Assassin's Creed

assassins-creed.jpg

The official site:

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/

The trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIlUBMYjmZ4

The X06 demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk5j-iGuTM

Assassin's Creed is a video game by Ubisoft. The game takes place during the Third Crusade, exact year 1191. The gamer plays as a member of the assassin sect Hashshashin known as Altaïr (??????, Arabic, "The flying" eagle), whose objective is to assassinate the nine historical figures who are propagating the Crusades, and the suffering of the people. As the gamer finds and kills these targets, their conspiracy is unveiled. The player will be able to travel through three cities, Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus.

The environment is completely interactive, from the people to the historically accurate cities. These cities are populated by many people and the way the player controls Altaïr affects how people around him react to his presence. For example, when going through a crowd, if the player lightly moves someone out of the way, it will not have a significant effect. However, if the player throws someone to the ground and kills them, the crowd may unite against him and he will then have to find a way out. Similarly, if the player shoves a person aside, they may shove him back. If he climbs walls, civilians will gather around, attracting unwanted attention from guards.

This game looks awesome! I thought there might aswell be an thread for it since there is one for Blue Dragon, which also looks awesome!

I also wanted to know what everyone else is thinking about this?

EDIT: http://kotaku.com/gaming/assassin%27s-creed/assassins-creed-novels-coming-243652.php

Assassin's Creed novel, sounds interesting. Anyone read anything by this Steven Barnes person??

Anyone who stands between me and this game will find them selves six feet under.:awesome:

360 > PS3 version.

360 version will have a table tennis style mechanic, where if you can grab a ledge you'll get a light rumble from the pad.

This game is going to rock for one reason, its by the PoP: Sands of Time team.

Yup.

the main reason im getting it on PS3 though is because Ill have at least one good game to play it on!

This is the kinda thing I think the next-gens should be pushing for, not realistic graphics but interactive environments and convincing physics. Can't wait for this game.

the main reason im getting it on PS3 though is because Ill have at least one good game to play it on!

Why not just save yourself £400+ and get it on 360.

No point buying one just to play multiplatform games.

However if he doesn'tcare about shooters and wants mgs4 and final fantasy 13 he has to buy a ps3

Nice narrowing down of genre's there Zeldafreak.

So according to you, the only thing the 360 has is shooters?

However if he doesn'tcare about shooters and wants mgs4 and final fantasy 13 he has to buy a ps3

He may as well wait though, neither of those games are going to be out this year.

Who cares? PS3. Xbox 360. Doesn't matter.

It's the same game, and it'll be awesome regardless.

Who cares? PS3. Xbox 360. Doesn't matter.

It's the same game, and it'll be awesome regardless.

QFMFT

I cant wait for this game. Ever since the first video its hyped me up. I love the olden knights/that era ..era. So a game on it will be great.

Nice narrowing down of genre's there Zeldafreak.

So according to you, the only thing the 360 has is shooters?

Yep pretty much and the same licensed content plus the odd racer. Not any exclusive platformersvas of yet.

Yep pretty much and the same licensed content plus the odd racer. Not any exclusive platformersvas of yet.

You're cruising for a bru.... banning.

ZeldaFreak allways causes arguments...

No I don't plus you have about 5 shooters in you sig as well the only platformer on the 360, an action adventure game, a racer, and a simulation game.

No offence but I'm pointing out the truth as much as I love games coming to the 360 - we yet to receive an exclusive platfromer

You are forgetting Viva Pinata! Last time I checked it wasn't a FPS! :heh:

13321689_2006051613574635115900.jpg

What does everybody think of the fighting in Assassin's Creed and, as mentioned in the X06 demo, the fact that you can only really take one blow?

No I don't plus you have about 5 shooters in you sig as well the only platformer on the 360, an action adventure game, a racer, and a simulation game.

No offence but I'm pointing out the truth as much as I love games coming to the 360 - we yet to receive an exclusive platfromer

Neither did the xbox, platformers are dead to me, there might be the occasional one in 5 years that I'll play and like. Learn to spell "platformer" properly. That really seems to be the only genre that 360 really lacks in. Everything else is there in abundance.

If only.

What does everybody think of the fighting in Assassin's Creed and, as mentioned in the X06 demo, the fact that you can only really take one blow?

I havnt heard about that. I kinda like the sound of it.

It depends with what though. If its a fight with fists and you go down in one, then it'd be really annoying. If it was with weapons like swords or crossbows or planks of wood while not with the fists then it would be cool.

I havnt heard about that. I kinda like the sound of it.

It depends with what though. If its a fight with fists and you go down in one, then it'd be really annoying. If it was with weapons like swords or crossbows or planks of wood while not with the fists then it would be cool.

If you watch the demo from X06 they talk/show it right at the end when Altaïr is fighting the guards, and in this case they are using swords!:heh:

If you want, you can download a high quality version here, 137MB, WMV!

http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_assassinscreed_x06_onstagedemo_h264.wmv

Dosn't the 360 version have better A.I. aswell, i'm sure I read that somewhere.

I'm pointing out the truth

You wouldn't know the truth if it took you to the movies, bought you dinner and fucked you up the arse.