NEurope
Daft

Assassin's Creed

Here is an interview from the "beautiful female producer" (Famitsu's official title for her it seems), Jade Raymond! Its a good read:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200705/N07.0523.1653.37195.htm?Page=1

There shouldn't be any differences at all. We're sharing the exact same assets. The engines have the same capabilities. Both systems have different things going for them. With PLAYSTATION 3, currently, you can see maybe a slight difference in some of the textures. With Xbox 360 right now you may see a little bit smoother framerate, maybe a couple more frames per second right now. It's so negligible right now that unless you're sitting there looking at them both side by side, you're not going to see any difference. And that's our goal — to deliver the exact same experience on both of them.

Apparently Assassin's Creed won't take advantage of the SIXAXIS's motion controls and a Wii port is "totally out of the question." No news on the DS version I see.

asscreed_0.jpg

TBH, this is probably the first game I would actually concider a next-gen game.

Here is an interview from the "beautiful female producer" (Famitsu's official title for her it seems), Jade Raymond! Its a good read:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200705/N07.0523.1653.37195.htm?Page=1

Apparently Assassin's Creed won't take advantage of the SIXAXIS's motion controls and a Wii port is "totally out of the question." No news on the DS version I see.

asscreed_0.jpg

TBH, this is probably the first game I would actually concider a next-gen game.

It is looking good. I'm really interested in this game, I'll more than likely pick it up.

Frankly, I'm getting a hard on for this game. It looks incredible.

:grin:

Is that a new screen shot?

Looks amazing this game.

add GTA IV + Alan Wake to that list too and i would agree with you...

Yea, same. I just thought of those off the top of my head and I would probably add Mass Effect and one or two more...but probably not.

Here are some new scrrenshots:

acscreen2.jpg

The small towns in the background look awesome, I can't wait to explore!

acscreen3.jpg

acscreen1.jpg

acscreen4.jpg

acscreen5.jpg

Apparently the level that they have been demoingis just for the demo and won't be in the final game...seems kind of a waste!:hmm:

Although it would be quite cool if the demo we got on XBL was not in the final game!

Yeah, whens a demo for this gonna come out on XBL? I really, really can't wait to play this game :D

I honestly cannot find fault with this game, it just looks plain awesome. GoTY material without a doubt.

I honestly cannot find fault with this game, it just looks plain awesome. GoTY material without a doubt.

I've found a massive fault: it's not out yet! :indeed:

Prince of Persia was basically the best platformer of last gen. This is made by the same developers. I think it's safe to say that there's no way that it could be bad.

Ps. I hate Alan Partridge o_0. Just thought you might like to know :p,

I want this game nao!

Knowing me knowing you....AAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

As a general rule I'm vary wary of Ubishots, so I'll save judgment for when I have the game in my hands. But as far as I'm concerned, that can't come soon enough. This is my most anticipated game, and Jade Raymond has said it will be coming out this year — at a guess I'd say late November.

It's also known that the game isn't just heading straight to marks, there's also an investigative side to things. Pickpocketing, interrogation, and trailing people have been mentioned, so I'm hoping that there will be supplementary missions that you can do outside the major cities — the latest trailer showed a snippet of Altier swinging his sword whilst on his horse, so there might even be some mounted combat.

GameTrailers have a two-part interview up, so you might want to give that a look.

You are a star Aimless, I'm downloading the interview now!

This is a picture of the limited edition with the figurine! Its off play-asia who were taking pre-orders but now I can't seem to find it!

PA.77994.001.jpg

Anyone know any uk websites taking pre-orders!?

I really want the limited edition one because of the figure, and people this is a limited edition not a special edition like most things!:yay:

And just because I can, here is another screenshot!

assassins-creed-20060510005325152.jpg

This game does look absolutely incredible, in terms of both graphics and gameplay.

Do we have any idea when it will be released?

If memory serves....September? it's an autum game I know that much. Possibly October.

you suck then :heh:

Needles to say.. I took drugs. Alan Partridge rules.

You are a star Aimless, I'm downloading the interview now!

This is a picture of the limited edition with the figurine! Its off play-asia who were taking pre-orders but now I can't seem to find it!

PA.77994.001.jpg

Anyone know any uk websites taking pre-orders!?

I really want the limited edition one because of the figure, and people this is a limited edition not a special edition like most things!:yay:

And just because I can, here is another screenshot!

assassins-creed-20060510005325152.jpg

I want it. Now.

I was well excited about posting this but I was beaten to the punch on the front page, but I thought "HEY! What about the Assassin's Credd thread!" Its not exactly new news but I was getting kind of worried they had forgotten about it! :o

So here is the link:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=180408

And even though its not the final boxart, I still think it rocks!

180408bm.jpg

I'm really hoping it plays a bit like Metal Gear Solid on the Gamboy Colo(u)r, if anyones played that!!

found a confirmed november release date somewhere i cant seem to remember though =P

but im still pretty pleased with that, if its anything like a splinter cell/pop cross over il be happy, it looks truely epic. environments look very similar to kingdom of heaven, everyone should go watch that film in preparation for assasins creed. best first 30 minutes of a film evr, then gets a bit silly.

but assasins creed is so on my wishlist

Waaaaa! :yay:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=77700

Brand spanking new interview from Eurogamer with Jade Raymond about the one and only Assassin's Creed!!

115728-1.jpg

found a confirmed november release date somewhere i cant seem to remember though =P

Yup, a Novermber release date it seems! Assuming there are no delays...woops jinxed it!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165544

200px-AC-Altair.jpg

but im still pretty pleased with that, if its anything like a splinter cell/pop cross over il be happy, it looks truely epic. environments look very similar to kingdom of heaven, everyone should go watch that film in preparation for assasins creed. best first 30 minutes of a film evr, then gets a bit silly.

but assasins creed is so on my wishlist

Kingdom of Heaven is my favourite film ever! Make sure you see the director's cut version though, its the version that Ridley Scott wanted to release before Fox decided the film was "too long of cinema audiences" and made him cut a lot out! The DC makes more sense than the theatrical release

Oh, and im really, really hyped for this game!

add GTA IV + Alan Wake to that list too and i would agree with you...

What's so special about GTA that makes it next gen?

It has better grafix lololol

I just cant get over how good this looks.

By the looks of it the enviroment is going to be more alive. Thats the bonus of this generation, theres now enough processing power to have birds flying around, a traffic jam here, a crowd of people there etc.

Thats what makes this game next gen too, it isnt the wall climbing thing