailers and stuff made it look rubbish compared to what it is!"

Also, a release of a demo (maybe the one shown late last year?) would not harm the hype in a negative way...

I'm over excited...

I mean, look at just the sword fighting!

It's so detailed, and so clever, like the way you can punch someone when you've deflected their attack, but left yourself open. Or the way Altiar spins after blocking a slash, and takes out the guy's legs.

And it's only a minor "nuts and bolts" part of the game!

I feel this game will be similar to RE4 in a certain way: it'll be hyped to the point of stupidity, and then once you've played it, you'll look back, and and think "Wow, all those trailers and stuff made it look rubbish compared to what it is!"

Also, a release of a demo (maybe the one shown late last year?) would not harm the hype in a negative way...

I'm over excited...

I mean, look at just the sword fighting!

It's so detailed, and so clever, like the way you can punch someone when you've deflected their attack, but left yourself open. Or the way Altiar spins after blocking a slash, and takes out the guy's legs.

And it's only a minor "nuts and bolts" part of the game!

I had that exact same feeling after playing Res Evil 4... and as you've said, I feel that this game also has that that "look".

The only worry I have is the combat actually, I mean, the Pirates of the Carribean game had sword fights that looked good as a video but played by just pressing "A" a lot. I hope the fighting in this game is as fun to play as it is to watch.

I have a feeling this game will be a big let down. Dont ask me why, I can just sense it!

Agreed

Today for no apparent reason I thought "OMG, this is gonna be shit!"

And Im still looking forward to it, I dunno why, its too good to be true!!

lol

This game wont let us down, no way. I think its going to be outstanding. Ubisoft are great developers and from what ive seen, it looks great.

I'm keeping my eye on this game, it does look amazing and it looks like it will be another one of them must have games for the 360 like GoW is at the moment. And it is by Ubisoft, the developers of the great Prince of Persia games. So i'm thinking this will be a great game as i've heard it is being made by the PoP team.

After reading IGN's hands on, I will eat my own balls if this turns out to be disapointing.

After reading IGN's hands on, I will eat my own balls if this turns out to be disapointing.

Suddenly, a rather sick, twisted part of me wants this to be a poor game...:indeed:

Here is said hands-on.

Sorry if old, I didn't see it in this thread...

My impressions of it so far: it appears Shino will not have to taste the contents of his scrotum...

The storyline's a bit risky though: you play an Arab out to kill influential Jewish/Christian figures.

Nothing particularly "wrong" about it, it's just like a normal game, but in today's climate a bit risky.

The storyline's a bit risky though: you play an Arab out to kill influential Jewish/Christian figures.

Nothing particularly "wrong" about it, it's just like a normal game, but in today's climate a bit risky.

No, you play an American with a Christian mother and Muslim father killing Christians or Muslims.

CONTEXT/STORY:

It's set in Jerusalem during the Crusades, where Saladin, the city's Islamic leader, is leading an attack against Richard the Great and his Christian invaders.

Saladin, not wanting his city taken from him, is at war fighting Richard, and leaves his city in the hands of generals - however these generals are corrupt and have made Jerusalem a mess.

The main character is Altaïr, a disgraced assassin, who has to bring Jerusalem back to the way Saladin left it. In doing so, he will regain his status as an assassin.

However, Altaïr discovers the generals aren't all they seem...

Without a doubt, probably the most ballsy game in recent years...

No, you play an American with a Christian mother and Muslim father killing Christians or Muslims.

lol, not American, but yeah he's multi-faithed. Although, back in those days, children took on the religion of their father.

lol, not American, but yeah he's multi-faithed.

Watch the E3 on-stage demo, and listen to his accent, and then tell me he's not a yank...:mad:

Watching the video Chuck posted and it looks soo good.

Now you may be like myself and be thinking what the hell was with the quite patchy looking stage demo of Assasins Creed?

Well according to cvg

CVG has heard that there was a very good reason the live demo of Assassin's Creed didn't go exactly to plan at Microsoft E3 press conference.

Following the demo of Ubisoft's new IP at the Microsoft conference last Tuesday many people came away under-whelmed. Looking back at the CVG blog of the conference we said, "Dead bodies are floating in the air, this looks a bit buggy and the demo's not going to plan. Jade laughs it off though so we'll forgive her." And to be fair we did.

Apparently the reason Jade Raymond and her accomplice had a few issues with the live playable demo (that was a bit buggy in places) was that the Montreal development studio had to rush to get something ready for the show as the request of Microsoft. This apparently happened because Bungie couldn't get a playable demo of Halo 3's single-player campaign ready to show in time.

We thought it was strange that there wasn't a live demo of the single-player portion from Bungie, especially as two members of the team were demoing the title behind closed hotel room doors.

Bungie instead showed a montage of footage from both single and multiplayer parts of the game. Take a look at that here.

The Halo 3 single player demo we witnessed in a hotel was cut short because the person in charge of the pad kept dying and couldn't finished the section in time. Even that seemed to be a little bit rushed.

All fingers are pointing to Microsoft putting the pressure on to get a live playable demo of the platform's biggest games up and running for the conference.

As far as all those rumours that say Assassin's Creed won't actually be that good, forget them. We played it and loved it. Look out for first-hand impressions soon.

Surely a "billion dollar franchise" would be able to produce a single player demo quicker then a game trying to establish itself AND out later than September. If they couldnt produce a demo so close to release...Id be worried!!

But at least it shows that there was a reason for the AC demo being a bit mad in places, for a while I thought my earlier suspicions of it being crap were true!!

You should. Get Rainbow 6 vegas and gears and join in our nights of fun.

The new trailer on PSN was pretty good. Seems to be a nice looking game on PS3. But with Ubisoft games you never know.

Will the game come with a Jade Raymon poster? :D~~

Seriously, this game looks really good it has lots of potential

This does look amazing as i said earlier, with the GTA delay this is now the next game i am getting for the 360 after Colin McRae, which i should be getting soon.

I just like the fact that you can blend right into the crowd to avoid the guards, it looks cool as well. This is just the type of game i have been looking for since i got my 360 back in December

Preorderpack_Visuel056_screen.jpg

From Gamerspot:

Ubisoft in Australia has confirmed that preorders for their upcoming action adventure game Assassin's Creed will begin this October, with all gamers who preorder receiving a limited-edition pack of the game.

The preorder pack will come in a collectible metal display box which features a numbered authenticity hologram. As well as the game, the pack will come with a bonus DVD which includes wallpapers, screensavers, Assassin's Creed videos, and "The Artefact"--a PC application which grants VIP access to exclusive information and content. An Assassin's Creed comic book will also be included.

Prices for the pack, however, will vary depending on which platform gamers decide to purchase for. PS3 owners will have to pay the most at A$119.95, Xbox 360 owners get the next most expensive at A$109.95, while PC owners get it for A$89.95.

This is the first and only limited edition I will ever get. I thought there was going to be one with a figure with it...hopefully there will be another on with!

And now that Mass Effect has been delayed for a couple weeks it means I have even more time to dedicate to this!

assassins-creed.jpg

with all gamers who preorder receiving a limited-edition pack of the game.

Does that mean it comes at no extra cost to the regular version, as long as I preorder?